Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Essential Stones
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: September 26, 2014 19:51

Disregarding the length ie an actual album release, be it one, two, three or four discs (vinyl or obviously for more content, CD) - I know with iTunes or whatever it could contain as many songs as thought necessary - what would be their essential tracks in terms of what caught the public's ear (the hit singles and odd LP track like Gimme Shelter, SFTD, Midnight Rambler and Under My Thumb just for four easy examples) and the artistic ground covered by the Stones?

Certainly there is argument based on what someone deems good, inventive and or creative. And obviously whatever trendy tracks (Miss You, Saint Of Me...).

A smash over the head compilation would be a one disc album, 12-18 songs, however it would work out, to sum up the entire thing (the ultimate HOT ROCKS/REWIND kind of thing) from 1963 to 2012, if one thinks that way, but to keep it interesting to not have all of the obvious hits.

I offer this as a thought because post-REWIND it seems a bit... weak. FORTY LICKS disc 2 was considerably weak. GRRR could've been better regarding song selection for the latter half of their discography and without a doubt the album cover and name of the album. At least in terms of what they chose to put on a hits album ie they went with what singles they released (for the most part) and ignored other tracks that in some cases were better (even on FORTY LICKS they did that).

Chronologically, or eras, or random selection/track listing (putting Doo Doo Doo Doo after Brown Sugar, and then She's So Cold followed by Jigsaw Puzzle, for example).

One thing I've always wondered, how come there's not an official Stones Keith compilation? Seems obvious to me.

Re: Essential Stones
Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: September 26, 2014 20:18

I love to see a KEITH only album...With
a few unreleased tracks included.

Posted by: georgelicks ()
Date: September 26, 2014 20:21

There is not a single cheap compilation, they never had one and that hurts potential sales, Hot Rocks is a good one but all the 70's and 80's singles are missing, Jump Back, Rewind are incomplete while 40 Licks (now out of print) and GRRR are very expensive and too long.
A good one for todays digital market could be:

Satisfaction
Get Off Of My Cloud
Paint It Black
Under My Thumb
Let's Spend The Night Together
Ruby Tuesday
She's a Rainbow
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man
Sympathy For The Devil
Honky Tonk Women
Gimme Shelter
YCAGWYW
Brown Sugar
Wild Horses
Tumbling Dice
Angie
IORR
Miss You
Start Me Up

That's it, 80 minutes, well priced it would sell steady for years to come.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: September 26, 2014 20:23

I like it.. But to give Keith a nod I replace
T.D. for HAPPY!!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 26, 2014 20:51

georgelicks
There is not a single cheap compilation, they never had one and that hurts potential sales, Hot Rocks is a good one but all the 70's and 80's singles are missing, Jump Back, Rewind are incomplete while 40 Licks (now out of print) and GRRR are very expensive and too long.

Satisfaction
Get Off Of My Cloud
Paint It Black
Under My Thumb
Ruby Tuesday
She's a Rainbow
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man
Sympathy For The Devil
Honky Tonk Women
Gimme Shelter
YCAGWYW
Brown Sugar
Wild Horses
Tumbling Dice
Angie
IORR
Miss You
Start Me Up

I couldn't help but notice all but 5 songs are ABKCO. All but 2 songs from their first 10 years.

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: September 26, 2014 21:05

Mick Taylor !

Date: September 26, 2014 22:08

For a one disc hits comp it would need to be a bit more career covering, with some of the not so great later hits simply to round it out strictly due to it being career covering, say along the likes of:

Satisfaction
Get Off Of My Cloud
Paint It Black
Under My Thumb
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man
Honky Tonk Women
Gimme Shelter
Brown Sugar
Tumbling Dice
Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker)
IORR
Miss You
Start Me Up
UOTN
Mixed Emotions
Love Is Strong
Saint Of Me
Rough Justice
Doom And Gloom

Date: September 26, 2014 22:13

GasLightStreet
For a one disc hits comp it would need to be a bit more career covering, with some of the not so great later hits simply to round it out strictly due to it being career covering, say along the likes of:

Satisfaction
Get Off Of My Cloud
Paint It Black
Under My Thumb
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man
Honky Tonk Women
Gimme Shelter
Brown Sugar
Tumbling Dice
IORR
Miss You
Start Me Up
UOTN
Mixed Emotions
Love Is Strong
Saint Of Me
Rough Justice
Doom And Gloom

I like where you're going but you can't possibly leave off SFTD and YCAGWYW, and Doo Doo instead of Angie? For a 'sampler' you can't leave off one of their all time biggest singles.

I think this proves that you need at least 2 discs to do this properly.

Date: September 26, 2014 22:19

treaclefingers
GasLightStreet

Satisfaction
Get Off Of My Cloud
Paint It Black
Under My Thumb
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man
Honky Tonk Women
Gimme Shelter
Brown Sugar
Tumbling Dice
IORR
Miss You
Start Me Up
UOTN
Mixed Emotions
Love Is Strong
Saint Of Me
Rough Justice
Doom And Gloom

I like where you're going but you can't possibly leave off SFTD and YCAGWYW, and Doo Doo instead of Angie? For a 'sampler' you can't leave off one of their all time biggest singles.

Oh yes I can. Dammit. I just did it. 77 minutes long. Those three songs are just... they slow everything down. And two of them are way too long. I fall asleep just typing their initials.

That's why it needs to encompass MORE of what they've done than just those silly songs. And with a one disc hits comp, well, I'm sorry. But sacrifices must be made.

For a 2 or 3 or 4 disc set covering way more material, sure, they can be on. Although I'd still leave Angie off. But for the greater good of getting the post-1981, eh, versions of the band, well...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-26 22:27 by GasLightStreet.

Date: September 26, 2014 22:29

GasLightStreet
treaclefingers
GasLightStreet

Satisfaction
Get Off Of My Cloud
Paint It Black
Under My Thumb
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man
Honky Tonk Women
Gimme Shelter
Brown Sugar
Tumbling Dice
IORR
Miss You
Start Me Up
UOTN
Mixed Emotions
Love Is Strong
Saint Of Me
Rough Justice
Doom And Gloom

Oh yes I can. Dammit. I just did it. Those three songs are just... they slow everything down. And two of them are way too long. I fall asleep just typing their initials.

That's why it needs to encompass MORE of what they've done than just those silly songs. And with a one disc hits comp, well, I'm sorry. But sacrifices must be made.

For a 2 or 3 or 4 disc set covering way more material, sure, they can be on. Although I'd still leave Angie off. But for the greater good of getting the post-1981, eh, versions of the band, well...

if the album were called "SkipSTONES Faves" I might be able to cut you some slack but if we're trying to document as many stones 'classics' and at the same time cover most of their career I don't think you can leave off Angie which I think was their 4th biggest selling single ever much as it's not a fave.

Maybe 2 CD's...Fast Songs on one, Slow Songs on another, a la Tattoo You?

Posted by: MILKYWAY ()
Date: September 26, 2014 22:45

Buy the albums Beggars Banquet through GHS and you'll be okay.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 26, 2014 23:26

It's pretty fahionable to do both budget compilations and vinyl reissues these days, so why not make a 10-song compilation, available for 5$ and 7$ for the vinyl:

Side 1:

Satisfaction
Paint It Black
Jumping Jack Flash
Sympathy For The Devil
You Can't Always Get What You Want (single version)

Side 2:

Honky Tonk Women
Brown Sugar
Angie
Miss You
Start Me Up

The songs everyone know...

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: September 26, 2014 23:31

A single CD just isn't enough to contain the Stones' essential tunes. They've been around since the days of the British Invasion and are still producing new material, however sporadically.

If this were a serious project I'd probably make it a two-disc set, include all their singles, and add about the same number of deep tracks that hard core fans love. That would satisfy the people who just want a Stones record that has the songs they know, while doing justice to the band's history.

Including all the singles would also be a reasonable way to ensure a fair sampling from outside their golden era (however one might choose to define that) without having to go overboard.

Date: September 27, 2014 01:44

blivet
A single CD just isn't enough to contain the Stones' essential tunes. They've been around since the days of the British Invasion and are still producing new material, however sporadically.

If this were a serious project I'd probably make it a two-disc set, include all their singles, and add about the same number of deep tracks that hard core fans love. That would satisfy the people who just want a Stones record that has the songs they know, while doing justice to the band's history.

Including all the singles would also be a reasonable way to ensure a fair sampling from outside their golden era (however one might choose to define that) without having to go overboard.

I think the 2 cd version of GRRR! (yes there is a slimmed down version - 40 tracks I think?) might already fit what you're describing.

Posted by: blivet ()
Date: September 27, 2014 03:54

treaclefingers

I think the 2 cd version of GRRR! (yes there is a slimmed down version - 40 tracks I think?) might already fit what you're describing.

I never looked closely at GRRR! because I'm pretty sure I've already got everything on it. I had a look and realized that even if you just stuck to the singles 2 CDs wouldn't be nearly enough.

I'm surprised to see that "Hot Stuff" is not included on even the maxi 80-song version of GRRR! It was a single, and I thought it was the first one from Black and Blue.

Date: September 27, 2014 06:02

blivet
treaclefingers

I never looked closely at GRRR! because I'm pretty sure I've already got everything on it. I had a look and realized that even if you just stuck to the singles 2 CDs wouldn't be nearly enough.

I'm surprised to see that "Hot Stuff" is not included on even the maxi 80-song version of GRRR! It was a single, and I thought it was the first one from Black and Blue.

I kind of get the feeling that's why we're all here on IORR.

Posted by: GJV ()
Date: September 27, 2014 15:44

Something like this:

The Last time
Satisfaction
Paint it black
Get off of my cloud!
Under my thumb
Let's spend the night together
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Street fighting Men
Honky Tonk Women
Sympathy for the devil
you can't Always get..
Gimme Shelter
Brown Sugar
Angie
Miss you
Start me up!
Undercover of the Night
Like a Rolling Stone

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-27 15:47 by GJV.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 27, 2014 20:43

The stones are a band you have to find your own way of discovering. That being said, as a starting off point, you can't go wrong with Hot Rocks.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 27, 2014 20:49

To me, being born 8 years after Hot Rocks was released, it's nothing more than just another compilation. It is great of course, but they made A LOT of great music after 1971 as well.
The best carrer-spanning overview is GRRR! My opinion of course.

Date: September 27, 2014 20:58

I guess my idea was to not only have the HOT ROCKS tracks but also Fingerprint File, Memory Motel, Slave, CYHMKnocking... definitive songs that define those inventive and more musician type songs. That's why it would take up to 4 or 5 or even 6 discs to really nail it down. A true career retrospective. Just buy the albums. OK. What if someone doesn't want to and wants the best and the most interesting tracks from each album on a comp?

Because are all the hits on a super condensed album necessary? There are a lot that could be left out with tracks like Fingerprint File, Down In A Hole, Turd On The Run, Winter, Jigsaw Puzzle etc in their place. OTHER songs. Angie may have been #1 blah blah blah but there are incredibly better songs. I could see a very short must have's list being Brown Sugar, JJF, Gimme Shelter, Tumbling Dice, Miss You (or preferably Beast Of Burden) and Start Me Up (yawn) so to have room for "deep album cuts" or whatever term means "obscure" these days.

Date: September 27, 2014 21:01

Blueranger
To me, being born 8 years after Hot Rocks was released, it's nothing more than just another compilation. It is great of course, but they made A LOT of great music after 1971 as well.
The best carrer-spanning overview is GRRR! My opinion of course.

It's OK. It would be better automatically, ha ha, if it didn't have that ridiculously stupid name and that ridiculously horrible cover. Some of the song content could be improved on but that's always the case.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: September 27, 2014 21:40

I think the track "Let It Bleed" is essential stones, that should be on there.

Date: September 28, 2014 16:30

GasLightStreet
I guess my idea was to not only have the HOT ROCKS tracks but also Fingerprint File, Memory Motel, Slave, CYHMKnocking... definitive songs that define those inventive and more musician type songs. That's why it would take up to 4 or 5 or even 6 discs to really nail it down. A true career retrospective. Just buy the albums. OK. What if someone doesn't want to and wants the best and the most interesting tracks from each album on a comp?

You can achieve that now by just cherry picking and downloading from ITunes or Amazon. I think that's the only way because while I agree with you on the tracks you identified, you could easily come up with another 20-30 different deep cuts that could take their place. No way to satisfy everyone with that type of release I'm afraid, particularly if there is a 'do-it-yourself' alternative.

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 29, 2014 00:33

So not to complicate this issue...2,591 Stones songs on my ipod...just hit shuffle and I'm good to go for the next 8 1/2 days.

Date: September 29, 2014 02:05

shadooby
So not to complicate this issue...2,591 Stones songs on my ipod...just hit shuffle and I'm good to go for the next 8 1/2 days.

HA HA! That's crazy.

I did a Windows Media Player... box set - 7 discs worth (all within 75-79 minutes) that has the hits as well as the 'deep cuts' and it's interesting. I thought the one that includes EXILE songs I would be a bit conservative with but when I considered the songs, well, EXILE tracks took up most of the album.

Date: September 29, 2014 05:27

shadooby

I guess there are a lot of bootlegs on your ipod, Stones only recorded 439 songs at least according to this!:

[www.answers.com]

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: September 29, 2014 09:35

hot stuff
I love to see a KEITH only album...With
a few unreleased tracks included.

Brilliant! Me too smiling smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 29, 2014 09:48

Some five years ago I made a project which I think is pretty close GasLightStreet is here asking for. The discussion is here: [www.iorr.org]

Anyway, let me copypaste the result here:

THE BRIAN JONES ERA (1963-68)

1. Come On (Berry)
(UK single #21, 1963)
2. I Wanna Be Your Man (Lennon-McCartney)
(UK single #12, 1963)
3. Not Fade Away
(Single: UK #3, France #1, 1964)
4. Tell Me (You’re Coming Back) (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, US #24, Holland #11, UK THE ROLLING STONES LP, 1964)
5. It’s All Over Now (Womack)
(UK single #1, 1964)
6. Time Is On My Side (Thomas)
(US single #6, 1964)
7. Little Red Rooster (Dixon)
(UK single #1, 1964)
8. The Last Time (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, UK: #1, US #9, 1965)
9. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, UK&US: #1, 1965)
10. Get Off of My Cloud (Jagger-Richard)
11. As Tears Go By (Jagger-Richard-Oldham)
(Single: US#6, Holland #2, 1965)
12. 19th Nervous Breakdown (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, UK&US #2, Germany #1, 1966)
13. Paint It Black (Jagger-Richard)
(Single UK&US: #1, 1966)
14. Under My Thumb (Jagger-Richard)
(AFTERMATH, 1966)
15. Mother’s Little Helper (Jagger-Richard)
(US single: #8, Canada #5, 1966)
16. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby? (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, UK#5, US#9, Holland #4, 1966)
17. Ruby Tuesday (Jagger-Richard)
(US single: #1, 1967)
18. Let’s Spend the Night Together (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, UK#3, Germany#1, 1967)
19. We Love You (Jagger-Richard)
(single, UK: #8, Canada&Holland#1, 1967)
20. She’s A Rainbow (Jagger-Richard)
(Single: US #25, Canada #1, THEIR SATANIC MAJESTIES, 1967)
21. Jumpin’ Jack Flash (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, UK: #1, US #3, 1968)
22. Street Fighting Man (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, US #48, Switzerland #4, BEGGARS BANQUET, 1968)
23. Sympathy for the Devil (Jagger-Richard)
(BEGGARS BANQUET, 1968)

THE MICK TAYLOR ERA (1969-1974)

1. Honky Tonk Women (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, UK&US:#1, 1969)
2. You Can’t Always Get What You Want
(B-side of single, LET IT BLEED, 1969)
3. Gimme Shelter (Jagger-Richard)
(LET IT BLEED, 1969)
4. Midnight Rambler (Live) (Jagger-Richard)
(GET YER YA-YA’S OUT!, 1970)
5. Brown Sugar (Jagger-Richard)
(Single. US#1, UK#2, STICKY FINGERS, 1971)
6. Can’t You Hear Me Knocking? (Jagger-Richard)
(STICKY FINGERS, 1971)
7. Wild Horses (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, France #9, US #28, STICKY FINGERS, 1971)
8. Tumblin’ Dice (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, UK#5, US#7, EXILE ON MAN STREET, 1972)
9. Rocks Off (Jagger-Richard)
(EXILE ON MAIN STREET, 1972)
10. Happy (Jagger-Richard)
(US single #22, EXILE ON MAIN STREET, 1972)
11. Angie (Jagger-Richard)
(Single: US#1, UK#5, GOAT’S HEAD SOAP, 1973)
12. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker) (Jagger-Richard)
(US single #15, GOAT’S HEAD SOAP, 1973)
13. Star Star (Jagger-Richard)
(GOAT’S HEAD SOAP, 1973)
14. It’s Only Rock’n’Roll (But I Like It) (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, UK#10, US #16, IT’S ONLY ROCK’N’ROLL, 1974)
15. Time Waits For No One (Jagger-Richard)
(IT’S ONLY ROCK’N’ROLL, 1974)

THE RON WOOD ERA (1976-1986)

1. Hot Stuff (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, France: #1, BLACK & BLUE, 1976)
2. Fool to Cry (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, France #2, UK#6, US#10, BLACK&BLUE, 1976)
3. Miss You (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, US#1, UK#3, SOME GIRLS, 1978)
4. Respectable (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Holland #18, UK #23, SOME GIRLS, 1978)
5. Beast of Burden (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, US#8, Canada #4, SOME GIRLS, 1978)
6. Emotional Rescue (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Canada #1, US #3, UK #9, EMOTIONAL RESCUE, 1980)
7. She’s So Cold (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, US, Canada #4, US #26, UK #33, EMOTIONAL RESCUE, 1980)
8. Start Me Up (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Canada &Australia #1, US #2, UK #7, TATTOO YOU, 1981)
9. Hang Fire (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, US #20, TATTOO YOU, 1981)
10. Waitin’ on A Friend (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Canada: #1, US #13, UK #50, TATTOO YOU, 1981)
11. Going to A Go-Go (Live)
(Single, Canada #1, US#25, UK#26, STILL LIFE, 1982)
12. Undercover of the Night (Jagger-Richards)
(Single: Canada #1, US #9, UK #11, UNDERCOVER, 1983)
13. She Was Hot (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Holland #20, US #44, UK#42, UNDERCOVER, 1983)
14. Harlem Shuffle
(Single, New Zealand #1, US #5, UK #13, DIRTY WORK, 1986)
15. One Hit (to the Body) (Jagger-Richards-Wood)
(Single, US #28, UK #80, DIRTY WORK, 1986)

THE VEGAS ERA 1989-2009

1. Mixed Emotions (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Canada #1, US #5, UK #36, STEEL WHEELS, 1989)
2. Rock & A Hard Place (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Japan/Tokyo #7, US #23, UK #63, STEEL WHEELS, 1989)
3. Almost Hear You Sigh (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Poland #5, UK #31, US #50, STEEL WHEELS, 1989)
4. Highwire (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Japan/Tokyo, #2, UK #29, US #57, FLASHPOINT, 1991)
5. Love Is Strong (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Japan/Tokyo & Norway #3, UK #14, US #91, VOODOO LOUNGE, 1994)
6. You Got Me Rocking (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Belgium #22, UK #23, VOODOO LOUNGE, 1994)
7. Out of Tears (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Japan/Tokyo #28, UK #38, US #60, VOODOO LOUNGE, 1994)
8. Like A Rolling Stone (live) (Dylan)
(Single, Sweden #5, UK #12, STRIPPED, 1995)
9. Anybody Seen My Love (Jagger-Richards-Lang)
(Single, Canada & Poland #1, UK #22, BRIDGES TO BABYLON, 1997)
10. Saint of Me (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, UK #26, US #94, BRIDGES TO BABYLON, 1997)
11. Out of Control (Live) (Jagger-Richards)
(NO SECURITY, 1998)
12. Don’t Stop (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Japan/Tokyo #2, UK #36, FORTY LICKS, 2002)
13. Rough Justice (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Japan/Tokyo #3, UK #15, A BIGGER BANG, 2005)
14. Streets of Love (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Spain #1, Canada #10, UK #15, A BIGGER BANG, 2005)
15. Hurricane (Jagger-Richards, 2005)
(a charity single)

Now to think of that, it needs some updating. I would replace "Can't You Hear Me Knocking`" with "Moonlight Mile", "Hang Fire" with "Little T&A", and "Hurricane" with "Doom & Gloom". But, in the end, pretty close to some version of GRRRR..grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-29 09:50 by Doxa.

Date: September 29, 2014 10:20

treaclefingers
georgelicks

Satisfaction
Get Off Of My Cloud
Paint It Black
Under My Thumb
Ruby Tuesday
She's a Rainbow
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Street Fighting Man
Sympathy For The Devil
Honky Tonk Women
Gimme Shelter
YCAGWYW
Brown Sugar
Wild Horses
Tumbling Dice
Angie
IORR
Miss You
Start Me Up

I couldn't help but notice all but 5 songs are ABKCO. All but 2 songs from their first 10 years.

I think Mick would have approved this list smiling smiley

Date: September 29, 2014 10:23

Doxa
Some five years ago I made a project which I think is pretty close GasLightStreet is here asking for. The discussion is here: [www.iorr.org]

Anyway, let me copypaste the result here:

THE BRIAN JONES ERA (1963-68)

1. Come On (Berry)
(UK single #21, 1963)
2. I Wanna Be Your Man (Lennon-McCartney)
(UK single #12, 1963)
3. Not Fade Away
(Single: UK #3, France #1, 1964)
4. Tell Me (You’re Coming Back) (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, US #24, Holland #11, UK THE ROLLING STONES LP, 1964)
5. It’s All Over Now (Womack)
(UK single #1, 1964)
6. Time Is On My Side (Thomas)
(US single #6, 1964)
7. Little Red Rooster (Dixon)
(UK single #1, 1964)
8. The Last Time (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, UK: #1, US #9, 1965)
9. (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (Jagger-Richard)
10. Get Off of My Cloud (Jagger-Richard)
11. As Tears Go By (Jagger-Richard-Oldham)
(Single: US#6, Holland #2, 1965)
12. 19th Nervous Breakdown (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, UK&US #2, Germany #1, 1966)
13. Paint It Black (Jagger-Richard)
(Single UK&US: #1, 1966)
14. Under My Thumb (Jagger-Richard)
(AFTERMATH, 1966)
15. Mother’s Little Helper (Jagger-Richard)
(US single: #8, Canada #5, 1966)
16. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby? (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, UK#5, US#9, Holland #4, 1966)
17. Ruby Tuesday (Jagger-Richard)
(US single: #1, 1967)
18. Let’s Spend the Night Together (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, UK#3, Germany#1, 1967)
19. We Love You (Jagger-Richard)
(single, UK: #8, Canada&Holland#1, 1967)
20. She’s A Rainbow (Jagger-Richard)
(Single: US #25, Canada #1, THEIR SATANIC MAJESTIES, 1967)
21. Jumpin’ Jack Flash (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, UK: #1, US #3, 1968)
22. Street Fighting Man (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, US #48, Switzerland #4, BEGGARS BANQUET, 1968)
23. Sympathy for the Devil (Jagger-Richard)
(BEGGARS BANQUET, 1968)

THE MICK TAYLOR ERA (1969-1974)

1. Honky Tonk Women (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, UK&US:#1, 1969)
2. You Can’t Always Get What You Want
(B-side of single, LET IT BLEED, 1969)
3. Gimme Shelter (Jagger-Richard)
(LET IT BLEED, 1969)
4. Midnight Rambler (Live) (Jagger-Richard)
(GET YER YA-YA’S OUT!, 1970)
5. Brown Sugar (Jagger-Richard)
(Single. US#1, UK#2, STICKY FINGERS, 1971)
6. Can’t You Hear Me Knocking? (Jagger-Richard)
(STICKY FINGERS, 1971)
7. Wild Horses (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, France #9, US #28, STICKY FINGERS, 1971)
8. Tumblin’ Dice (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, UK#5, US#7, EXILE ON MAN STREET, 1972)
9. Rocks Off (Jagger-Richard)
(EXILE ON MAIN STREET, 1972)
10. Happy (Jagger-Richard)
(US single #22, EXILE ON MAIN STREET, 1972)
11. Angie (Jagger-Richard)
(Single: US#1, UK#5, GOAT’S HEAD SOAP, 1973)
12. Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo (Heartbreaker) (Jagger-Richard)
(US single #15, GOAT’S HEAD SOAP, 1973)
13. Star Star (Jagger-Richard)
(GOAT’S HEAD SOAP, 1973)
14. It’s Only Rock’n’Roll (But I Like It) (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, UK#10, US #16, IT’S ONLY ROCK’N’ROLL, 1974)
15. Time Waits For No One (Jagger-Richard)
(IT’S ONLY ROCK’N’ROLL, 1974)

THE RON WOOD ERA (1976-1986)

1. Hot Stuff (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, France: #1, BLACK & BLUE, 1976)
2. Fool to Cry (Jagger-Richard)
(Single, France #2, UK#6, US#10, BLACK&BLUE, 1976)
3. Miss You (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, US#1, UK#3, SOME GIRLS, 1978)
4. Respectable (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Holland #18, UK #23, SOME GIRLS, 1978)
5. Beast of Burden (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, US#8, Canada #4, SOME GIRLS, 1978)
6. Emotional Rescue (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Canada #1, US #3, UK #9, EMOTIONAL RESCUE, 1980)
7. She’s So Cold (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, US, Canada #4, US #26, UK #33, EMOTIONAL RESCUE, 1980)
8. Start Me Up (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Canada &Australia #1, US #2, UK #7, TATTOO YOU, 1981)
9. Hang Fire (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, US #20, TATTOO YOU, 1981)
10. Waitin’ on A Friend (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Canada: #1, US #13, UK #50, TATTOO YOU, 1981)
11. Going to A Go-Go (Live)
(Single, Canada #1, US#25, UK#26, STILL LIFE, 1982)
12. Undercover of the Night (Jagger-Richards)
(Single: Canada #1, US #9, UK #11, UNDERCOVER, 1983)
13. She Was Hot (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Holland #20, US #44, UK#42, UNDERCOVER, 1983)
14. Harlem Shuffle
(Single, New Zealand #1, US #5, UK #13, DIRTY WORK, 1986)
15. One Hit (to the Body) (Jagger-Richards-Wood)
(Single, US #28, UK #80, DIRTY WORK, 1986)

THE VEGAS ERA 1989-2009

1. Mixed Emotions (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Canada #1, US #5, UK #36, STEEL WHEELS, 1989)
2. Rock & A Hard Place (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Japan/Tokyo #7, US #23, UK #63, STEEL WHEELS, 1989)
3. Almost Hear You Sigh (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Poland #5, UK #31, US #50, STEEL WHEELS, 1989)
4. Highwire (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Japan/Tokyo, #2, UK #29, US #57, FLASHPOINT, 1991)
5. Love Is Strong (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Japan/Tokyo & Norway #3, UK #14, US #91, VOODOO LOUNGE, 1994)
6. You Got Me Rocking (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Belgium #22, UK #23, VOODOO LOUNGE, 1994)
7. Out of Tears (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Japan/Tokyo #28, UK #38, US #60, VOODOO LOUNGE, 1994)
8. Like A Rolling Stone (live) (Dylan)
(Single, Sweden #5, UK #12, STRIPPED, 1995)
9. Anybody Seen My Love (Jagger-Richards-Lang)
(Single, Canada & Poland #1, UK #22, BRIDGES TO BABYLON, 1997)
10. Saint of Me (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, UK #26, US #94, BRIDGES TO BABYLON, 1997)
11. Out of Control (Live) (Jagger-Richards)
(NO SECURITY, 1998)
12. Don’t Stop (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Japan/Tokyo #2, UK #36, FORTY LICKS, 2002)
13. Rough Justice (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Japan/Tokyo #3, UK #15, A BIGGER BANG, 2005)
14. Streets of Love (Jagger-Richards)
(Single, Spain #1, Canada #10, UK #15, A BIGGER BANG, 2005)
15. Hurricane (Jagger-Richards, 2005)
(a charity single)

Now to think of that, it needs some updating. I would replace "Can't You Hear Me Knocking`" with "Moonlight Mile", "Hang Fire" with "Little T&A", and "Hurricane" with "Doom & Gloom". But, in the end, pretty close to some version of GRRRR..grinning smiley

- Doxa

Why deep cuts from the Taylor era, and not from the Wood era?

Anybody Seen My Love is a real deep cut, I'll give you that grinning smiley

(Happy Birthday >grinning smiley< )

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1762
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home