Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Eagles dvd
Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: June 21, 2005 21:44

Picked-up the Eagles most recent DVD yesterday and was somewhat dissapointed at the reliance and overuse in my opinion of all the extra players on stage and the absolute perfectness of everything. Made me think about the Stones and how we all yearn for that raw guitar energy and rough sound. I don't want or expect perfection, just an honest, pure effort minus all the extra stuff. Or at least keep it to a bare minimum. And to anyone who thinks Keith is a little burnt out or hard to figure out check out a Joe Walsh interview.

Re: Eagles dvd
Posted by: R ()
Date: June 21, 2005 21:53

That tour started out in my town a year ago. Same stage, same players and everything. I saw it live then and (the DVD) on TV a couple weeks ago. I was struck at, despite the perfection utilizing the ancillary players etc, how wonderfully real and 'organic' they sounded. It works better for them than the Stones.

And Joe Walsh IS a basketcase. That extra guitarist on the right was playing all the stuff Joe was hired to play in the late '70s. If you notice the only proper lead Joe plays on an EAGLES song is the second one in "Hotel CA." Everything else he plays is his own stuff pre '77 (brain damage?) era.

Posted by: Jackass ()
Date: June 21, 2005 22:02

I agree with you "R" that it does work better for them. I still like the Hell Freezes Over dvd a little better though. And next time I watch it I'm going to pay close attention to that extra guitarist (shouldn't the guy have a name if he's playing all the leads?). I hope I have the song title right but I'd love to hear them play Seven Bridges Road (please don't shoot me if I have the name wrong) live, that would be awesome aa it is a personal fave of mine.

Posted by: stonesfan70 ()
Date: June 21, 2005 22:14

My favorite Joe Walsh moment was the time he appeared on VH1's Rock-n-Roll version of Jeopardy as one of the celebrity contestants. The answer to the question was "The Eagles," and both the other contestants actually paused to let him get the easy points, but he just stood there with a blank look on his face until that smart ass guy from Sugar Ray finally answered for him with a smirk on his face. The only thing missing from that show was Will Ferrell.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 22, 2005 00:08

I believe this is their "farewell" tour. Look for another reunion in a couple years. I'd rather watch the Hell Freezes Over DVD. Can't believe they didn't include Don Felder on this tour. Guess that means more money for the others. Timothy B Schmidt sure lucked out. Joins the Eagles late in their careers and gets to reap the money on the reunions.
I still think of the Eagles from the early 70's when Randy Meisner and Bernie Leadon were in the band. I'll bet that there's arguments on Eagles fan sites about which version of the band is the best, early era vs. current.
I read recently that there's going to be a monument put up in Winslow Arizona to pay tribute to the song Take It Easy, the line "standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona, such a fine sight to see." That line was written by Jackson Browne.

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 22, 2005 03:32

Overated band, soft rock, henley sucks.

Posted by: davido ()
Date: June 22, 2005 06:23

Sounds like they are really milking the cash cow
with a watered down line up. No thanks, I'll
stick with the original albums.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1390
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home