Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

I miss the B-Stage
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: October 29, 2014 23:09

The best part of the every show was the 3 songs on the bstage.

Little Queenie
Let It Bleed
The Last Time

Mannish Boy
Neighbors
Brown Sugar

Re: I miss the B-Stage
Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: October 29, 2014 23:28

thumbs up
We all miss a lot, but hey it's good to be alive while THE ROLLING STONES are on the road.
I miss M-Taylor on more songs for example but I oooh oooh oooh ooohed all the way to great versions of MISS YOU in London 2012, 2013 and Berlin 2014.drinking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 30, 2014 00:09

I think they got too old to walk out all that way. And it might ruin the mood if they all got out on there on electric scooters.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 30, 2014 00:11

I miss the G-String ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: October 30, 2014 15:05

24FPS
I think they got too old to walk out all that way. And it might ruin the mood if they all got out on there on electric scooters.
in a way they already did that on the '05-'07 tour. it happened to
be kind of a big scooter for all of them, but it already indicated
back then that at least some of them weren't willing to walk the distance.
could'nt it be possible to design a stage that's in the middle of the audience
for the whole show, separated from the big screens? doesn't matter for the show
if they play right under the screen or elsewhere.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 30, 2014 15:06

Rockman
I miss the G-String ......

Yeah, but you were starting to look ridiculous in that thing! hot smiley

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: October 30, 2014 15:09

flacnvinyl

The best part of the every show was the 3 songs on the bstage.

Little Queenie
Let It Bleed
The Last Time

Mannish Boy
Neighbors
Brown Sugar

Get over it

Date: October 30, 2014 15:10

I miss the B-stage as well, but I sure don't miss the echo smiling smiley

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: October 30, 2014 16:29

They should've quit with the B-stage after the BRIDGES tour. Nothing will ever top that B-stage.

Well, getting to it anyway.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 30, 2014 16:59

I miss the cherry picker..

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 30, 2014 17:22

I miss the rope trick over the audience.

Date: October 30, 2014 17:22

I miss the elephants on stage...

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 30, 2014 17:26

DandelionPowderman

Haha. I actually saw the elephants on stage....last night at Earl's Court. How many shows did they do with the elephants? Anybody got a pic of those elephants on stage?

Date: October 30, 2014 17:26

Silver Dagger
DandelionPowderman

Haha. I actually saw the elephants on stage....last night at Earl's Court. How many shows did they do with the elephants? Anybody got a pic of those elephants on stage?

According to Keith, only one smiling smiley

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: October 30, 2014 17:29

I miss the infltable penis because I like penises... >grinning smiley<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-10-30 17:29 by dcba.

Date: October 30, 2014 17:38

You're all smiles today, dcba! thumbs up

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 30, 2014 18:32

dcba
I miss the infltable penis because I like penises... >grinning smiley<

I miss the inflatable girls (from US Voodoo tour) because I like inflatable girls. winking smiley

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Regarding the actual thread, I miss the B-Stage as well.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: flilflam ()
Date: October 30, 2014 20:27

24FPS

That is a bit insulting, isn't it? The Stones are all quite active on stage from what I have seen, except of course for Charlie, who is confined to his drum kit. They are mostly in their seventies, but that does not mean that they are not able to walk a few yards to a stage. Most likely, they decided to drop the B-stage for a time because they had done it before, many times. I really enjoyed the moving stage, and the audience really seemed to enjoy it too. I would like to see that return soon.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 30, 2014 22:07

flilflam
24FPS

That is a bit insulting, isn't it? The Stones are all quite active on stage from what I have seen, except of course for Charlie, who is confined to his drum kit. They are mostly in their seventies, but that does not mean that they are not able to walk a few yards to a stage. Most likely, they decided to drop the B-stage for a time because they had done it before, many times. I really enjoyed the moving stage, and the audience really seemed to enjoy it too. I would like to see that return soon.

He may have been joking, lest we all dog pile on him.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: October 30, 2014 22:25

Joking aside, the B-stage was a device for the stadium tours, a sop to those further away from the main stage to get them more centrally involved if only for a few numbers. That rounded ramp they have now makes sort of a similar gesture. However, I think the set sounds much better in an arena, and I'm pleased that they agreed to have a more stripped down arena tour. It was actually the overblown circus of the stadium tours that kept me from seeing them all those tours. Come to think of it, the stadium format is probably the reason they began incorporating all those extra side players, which coincides with the beginning of the so-called Vegas era. I hope they keep to arenas from now on. I'll take the A-Stage any day.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: October 30, 2014 23:05

Setting the jokes aside as stonehearted suggested... I'll agree that it was some sort of device for the stadium settings but it was AWESOME when I got to see it in use at an arena in Memphis on the Bigger Bang tour. I'll never be sure but, for a moment, I wondered if my wife might actually jump out of the balcony after commenting, "HOLY SH!T!! THEY'RE RIGHT THERE!!". Our seats were front row of the balcony in the corner and considering she had been walking on air for the previous hour, I was worried that she might actually be thinking she could fly over and land on the B-stage at that moment.

My true opinion: At a stadium it was pretty cool. In an arena it was a "game changer".

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 30, 2014 23:14

Funny. During the Bigger Bang tour people on here were asking to get rid of it.

Date: October 31, 2014 00:05

I miss going to a Rolling Stones show where everyone there is between the ages of 15 and 25 (including me!)

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 31, 2014 00:12

Loved the B-stage, saw it last at 2nd last show of ABB at the O2.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: crholmstrom ()
Date: October 31, 2014 11:02

I saw an amazing version of "Brown Sugar" on the B stage in Vegas on the Licks tour. Probably best 1 i witnessed. & on ABB tour, I was in a position really close to get fully blasted by Keith's amp. This was a show around Halloween that Motley Crue opened. Ronnie wasn't "well" & Keith was doing all the heavy lifting on guitar. Most excellent!smoking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1607
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home