Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
From the Vaults - What's Next ?
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: November 9, 2014 22:15

We've had the Hampton 1981 Concert, and the LA Forum 1975 concert is coming out on 17/11/2014. Has anyone any ideas as to what's next from the vaults, please ?

Re: From the Vaults - What's Next ?
Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 9, 2014 23:02

If we go from the previous Stones Archive audio releases they'll be Leeds '82, Tokyo '90 and Phoenix club show '05. All were professionally recorded so safe bets.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: November 9, 2014 23:46

Hopefully, they will release Brussels Affair as audio-only cd / lp as well...

Posted by: desertblues68 ()
Date: November 10, 2014 00:04

Maybe this has already been discussed, but is there enough footage of Knebworth to make a DVD release. the vocals are not the best but Keith was on fire. Midnight Rambler is incredible!

Posted by: floodonthepage ()
Date: November 10, 2014 00:31

Still hoping for an official CD/DVD combo of "Terrifying", Atlantic City '89. I have the Swinging Pig 4CD boot, but my VHS of the pay-per-view is wearing thin.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: November 10, 2014 00:41

Their vault is FULL of shows.
Why release stuff that´s around for decades?

We want the unknown shows!

Posted by: NoPanic ()
Date: November 10, 2014 08:17

Yes Too Tough, that's right. But Leeds 82 will be a good one...

Posted by: Sam4741 ()
Date: November 10, 2014 08:46

As much as I would like to see lesser known shows than the ones released two years ago, a Leeds '82 DVD would be fantastic

Date: November 10, 2014 09:13

Leeds 82 set-list is a bit too close to Hampton 81, but it's still a great gig.

If you look very closely on the CD/DVD package of Hampton, you'll see that Universal Music is one of the licensing authorities, in addition to Eagle Rock. Maybe some things will come out without DVD ?

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: November 10, 2014 09:52

I'd be bloody happy just to GET HAMPTON...no stores that I can find in PERTH have it yet, though it was released last bloody week!!!

Date: November 10, 2014 10:07

tomcasagranda
Leeds 82 set-list is a bit too close to Hampton 81, but it's still a great gig.

If you look very closely on the CD/DVD package of Hampton, you'll see that Universal Music is one of the licensing authorities, in addition to Eagle Rock. Maybe some things will come out without DVD ?

This is true. However, there are some differences within the performance of the 81 and 82 shows - also with the guitar sound/use of effects + the Leeds show was a brilliant show, of course.

Posted by: ash ()
Date: November 10, 2014 10:35

Bill's 1964 Radio Luxembourg session acetate please.

Posted by: Virtual_Nobody ()
Date: November 10, 2014 13:06

Hopefully somthing before 1973

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: November 10, 2014 13:31

The four 1995 club-shows in a DVD/BluRay box? thumbs up

Posted by: mighty stork ()
Date: November 10, 2014 13:37

Most likely something that has already been around for years as a bootleg. I always wondered if they may have released some of those themselves just to get around having to pay royalties to their previous label. Economically speaking might not be a bad move. Not sure who thinks about economics in the band lol.

Date: November 10, 2014 13:43

dcba
The four 1995 club-shows in a DVD/BluRay box? thumbs up

A wet dream thumbs up

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 10, 2014 13:49

bitusa2012
I'd be bloody happy just to GET HAMPTON...no stores that I can find in PERTH have it yet, though it was released last bloody week!!!

Try ebay, [www.ebay.co.uk] I ordered Hampton last week and they sent LA 75 by mistake??..........it's brilliant so I kept it and will order Hampton again this week.........

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-10 15:07 by EddieByword.

Posted by: AntoineParis ()
Date: November 10, 2014 15:03

Leeds 82
Tokyo 90

Marquee 71
and Leeds 70 (audio) Sticky Deluxe

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: November 10, 2014 15:06

They've got plenty to choose from...enough to keep us happy with two releases per year for the foreseeable future.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 10, 2014 15:10

el mocombo

Posted by: Mr.D ()
Date: November 10, 2014 16:22

El Mocombo wasn't filmed, Marquee '71 is going to be part of the Sticky Finger deluxe package...I vote for the '99 San Jose No Security show that was filmed by Showtime.

Date: November 10, 2014 16:29

AntoineParis
Leeds 82
Tokyo 90

Marquee 71
and Leeds 70 (audio) Sticky Deluxe

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: November 10, 2014 18:20

Mr.D
El Mocombo wasn't filmed, Marquee '71 is going to be part of the Sticky Finger deluxe package...I vote for the '99 San Jose No Security show that was filmed by Showtime.
i also want video from the no security tour (great tour)

Posted by: DECCA61 ()
Date: November 10, 2014 19:18

leeds 82 will be great on BLURAY its an outdoor show with the big japanese stage design and it is performed in a sort of green valley the roundhay park beautiful site.. i was in person at this last show of the tour .. fantastic memories keep up the vaults good work

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: November 10, 2014 19:29

Blueranger
Hopefully, they will release Brussels Affair as audio-only cd / lp as well...

I agree Blueranger.... I really want an official cd version of my favourite live album. My download copy just doesn't sound right!

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: November 10, 2014 19:34

Mr.D

Yes, No Security is the only Post-Wyman show I have an interest in. You know, they dug up some 1965 live footage from Germany for the Charlie Is My Darling DVD bonus footage. Maybe there is some deep treasure out there, like the 1967 European tour.

I've also not quite understood the Mayles footage for Gimme Shelter. I'd like to hear complete songs and I wonder what they could cobble together. There might even be a whole concert there.

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: November 10, 2014 21:13

Mr.D

I agree Marquee 71 would be fantastic but only if they have access to the original sb tapes and don't use the video sountrack that has always made this show suck...I mean the performance is great and all but the terrible mix (especially where Keith is nearly gone for Let It Rock) is whats ruined it as a collectors item imo. And ANYTHING from the "No Security" tour would be kickass...and there are videos from every show. A friend of mine that worked security on the southern Calif shows said that after the show the sound/video guy always had a VHS sent back to Keith afterwards. I know from being there that the OKC 99 show was fantastic from performance AND song selection...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-10 21:14 by scottkeef.

Posted by: bluesinc. ()
Date: November 10, 2014 21:22

We Need

Marquee
Leeds
Mocambo
Atlantic City
Club Shows 95
No Security

If this is done, release what you Want from the live vault

Studiowise: a compilation of b-sides and rare tracks, and a compilation of live b-sides and rare Tracks

And deluxe Versions of nearly every Album, they dont Need your overdubs, Take whats worth to Release and let this be done by People who know Thier job

Date: November 10, 2014 21:36

Hopefully Brussels next, but I'd even settle for Toronto Light The Fuse.

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: November 10, 2014 23:55

They are releasing stuff that's been around for decades because the Stones are officially releasing the material...not The Swinging Pig or another bootleg label
Besides, the picture and sound quality is always better on official releases.
Why should another company make money off of Rolling Stones owned material?

Soulsurvivor

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1173
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home