Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7
Re: Anyone attend any of The Rolling Stones 71 UK Tour shows
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: January 4, 2015 02:20

kleermaker
RipThisBone
NICOS
Rolling Stones - 1971 Marquee Club trailer......

Great! Thanks NICOS Far better quality compared to the known bootleg video/dvd! Different angles too. Still this seems to be from the known part of the two Marquee performances. Here Keith is wearing a white shirt, while on some pictures he wears a black one with figures on it. I've not seen any videos from The Marquee 71 with KR wearing his black shirt.

This one has a relatively nice audio quality as well.

This video is blocked from YouTube by Eagle Rock now.....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
We have seen this before when other Eagle Rock releases were in the worksthumbs up

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: January 4, 2015 02:42

I think your right RipThisBone............

Posted by: AmpegVT22 ()
Date: January 4, 2015 19:48

Great shots from Newcastle!

As to remembering setlists, G48 is dead right. They were at a real peak in Spring '71 and UK sightings were usually 2 or 3 years apart.

Next show I saw, Wembley Arena '73, I could barely name three songs for certain. Star Star cos it had @#$%& in it. Dancing With Mr. D cos I thought it tedious on record and no better live. Seemed like they were going thru the motions. Clearest memory - I was on his side and near the stage - the first time I noticed Wyman _constantly_ scanning the audience for suitable material.

That brings me to Earls Court 1976 & the PA with the milli-second lag, supposed to compensate for the cowshed's horrible delay. Of course, it added to it. Best observation there, sitting above the piano (shared if memory serves by Hopkins, Preston & Stewart) was that every song that really sat well live, that swung, there would be Ian Stewart taking over the keys. No disrespect to the wonderful Nicky Hopkins but Ian Stewart had great taste...

Excuse these random, unsolicited memories!

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: January 4, 2015 20:13

AmpegVT22

Excuse these random, unsolicited memories!

They're a delight to read and I had a hearful laugh with the BW bit
You should start a separate thread with your detailed Stones concerts exps thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-04 20:15 by dcba.

Posted by: OutOfTime ()
Date: January 4, 2015 20:19

RipThisBone
kleermaker
RipThisBone
NICOS

Great! Thanks NICOS Far better quality compared to the known bootleg video/dvd! Different angles too. Still this seems to be from the known part of the two Marquee performances. Here Keith is wearing a white shirt, while on some pictures he wears a black one with figures on it. I've not seen any videos from The Marquee 71 with KR wearing his black shirt.

This video is blocked from YouTube by Eagle Rock now.....spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
We have seen this before when other Eagle Rock releases were in the worksthumbs up

Yes indeed!
This implies the same sort of release next for STICKY FINGERS DELUXE! Just like SOME GIRLS DELUXE and Some Girls Live in Texas (Eagle Rock) and EXILE ON MAINSTREET DELUXE, Ladies & Gentlmen 72 (Eagle Rock).

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: January 4, 2015 21:36

OutOfTime
RipThisBone
kleermaker
RipThisBone
NICOS

Yes indeed!
This implies the same sort of release next for STICKY FINGERS DELUXE! Just like SOME GIRLS DELUXE and Some Girls Live in Texas (Eagle Rock) and EXILE ON MAINSTREET DELUXE, Ladies & Gentlmen 72 (Eagle Rock).

It got almost 2.000 views and that's it. Those little bastards of ER cool smiley

Posted by: kleermaker ()
Date: January 4, 2015 21:39

LuxuryStones
Hope you don't mind, Kleermaker.

Haha, of course I don't. Grab it while you can, because Eagle Rock is hunting me down right now.

Date: January 4, 2015 22:08

kleermaker
LuxuryStones
Hope you don't mind, Kleermaker.

Haha, of course I don't. Grab it while you can, because Eagle Rock is hunting me down right now.

thumbs up>grinning smiley<thumbs up

Edit: Just came across CAN'T YOU HEAR ME KNOCKING live at GLASTONBURY 2013 clicking along Kleermakers YouTube chanel.
This would make a great BONUS to the STICKY FINGERS DELUXE 2015 release!
Bonding the years (1969/71-present) together LIVE with Mick Taylor and a superb performace by the late great BOBBY KEYS (what a loss...) who was so important on the original recording!

In fact why not release SWAY and SILVER TRAIN, STREETS OF LOVE, SLIPPING AWAY, LOVE IN VAIN (EchoPlex) live and/or even rehearsals from 2012-2014 with MICK TAYLOR on a 2015 STICKY FINGERS DELUXE DVD release?
Mister Taylor is likely to add overdubs to a STICKY FINGERS BONUStracks album just like he did for the EXILE BONUStracks.
It's Only ROCK N ROLL but I like it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-04 22:59 by RipThisBone.

Date: January 5, 2015 14:34

Some more info on the 1971 tour here, including a Newcastle setlist with both CYHMK and WH.

[www.reservoirmusiccenter.com]

Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: January 5, 2015 15:50

Those two numbers are included in that setlist but the thing is we need a recording of the songs in order to confirm that they were played.Anything else is just speculation.

Date: January 5, 2015 16:41

NoPanic
Those two numbers are included in that setlist but the thing is we need a recording of the songs in order to confirm that they were played.Anything else is just speculation.

Unless we can't trust the band members or people who attended the shows, then, yes... smiling smiley

Posted by: georgie48 ()
Date: January 8, 2015 00:25

HI 2000LYFH,

nice list, but the one who made it up clearly was either drunk or not present at those Bristol shows. I was there ( hitchhiked from Liverpool on the 8th) and the Stones' encore was Street Fighting Man! They didn't play sixteen songs either! No CYHMK, no PS. The danger of copying without verifying is that for instance still recent books want to make you believe that Mick Avory was in the Marquee on 12 July 1962. He wasn't! ASK the guy yourself!

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: January 14, 2015 15:35

I thought these videos had already been found:

"The Rolling Stones played Top Of The Pops on 22nd April 1971, where they performed three songs from Sticky Fingers; Wild Horses, Bitch, and this version of Brown Sugar.
Wild Horses and Bitch are missing, have you seen them? We're on the hunt for this classic footage!"

[www.facebook.com]

Date: January 14, 2015 15:40

Cristiano Radtke

"The Rolling Stones played Top Of The Pops on 22nd April 1971, where they performed three songs from Sticky Fingers; Wild Horses, Bitch, and this version of Brown Sugar.
Wild Horses and Bitch are missing, have you seen them? We're on the hunt for this classic footage!"

[www.facebook.com]

Yeah, wasn't it VideoJames who provided it for them?

Date: January 14, 2015 15:42

DandelionPowderman
Cristiano Radtke

[www.facebook.com]

Yep, that's what he posted here, as far as I remember.

Posted by: geoffc ()
Date: January 14, 2015 18:43

I was at the Manchester gig, and apart from it being a great concert, I clearly remember Brown Sugar and Bitch being introduced as new songs, and they were the only ones I hadn't heard before. Also, I remember Keith picking up an acoustic guitar, but it was so far out of tune that he put it down again, and they dropped whatever song that was going to be. Possibly that was going to be Wild Horses?

Date: January 14, 2015 22:12

geoffc
I was at the Manchester gig, and apart from it being a great concert, I clearly remember Brown Sugar and Bitch being introduced as new songs, and they were the only ones I hadn't heard before. Also, I remember Keith picking up an acoustic guitar, but it was so far out of tune that he put it down again, and they dropped whatever song that was going to be. Possibly that was going to be Wild Horses?

thumbs up Great you were there. Thanks for your story.

This was on Facebook today:

Maybe The Rolling Stones are looking for better quality tapes or maybe it's publicity already...I think the latter.drinking smiley

Date: January 15, 2015 04:26

geoffc
Possibly that was going to be Wild Horses?

Or Dead Flowers, maybe. smiling smiley

Nice story, BTW. thumbs up

Posted by: CaptainCorella ()
Date: January 15, 2015 13:11

RipThisBone

The Brown Sugar performance, with Mick in his satin pink suit, is really good. I like the 'gor blimey' at the end.

But is it a real PERFORMANCE? I've always seen it as Mick singing over the backing track.

Date: January 15, 2015 13:16

CaptainCorella
RipThisBone

The Brown Sugar performance, with Mick in his satin pink suit, is really good. I like the 'gor blimey' at the end.

But is it a real PERFORMANCE? I've always seen it as Mick singing over the backing track.

Mick sings live over a backing track.

Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: January 15, 2015 14:50

Mick goes well here...just like his live vocal in Gimme Shelter in 1969.

Be cool to see Bitch and WH. At least we might get the add on that Video James is working on...Marquee Show Ive seen to death and pretty lackluster.
Good work VJ !

Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: January 15, 2015 14:56

Yes, I am working on both projects, I have submitted a 30 second sampler of Bitch & Wild Horses from the April 1971 Top of the Pops broadcast from the mastertape.
I am awaiting their decision, it could go to either the Marquee or Sticky Fingers project Many, many years ago I had a friend who's job at the BBC was to Bulk erase various TV shows..(yes you heard it... "bulk erase" TV shows). He had the foresight to realise some of these shows were worth keeping. He has quite a private collection, I was able to get a bunch of shows before they were erased forever. So many shows were lost,to make room to tape other shows. Master Tapes were very expensive to keep and storage was costly also, so it was cost effective to record over shows. This was a practice done with American TV shows also. This practice is still going on today, you would think they would have learn, but at least it is not anywhere near what was erased back in the 60's & 70's. I worked at Atlantic Records in the 70's and help with their library, I saved alot of tapes and films that were about to get thrown out in the garbage. Sadly many things were thrown out before I got there. I knew someone that worked at one record company that found boxes of tapes "In the garbage" that later ended up to be some of the rarest things around and still not bootlegged! This is one of the reason when people ask, "where is that show or film" that's what happened they got erased for the shows like "How to make a peanut butter sandwich". Oh! One other thing while on the topic, You won't believe what amazing recording were lost for "LATE PAYMENT" at storage houses. I was ask to locate some famous things and that is what happened, I won't mention what shows they were to save face to the people in charge to keep a eye on them..

Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman
Cristiano Radtke

[www.facebook.com]

Date: January 15, 2015 14:57

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-23 23:25 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: January 15, 2015 15:05

It's great to know that the full BBC performance survives.

For years we've had Brown Sugar as that track alone was repeated on Top of The Pops when the single charted, but the episode that had the 3 song album showcase was always thought to have been wiped. I'm glad this has been proved not to be the case.

Date: January 15, 2015 15:07

VideoJames
Yes, I am working on both projects

Cristiano Radtke
DandelionPowderman
Cristiano Radtke

[www.facebook.com]

Thanks, Videojames. thumbs up Do you mean they plan to release the Sticky Fingers deluxe edition and a separate DVD?

BTW, I found this very funny, although is also sad: "This is one of the reason when people ask, "where is that show or film" that's what happened they got erased for the shows like "How to make a peanut butter sandwich".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-01-15 15:08 by Cristiano Radtke.

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: February 23, 2015 23:18

VideoJames, has there been any developments regarding what will be used for the Sticky Fingers deluxe reissue??

You also mentioned trying to get the band to release a different/better '71 show then the Marquee show....Anything on that??

thanks

Posted by: VideoJames ()
Date: February 24, 2015 03:30

achilles77
VideoJames, has there been any developments regarding what will be used for the Sticky Fingers deluxe reissue??

You also mentioned trying to get the band to release a different/better '71 show then the Marquee show....Anything on that??

thanks

I submitted a bunch of things and suggestions, I got a No thank you for my Top of the Pops,Bitch & Wild Horses. I would suggest if there are any "outtakes" from the Olympic sessions and Stargroves sessions circa 1969-1970 list them for me here and will foraward some of them on as songs fans want to hear. I have nothing to do with what will be used in the end but can make suggestions. Hey..One never knows???

Posted by: britstones ()
Date: February 24, 2015 05:37

What a shame about the decision not to use Bitch/Wild Horses from your Top of the Pops VJ. It would be nice to see them now that we know they exist. It seems the Stones, have at times, questionable decision making when it comes to giving the fans what they want. Maybe they have a better copy of the video? Wishful thinking I suppose. I hope we at least get a new '71 show or at least a complete upgraded Leeds (as upgraded as you can get, with their history of poorly recorded early '70s Stones shows).

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: February 24, 2015 07:09

VideoJames
achilles77

thanks

I submitted a bunch of things and suggestions, I got a No thank you for my Top of the Pops,Bitch & Wild Horses. I would suggest if there are any "outtakes" from the Olympic sessions and Stargroves sessions circa 1969-1970 list them for me here and will foraward some of them on as songs fans want to hear. I have nothing to do with what will be used in the end but can make suggestions. Hey..One never knows???

Maybe a different 30 second submission would do the trick.. the parts that show Mick in the best light winking smiley Anyway I hope this comes to light some day, thanks for the posts Videojames. peace

Posted by: achilles77 ()
Date: February 24, 2015 07:50

VideoJames
achilles77

thanks

Thanks for the update, VJ. I'm sure everyone here appreciates your efforts. I certainly do. Maybe it's like britstones suggested; that they have already acquired a better copy. Fingers crossed.

Good luck with any future suggestions that you forward to the band.

Take care

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-02-24 08:38 by achilles77.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 6 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1714
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home