Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Where'd The GooglePlay Albums Go?
Date: November 23, 2014 09:17

I'm not sure if they've been removed or if my computer is missing something, but I've searched GooglePlay for 'rolling stones' (all albums) and 'hampton coliseum' (already have it, just did this as a test), but no results for the Archive releases came up. Are they planning on releasing all of the shows and want to limit the options, or am I missing something? I'm in the U.S., so I can't get the StonesArchive site downloads.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Where'd The GooglePlay Albums Go?
Posted by: gimmedanger ()
Date: November 23, 2014 10:26

They're missing from the UK play store too. I have all of them bar the Toronto show so I'm a bit disappointed that I can't get that now.

Date: November 23, 2014 10:52

The shows seem to still be available on the Stones archive site but they're unavailable to anyone from the the US, UK, Italy, Spain, France or Germany.

I might have to pick them up again in FLAC whilst I'm here in 'straya

Date: November 28, 2014 06:19

Speaking of things going missing, I've just gone to watch the following concert which I bookmarked ages ago and there's a notice saying that the 'video contains content from Eagle Rock, who has blocked it on copyright grounds'

The Rolling Stones 3-26-1971 Marquee Club London Entire Concert

Does this mean that an official release is in the works? I'd prefer it to be a stand-alone release rather than a Sticky Fingers bonus disc

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: November 29, 2014 05:02

Maybe 3/26/71 could be a stand-alone, and 3/13/71 (Leeds) could be part of the Sticky deluxe! Or Vice Versa, whatever...but it'd be great to have them both released.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 29, 2014 06:04

floodonthepage
Maybe 3/26/71 could be a stand-alone, and 3/13/71 (Leeds) could be part of the Sticky deluxe! Or Vice Versa, whatever...but it'd be great to have them both released.

That <would be> indeed good news.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-29 06:05 by treaclefingers.

Posted by: Stones62 ()
Date: December 1, 2014 19:23

I was able to find all my Stones purchases on Google Play by selecting the path Music/My Music/My Library/Rolling Stones. Google Play appears to have changed their UI and not for the better I think.

Date: December 2, 2014 05:41

Stones62
I was able to find all my Stones purchases on Google Play by selecting the path Music/My Music/My Library/Rolling Stones. Google Play appears to have changed their UI and not for the better I think.

Same here - I was able to find mine to re-download but I couldn't find the Toronto concert for sale on here. That was the only one I hadn't bought out of the 5. I think it's still available in Australia from the stones archive site

Date: December 2, 2014 11:14

gimmedanger
Stones62

Same here - I was able to find mine to re-download but I couldn't find the Toronto concert for sale on here. That was the only one I hadn't bought out of the 5. I think it's still available in Australia from the stones archive site

It's available in the Stonesarchive here in Norway as well. All the "bootlegs" are.

Posted by: adotulipson ()
Date: December 4, 2014 02:16

I have just checked Stonesarchives here in UK and Leeds mp3 $7 flack $9 still there,same with Toronto,just the mp3 Tokyo and Hampton,no LA or Brussels

Date: December 5, 2014 01:50

adotulipson
I have just checked Stonesarchives here in UK and Leeds mp3 $7 flack $9 still there,same with Toronto,just the mp3 Tokyo and Hampton,no LA or Brussels

What happens when you press "bootlegs" and the respective years? Or are 1981, 1982, 1990 and 2005 your only options?

Posted by: HomerSimpson ()
Date: December 5, 2014 21:29

gimmedanger
Speaking of things going missing, I've just gone to watch the following concert which I bookmarked ages ago and there's a notice saying that the 'video contains content from Eagle Rock, who has blocked it on copyright grounds'

Does this mean that an official release is in the works? I'd prefer it to be a stand-alone release rather than a Sticky Fingers bonus disc

I ran into the same problem with the Eagle Rock copyright when calling up an old bookmarked video for C**ksucker Blues (the movie not the song). I can not imagine that this would be given a general DVD/BluRay release.

Date: December 6, 2014 07:01

HomerSimpson
gimmedanger

I ran into the same problem with the Eagle Rock copyright when calling up an old bookmarked video for C**ksucker Blues (the movie not the song). I can not imagine that this would be given a general DVD/BluRay release.

Stranger things have happened! Surely anything that was originally deemed offensive or explicit has now been eclipsed by your average music awards show a la Miley Cyrus?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1924
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home