Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

"Not fade away" was a good opening song
Posted by: Harm ()
Date: June 17, 2005 12:18

I was listening to it this morning and thought that indeed it was a good opener. Mick walking up the stage. Keith following after a while. Harmonica!!!!
Nice memories again. And more to come!!!!!!!!!

Re: "Not fade away" was a good opening song
Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 17, 2005 12:58

Harm i thought this would be a brilliant song to start off, but for me the reality just dident do it for me when i saw them live. but any stones song is great in my book thou.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: June 17, 2005 13:07

Thought it was a great opener! Nice symbolism as well. BTW: all songs with Mick on harp are welcome!

--> E.

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: June 17, 2005 13:21

It was turgid and slow in a tour where they played turgid and slow. Like the dragged and dull opener of HTW on Love You Live.

Posted by: mr edward ()
Date: June 17, 2005 13:27

Still to much time on my hands...

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 17, 2005 15:48

I thought of it as an odd choice........the show really started with the 2nd number - Tumbling Dice. You can hear the crowds really connect when the TD kicks off.

Date: June 17, 2005 16:31

If we get anything near the quality of the VL-tour this time around, we should be extremely satisfied!

IMO, VL is by far the best tour since the "comeback" in 1989. Both in $ and musically (playing quality and setlists).

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 17, 2005 16:51

Totally agree....I thought they rocked! GR's got his head up his arse!

Posted by: T&A ()
Date: June 17, 2005 18:41

I'm with Odean on this way - NFA was a great idea for an opener but it turned out to be a lame-o....guitars were often a mess if even audible. Crowd reaction was typically tepid. Don't expect any such opener again - they'll stick with the warhorses...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 17, 2005 18:57

Harm Wrote:
Mick walking up
> the stage. Keith following after a while.
> Harmonica!!!!

During the very first shows Mick was elevated up and began to sing.

yes, it was a great opener.

Posted by: Shawn20 ()
Date: June 17, 2005 18:58

I was at the Birmingham, AL show.....he was was shot up from under the stage.....that was unique. He seemingly appeared from nowhere. A nice affect I thought.

Posted by: ChelseaDrugstore ()
Date: June 17, 2005 19:23

I agree with GR about 75 though. IMO HTW was the worst opener ever. I really hope they continue the tradition of always using another warhorse that has not had the honor yet. Sympathy looks like a contender. But with the very very little vibe we've heard so far I get the notion that maybe it's similar to the 78 feel. If the album is indeed coming off as fast and staright-up then maybe they'll open with a new one, or some rocker (like Let it Rock was).

Posted by: Stikkyfinger ()
Date: June 17, 2005 19:33

We usually start with this song. It builds up really well and we get the 'gobsmacked'look when we open with it.....

Regards,

Ian.

Rolling Stones Tribute

Play Rolling Stones

Posted by: The GR ()
Date: June 18, 2005 13:50

There was more variety on BtB than VL tours. You had the web choice for a start and at Amsterdam and MSG we got some variety.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1679
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home