Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Album
Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: June 18, 2005 20:25

l Didn't like that new song "oh no, not you again", and if thats the type of new music the Stones are making it sucks.
Keith says this is the new "EXILE"?
He must be on crack.
Anyway the Stones are my favorite band and will see them in Miami 10/17.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Re: New Album
Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: June 18, 2005 21:25

Bring your earplugs then, or go on a beer run when they play itsmiling smiley
I was actually surprised how good it was.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: drake ()
Date: June 18, 2005 21:50

The rehearsal vid of ONNYA gave me alot of confidence in the new album. The version at the press conference wasnt horrible, but the rehearsal is much better. Just like Out of Control was the new Fingerprint file, Oh No Not You Again is the new When The Whip Comes Down. If its any indicator of whats coming this fall, I cant wait.

Drake

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: June 18, 2005 22:11

Keith never said this was going to be another Exile. I don't know why folks insist that he did.

Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: June 18, 2005 23:12

StonesTod Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Keith never said this was going to be another
> Exile. I don't know why folks insist that he did.

He compared the new album to Exile quite often in various interviews - but IMO he was more talking about the way it was recorded than about the songs on it!

Posted by: LISMM63 ()
Date: June 19, 2005 09:34

Keith meant, and also Mick, in various interviews, (as well as Cohl) that the album was being made and sounded like the old days, including Exile, the way the Stones got together and constructed the album, they were hot and vibrant and rolling out the tunes one after the other as they did in the 60's. That's what he meantwinking smiley

"Fuc the Rock babe, I want the Roll." (KR)

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: June 19, 2005 09:51

Ropeni wrote:
Keith says this is the new "EXILE"?
He must be on crack.

Get some crack and listen once again. You'll love it!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: June 19, 2005 11:04

Since I got the 2005 PC from Stonefan (Got my e-mail JP???), I have heard that song almost every day. It really grows on you. Really. And I haven't heard the rehearsal of it, which seems to be better according to various members of IORR.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: June 19, 2005 11:52

Kent,
I did not receive your last email..anyway, glad you received it..
I have this rehearsal...I'm on the verge to make a new DVD with the rehearsals (oh no not you again and brown sugar)...I had the links thanks to Lorenz.
I will send it to you.

Date: June 19, 2005 11:58

Did I tell you that I love you JP??? grinning smiley
Thanks a million for hooking me up. grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: stonefan ()
Date: June 19, 2005 12:04

it's my pleasure buddy !

Date: June 19, 2005 12:10

grinning smiley

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: rknuth ()
Date: June 19, 2005 12:16

Oh No Not You Again seems to be more a mixture of You Got Me Rocking (especially the intro!) and Highwire, but When The Whip Comes down seems not far away.

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: June 19, 2005 14:24

Hey thommie, did follow your advice and got some crack and listened to "ONNYA" 3 TIMES, and still sounded awefull.
must be that the version l have is the live one fron the press conference, but ldon't think any amount of studio work will make it better.

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: June 19, 2005 18:56

drake Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The rehearsal vid of ONNYA gave me alot of
> confidence in the new album. The version at the
> press conference wasnt horrible, but the rehearsal
> is much better. Just like Out of Control was the
> new Fingerprint file, Oh No Not You Again is the
> new When The Whip Comes Down.

No comparison. The lyrics to "Whip" are superb (in fact, the whole "Some girls" album is lyrically the high point of the band's career). I've never heard worse lyrics on a Stones song than "Oh no, not you again" - good tune, though.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: June 19, 2005 19:13

When I heard " Tumlin Dice" for the first time I Thought the STONES-TIME were over. Didnt like that at all. Nevertheless I bought their new Album two weeks later. Not a bad-one----called "Exile on mainstreet"

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: June 19, 2005 19:23

I think "You Can Have the Money, Pal" would be a cool title for an album or at least for a song.

Posted by: drake ()
Date: June 21, 2005 01:03

"No comparison. The lyrics to "Whip" are superb (in fact, the whole "Some girls" album is lyrically the high point of the band's career). I've never heard worse lyrics on a Stones song than "Oh no, not you again" - good tune, though."

I mentioned nothing about the lyrics. What would be the point of comparing lyrics? Every song has different words, its the tune that counts. Satisfaction could have been named "Girl Reaction", who gives a shit. I do agree that its a good tune.

I'd agree about Highwire, just because of the pauses in the song. The Stones know very well the art of when NOT to play, and it works. You Got Me Rocking, I could see the comparison. Still think the whole thing as a unit sounds like Whip, atleast live Whip, maybe not off Some Girls. First time I ever heard Whip was on Sucking In The 70s on 8track. Was blown away. Had never heard the studio version. Love the unedited version of Handsome Girls.

Drake

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 21, 2005 03:13

Does anyone know where to download the rehearsal for OHNNYA?

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: June 21, 2005 03:54

I like ONNYA. It rocked at the PC. Let's hope they don;t screw it up with over production and tinny guitars. Someone said earlier that it's better than Don;t Stop...AMEN to that! It's better than any of the "new" songs on Licks. My wife thinks I keep singing it just to piss her off.

If only she knew smiling smiley

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 21, 2005 05:06

KeithRichards Wrote:
> He compared the new album to Exile quite often in
> various interviews - but IMO he was more talking
> about the way it was recorded than about the songs
> on it!

They have been in France and LA for both albums.

- Koen.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1814
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home