Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Replacements Show in NYC 9/19, some Keith content
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 23, 2014 22:41

I hope a few people get to see The Replacements" invigorating, amazing show at Forest Hills on Friday. They played all the hits and some deep cuts as well. Paul told a funny antecdote about being backstage at Jimmy Fallon. After The Replacements came off stage, Keith draped his arm around Paul's nexk and said (Paul mimicking Keith) "Aw, ya gave it a shot", as if they's blown it or something (in fact, they played a smoking version of "Alex Chilton").

Anyway, it was worth the 23 year wait to see Paul and Tommy again.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-23 22:45 by 71Tele.

Re: Replacements Show in NYC 9/19, some Keith content
Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: September 24, 2014 07:45

I didn't discover them until Don't Tell A Soul when I was 17 and missed them live at the tail end of their original run. Friday night was the culmination of a 25 year wait - and it exceeded all expectations.

The "Unsatisfied" encore was one of the best live music experiences I've ever had. What a fantastic show.

Re: Replacements Show in NYC 9/19, some Keith content
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 24, 2014 09:06

JuanTCB
I didn't discover them until Don't Tell A Soul when I was 17 and missed them live at the tail end of their original run. Friday night was the culmination of a 25 year wait - and it exceeded all expectations.

The "Unsatisfied" encore was one of the best live music experiences I've ever had. What a fantastic show.

I agree Juan. Found myself getting very emotional. This was great because they've only been playing festivals and they got a chance to stretch a bit. Great setlist, and fantastic performance. Paul Westerberg has done some unique things with open tunings: Chilton, Valentine, Merry Go Round, etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1867
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home