Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Replacements Show in NYC 9/19, some Keith content
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 23, 2014 22:41

I hope a few people get to see The Replacements" invigorating, amazing show at Forest Hills on Friday. They played all the hits and some deep cuts as well. Paul told a funny antecdote about being backstage at Jimmy Fallon. After The Replacements came off stage, Keith draped his arm around Paul's nexk and said (Paul mimicking Keith) "Aw, ya gave it a shot", as if they's blown it or something (in fact, they played a smoking version of "Alex Chilton").

Anyway, it was worth the 23 year wait to see Paul and Tommy again.

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-09-23 22:45 by 71Tele.

Re: Replacements Show in NYC 9/19, some Keith content
Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: September 24, 2014 07:45

I didn't discover them until Don't Tell A Soul when I was 17 and missed them live at the tail end of their original run. Friday night was the culmination of a 25 year wait - and it exceeded all expectations.

The "Unsatisfied" encore was one of the best live music experiences I've ever had. What a fantastic show.

Re: Replacements Show in NYC 9/19, some Keith content
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 24, 2014 09:06

JuanTCB
I didn't discover them until Don't Tell A Soul when I was 17 and missed them live at the tail end of their original run. Friday night was the culmination of a 25 year wait - and it exceeded all expectations.

The "Unsatisfied" encore was one of the best live music experiences I've ever had. What a fantastic show.

I agree Juan. Found myself getting very emotional. This was great because they've only been playing festivals and they got a chance to stretch a bit. Great setlist, and fantastic performance. Paul Westerberg has done some unique things with open tunings: Chilton, Valentine, Merry Go Round, etc.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1802
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home