Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

rehearsals
Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: June 24, 2005 18:14

When are the boys rumoured to hit T.O.?

Re: rehearsals
Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: June 24, 2005 18:47

The 'Boys' are over 60 years old...........

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: June 24, 2005 18:56

Ahh, don't forget Ronnie's just a kid at 58. Unlike a lot of others on this board and elsewhere I try not to dwell on their ages but instead on the new album, tour, etc. BB King still tours at 80 and there are others as well that are enjoying themselves at older ages (Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, Neil Young, Crosby, Stills, Nash, etc.) out on the road and in the studio. So if I want to refer to them as boys (they sure as hell aren't girls) I will. I'll pass on the "old cronies, has-beens, greedy old men, etc" remarks. Long live the Boys!

Posted by: Miss U. ()
Date: June 24, 2005 20:37

Mid July.

[p207.ezboard.com]

Posted by: LISMM63 ()
Date: June 24, 2005 22:40

Here's to the BOYS! I'll drink to that! Set me up a Tom Collins, easy on the Gin thowinking smiley

"Fuc the Rock babe, I want the Roll." (KR)

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: June 24, 2005 22:46

Only srewdriver , double !!!:-)

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Date: June 24, 2005 22:48

i wonder when those old men N'sync will release a new album

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: June 25, 2005 19:03

The Stones have always been referred to as the THE BOYS as far back as I can remember. At parties when I was out with friends back in the late 60's-early 70's when it was time to put on a new record, we simply said "put on the boys". It was understood that this could only be the Rolling Stones. If a particularly irritating album was being played, we would loudly protest by saying disdainfully to the party thrower to once again "put on the Boys". We could get obnoxious about this at times, but we didn't care. We were big fans, and it always perked up parties anyway.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 25, 2005 19:20

Haha LOL Potted Shrimp just HATES it when you call the Stones "The Boys".
That is funny. There are a couple of violent pet peevs I have myself on the Board. Maybe one day we should have a "clearing-the-air" kind of thread where evrybody lays it on the line without resorting to attacks. You know like one of them therapy groups.

Date: June 25, 2005 19:34

We may be older, but we ARE still boys in our hearts and minds. The mirror may disagree, but really it is true. So yes, the Stones will always be The Boys to me and many other fans. It is an affectionate term.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: June 25, 2005 19:51

I could say "I'd Much Rather Be With the Boys", but that might start some nasty rumors LOL.

Date: June 25, 2005 20:21

Uh, no need to go there......

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1881
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home