Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: RIP Jimmy Ruffin
Posted by: dmay ()
Date: November 20, 2014 01:27

A (forgotten) artist from the golden age of Motown and AM radio died this week. Enjoy a song or two from him.

Re: OT: RIP Jimmy Ruffin
Posted by: Stoner72 ()
Date: November 20, 2014 03:42

Only one, big hit. But what a hit it was...

Posted by: triceratops ()
Date: November 20, 2014 04:01

A (forgotten) artist from the golden age of Motown and AM radio died this week. Enjoy a song or two from him.

Detroit was an automobile manufacturing superpower in 1966. There would have been no Motown sound without this. I mean this with no racism but this kind of music is thousands of times better ___speaking to the human soul of wants and needs__ than the rap/hip-hop garbage we have today

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-20 04:02 by triceratops.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: November 20, 2014 10:59

He definitely had a big,big hit !

Always been a real fave of mine.

R.I.P. Jimmy sad smiley

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 20, 2014 12:40

Elder brother of David Ruffin from The Temptations. What a talented family. RIP Jimmy Ruffin.

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: November 20, 2014 15:19

triceratops

Detroit was an automobile manufacturing superpower in 1966. There would have been no Motown sound without this. I mean this with no racism but this kind of music is thousands of times better ___speaking to the human
soul of wants and needs__ than the rap/hip-hop garbage we have today

Amen to that. Rap music in the beginning was political. Young people unapologetically speaking truth to power. I agree commercial rap music is garbage. We will no longer hear the beautiful sweet soul music of the Motown
period.the music was organic and created by human beings with talent. Rest in peace Jimmy.

Posted by: HearTheWindHowl ()
Date: November 20, 2014 20:10

"What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted" is my favourite soul song, closely followed by "Dancing In The Streets" by Martha (Reeves) And The Vandellas.It has such a beautiful melody and the lyrics always move me, because they show a feeling for people who didn't have all the luck in the world ..... RIP Jimmy Ruffin .....

Posted by: PhillyFAN ()
Date: November 20, 2014 22:03

I remember the The Temptations"Since I lost my baby". One of those beautiful lost love songs that anyone that has been in love and lost can relate to. Great great music and lyrics. The vocals were incredible. I don't recall If if was Jimmy Ruffin or his brother David on lead vocals, but it remains one of my favorites.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home