Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 18
Re: RIP Bobby Keys
Posted by: slew ()
Date: December 3, 2014 05:52

Really sad news. I love Bobby's sax. RIP.

Posted by: Sighunt ()
Date: December 3, 2014 05:53

Rest in peace, Bobby. Although you made your mark playing with other artists, you were truly an intricate part of what made the Stones a great band.
"Accept no substitutes."

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: December 3, 2014 06:00

Terrible news indeed. Bobby was perfect, the 14 on Fire shows were great gifts to us from Bobby. We are now one more step removed from the classic Stones sound, a big step. He played for us his fans in 2014, one can only imagine the discomfort and difficulties attached to touring as ill as he apparently was. The underlying theme of The Stones now is to "Empty The Tank", true blue rock and roller Mr. Bobby Keys, our world is very, very different after today. RIP..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-03 06:03 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: December 3, 2014 06:01

One of the last times I saw Bobby...

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: December 3, 2014 06:14

When the sadness clears, they will have to tally his professional life as a musician and it will be staggering the giants he has played with, and the hits he has enhanced. Don't be sorry that he only got 70 years. It was a magical life that wound from hearing Buddy Holly's garage band and on through to this year on stage with the band he contributed to most.

But now the sadness is here....

Posted by: Thru and Thru ()
Date: December 3, 2014 06:14

Very sad news, Brown Sugar will never sound quite the same again without Bobby's sax. I've had the pleasure of meeting him a few times over the years, always a super nice guy, very down to earth. RIP Bobby, another good-bye to another good friend indeed. sad smiley

Lose your dreams and you will lose your mind...

Posted by: z ()
Date: December 3, 2014 06:40

I think I just saw a TV fall out of the sky

Posted by: StonedAsia ()
Date: December 3, 2014 07:02

Well said.

Posted by: JohnnyBGoode ()
Date: December 3, 2014 07:06

That sound can't be replaced. There is only one Bobby Keys with that swing. Thoughts with his family, friends, and The Stones.

Date: December 3, 2014 07:11

sad news

Posted by: little queenie ()
Date: December 3, 2014 08:02

Very sad day....I'm still in shock and it's been 12 hours since I learned the news. RIP (I don't know what I got till it's gone)

Posted by: minorbyrd ()
Date: December 3, 2014 08:09

RIP Bobby Keys - Thanks for the music

Date: December 3, 2014 08:12

Rest in Peace, Bobby Keys

You will be remembered as one of the greatest saxophone players ever, certainly among Stones fans. It won't quite be the same without you playing at a Stones concert.
I will always remember your electifying saxophone play on Brown Sugar and other classic Stones songs. You will be missed, my friend.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: December 3, 2014 08:18

yes very sad news indeed.
does anyone know when he played the very last time on stage with the band ?

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: December 3, 2014 08:29

I celebrate your life, Mr. Bobby Keys. Thank you for so many moments of pure joy.

Posted by: pooroldgrandad ()
Date: December 3, 2014 08:30

So sad to hear the news.

RIP and thanks a lot Bobby, your sax was dynamite.

May be he's in the land where every night's a Saturday night & every day's a Sunday.

Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: December 3, 2014 08:35

Rest in peace, Bobby.
You will be missed.

Date: December 3, 2014 08:36

spsimmons
I haven't paid close attention lately, did he play with the Stones on their last leg of the tour?

Not since Europe.

Date: December 3, 2014 08:37

jpasc95

Roskilde Festival, July 3rd this year.

Date: December 3, 2014 08:48

A devastating loss to Bobby's family and friends, the Stones and millions of fans from all over the world. RIP Bobby. Your contribution to music and the Stones will live on and you will not be forgotten.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 3, 2014 08:51

Oh no! What a horrible way to start a day by hearing such terrible news.

Bobby was special. You could not get much closer for being a Rolling Stone as far as musical contributing goes. And yeah, that he actually was. The solo of "Brown Sugar" is about the most important and distinguished musical contribution to the legacy of the Stones any none official member ever has done. That alone makes him immortal - one of the most distinguished saxophone solos ever put on record and having catched by millions and millions ears. And he did so much else.

There is helluva Rolling Stones band out there now. Brian, Stu, Nicky, Billy, Bobby... the living links to the legendary, mind-blowing past are fewer one by one... And Bobby was there all the way - the future "Brown Sugar" would not be the same.

This must be hardest for Keith Richards. Knowing Keith, the fact that they were born in the same day must have created a special connection between them. And it was Keith who around 1971 or something, commented that Brian Jones was actually replaced by Bobby Keys... That alone says how much impact he had for them.

RIP Bobby

- Doxa

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: December 3, 2014 08:59

erikjjf
jpasc95

thanks erik.

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: December 3, 2014 09:24

Doxa
Oh no! What a horrible way to start a day by hearing such terrible news.

Bobby was special. You could not get much closer for being a Rolling Stone as far as musical contributing goes. And yeah, that he actually was. The solo of "Brown Sugar" is about the most important and distinguished musical contribution to the legacy of the Stones any none official member ever has done. That alone makes him immortal - one of the most distinguished saxophone solos ever put on record and having catched by millions and millions ears. And he did so much else.

There is helluva Rolling Stones band out there now. Brian, Stu, Nicky, Billy, Bobby... the living links to the legendary, mind-blowing past are fewer one by one... And Bobby was there all the way - the future "Brown Sugar" would not be the same.

This must be hardest for Keith Richards. Knowing Keith, the fact that they were born in the same day must have created a special connection between them. And it was Keith who around 1971 or something, commented that Brian Jones was actually replaced by Bobby Keys... That alone says how much impact he had for them.

RIP Bobby

- Doxa

And if you include Jack Bruce on bass from the Too Many Cooks sessions, and Lennon manning the production.

Posted by: jjf1965 ()
Date: December 3, 2014 09:24

RIP Bobby. Very sad.

Hope you´ll blow your sax with Clarence now.

Posted by: FolkyFireKitten1 ()
Date: December 3, 2014 09:44

My deepest condolences to his family, friends and evereone who knew him and loved him.

Thank you Bobby, RIP...

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: December 3, 2014 09:46

erikjjf
jpasc95

Oh God. It makes me even more sad that I was there for his last Stones gig.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: December 3, 2014 10:00

It is really shocking and sad. You have gone way too soon. Rest in peace.

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: December 3, 2014 10:09

Sending my prayers to Bobby, his family, friends and fans. What an incredible talent he had! His enormous contribution to the Stones’ sound on record and on stage and will be forever remembered, and his earthy, smiling, charismatic presence will be dearly missed.

Thank you, Bobby, for all your beautiful, swinging sounds. You can play your horn for the angels now (and maybe even teach Gabriel how to groove).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-12-03 19:57 by Plink.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: December 3, 2014 10:10

I feel so sad about his loss to the world , but so glad I saw him play three times on his last Rolling Stones Tour.

Posted by: hitti ()
Date: December 3, 2014 10:13

RIP Mr. Brown Sugar.
Nothing more to say.

hitti

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...4567891011121314...LastNext
Current Page: 9 of 18

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2487
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home