Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
LSTNT Failed Version
Posted by: goldylocks ()
Date: November 1, 2014 22:26

I´ve heard a very very failed live botleg version from LSTNT (75/76??) and can´t find it anymore. Can somebody help me with a link. Thanks Regards smiling smiley

Re: LSTNT Failed Version
Posted by: franzk ()
Date: November 1, 2014 22:37

you probably mean knebworth

Posted by: goldylocks ()
Date: November 1, 2014 22:46

muchas gracias thumbs up
it´s so bad played, but also good in a way. So you play, when your tounge gets dry.... (staring down her tits)

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 1, 2014 22:59

Dearie dear ! Sounds very like the 81/82 version. Just imagine the outrage if it was played like this now! I had the privilege of seeing them play this from the front row of the podium at the end of the catwalk in Oslo and I thought it was magnificent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: scaffer ()
Date: November 2, 2014 01:28

I agree with goldylocks - it's a rollicking roller coaster ride. Super energetic, the guitars are screaming. The problem was that they completely missed the middle breakdown the first time (... well, Keith tried to do it but no one followed him), then the second time they attempted it Mick wasn't ready (he may have assumed they would close out the song without it), and so they didn't really execute the breakdown there, either, they just went back to the chorus. But hey, who cares about minor little details like forgetting entire sections of a song when it comes to rock n' roll? smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-02 01:29 by scaffer.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 2, 2014 01:34

I enjoyed that, but at the same time a bit of a car wreck.

Yeah, they wouldn't do that now, which is both good and too bad.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: November 2, 2014 03:59

Who's got the high voice?

Awesome meltdown! 2 minutes in!

Posted by: OCarol ()
Date: November 2, 2014 04:26

Now I don't feel so bad about my band! Lol!

Posted by: copsnrobbers ()
Date: November 2, 2014 04:46

i've never heard a dad Rolling Stones yet

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: November 2, 2014 07:00

GasLightStreet
Who's got the high voice?

Awesome meltdown! 2 minutes in!

It's gotta be Billy - you can hear Keith in other parts of the song and I don't think Ronnie could ever hit those notes.

Posted by: 68to72 ()
Date: November 2, 2014 07:14

goldylocks
muchas gracias thumbs up
it´s so bad played, but also good in a way. So you play, when your tounge gets dry.... (staring down her tits)

thumbs upAye so bad its good!.......Love it.

Knebworth........Would love to have been there.

What a drag it is gettin' old

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: November 2, 2014 11:01

I love Knebworth and I love this "failed" version. Yes it's car crash and yet it's punk (rock) before Some Girls.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 2, 2014 13:21

I was there and it was amazing that they even attempted it. First time they'd played it live since 1967. I wonder what else they rehearsed for Knebworth?

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: November 2, 2014 14:05

scaffer
But hey, who cares about minor little details like forgetting entire sections of a song when it comes to rock n' roll? smiling smiley

My sentiments exactly! Especially when the guitars sound so good :E

I love the Rolling Stones

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-02 14:19 by with sssoul.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 2, 2014 14:48

Damn, I just love them 'failing' so bad... There's absolutely nothing safe and sure there... badass rock'n'roll. Those were the days... professionalism wasn't best virtue back then, thank god..grinning smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: November 2, 2014 15:02

But altogether that particular phase was an interesting transformation period for the band. There was certain tireness in their doings through European tour, the new stuff from BLACK AND BLUE probably wasn't too inspiring for them and their crowds. At the same time the deconstruction of the early 70's live sound had already started during 1975. They were clearly up to something but weren't quite sure what it is. In Knebworth they sounded liek digging their own past catalogue, but the approach wasn't probably too admiring... The same continued in El Mocambo, which was almost like studying their own roots.

What I try to say that of course punk thing must have been inspiring for them, but I think the process toward SOME GIRLS was already began earlier. SOME GIRLS didn't come out of the blue.

- Doxa

Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: November 2, 2014 15:16

I thought they recovered quite well

Date: November 2, 2014 15:41

It sound great anyway.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 2, 2014 17:13

oh yes, such a wonderful mess ! it's like my home, it's a mess but well organised !

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: November 2, 2014 20:20

Knebworth is a fun show to listen too in all its ragged glory. Hott stuff almost derails also.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-11-02 20:23 by ryanpow.

Posted by: punkfloyd ()
Date: November 2, 2014 20:33

This kicks ass!

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: November 3, 2014 02:10

I don't consider it a failed version at all. In fact, it displays an early punk awareness--from the band that pioneered sloppy stage versions of raunchy numbers.

Date: November 3, 2014 02:15

I don't see how it can be considered a 'failed version'... This is better than the watered-down version we get now! The guitars and drums are very good, and Mick's...Mick.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: November 3, 2014 04:31

BeforeTheyMakeMeRun
I don't see how it can be considered a 'failed version'... This is better than the watered-down version we get now! The guitars and drums are very good, and Mick's...Mick.

yes, not a failed version at all, just completely shambolic.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: November 3, 2014 20:54

It should be remembered that Keith's drugs issues were probably at their worst around this time. The Toronto bust took place a mere 6 months later. A couple of months before this show he famously fell asleep on stage in Germany somewhere (Essen?) whilst playing 'Fool to Cry', then their current single. Delays to showtime were frequent in this era !

Also around the same time he pranged his Rolls Royce in Leighton Buzzard with Anita in the car with him.

Didn't the Knebworth show not begin until extraordinarily late at night ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: alhavu1 ()
Date: November 3, 2014 21:07

Sounds cool

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: November 4, 2014 08:25

If they could only "fail" so much now...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: November 4, 2014 09:02

Wow, some real problems with this one. It's one hot hilarious mess! The lead guitar parts are particularly rough and Mick's voice is terrible. Sounds like a coke head garage band....but I still like it. I like the harder rock approach to this pop tune.

The Rolling Stones showing some true vulnerability, some true human mistakes and some true effects of hard living. peace

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: November 4, 2014 09:58

it's panic on board from 2:02 to 2:27 but then the boat is on the good wave again.
quite punky version !

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: November 4, 2014 12:48

The thing is they were so rock 'n' roll back then even their trainwrecks sounded cool and it became part of the Stones.

It's still part of the Stones to sound sloppy, but when you're sounding sloppy with two backup singers, a brass section and Chuck Leavell it's not so cool anymore...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2021
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home