Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT ... SRV
Posted by: mskipr ()
Date: August 28, 2014 00:00

just a personal moment of thought for imo a truly wonderful player Stevie Ray Vaughan ... who was taken from us 24 years ago today when the helicopter he was riding in crashed into the side of a hill

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-28 00:01 by mskipr.

Re: OT ... SRV
Date: August 28, 2014 01:56

Can't believe it's been that long already

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: August 28, 2014 02:07

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: August 28, 2014 02:12

Great pic. Love SRV music but never got to see him play. Recall the bad news and, man, can't believe it was so many years.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 28, 2014 02:30

Randy Martin, Stevie Ray Vaughan and Paul Kessler
In back are Bobby Ragan and Oscar Head.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: August 28, 2014 02:54

Glad I got to see him early in his career. Playing to a packed bar on The Landing in St. Louis, MO, line out the door and you could hear him from a block away. He just ripped it up!

Hearing of his death was one of those "remember where you were" moments for me. I was sitting in a resort restaurant on the island of Antigua, my blueberry pancakes has just been served and I saw a tiny headline on the 3rd or 4th page of the paper, "American Blues Guitarist dies"......no appetite after that. RIP. peace

Date: August 28, 2014 02:55

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: August 28, 2014 07:30

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-07-23 02:00 by Plink.

Posted by: andrea66 ()
Date: August 28, 2014 11:42

I miss him a lot. When my friend told me he was dead I was shocked. Saw him twice, had the chance to speak with him 10 minutes out of his hotel in Montecatini , nera Pistoia, for a Big blues festival. He was nice and gentle, seemed surprised and amazed by all he people Who loved him..

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: August 28, 2014 13:16

Naturalust
Playing to a packed bar on The Landing in St. Louis, MO, line out the door and you could hear him from a block away.

Yeah overdoing it was his motto...
Too ad he never learnt the word "restraint" which is so important in the blues idiom. confused smiley

Posted by: TheGreek ()
Date: August 28, 2014 13:35

one of the best ever! his phrasing , his tone and vibrato are unforgetable to me .we miss you big time !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 28, 2014 15:07

One of the nicest and best agents in rock music, Bobby Brooks, also perished in the crash.

Posted by: mskipr ()
Date: August 29, 2014 19:42

I seen a picture or drawing a long time ago ... I can't remember where but it was a while back & it has SRV playing while floating in the skies or heaven with angel wings ... I loved that pix ... would anyone have it and be willing to share on here ... thanks ... much appreciated

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 29, 2014 22:33

First I heard of him was in the early '80s' on KCRW - a Santa Monica College radio station.
It was during the Blues Sunday hour (or something like that),and in the middle of all the standard great blues stuff Pride and Joy kicked in.

Saw him live several times after that...RIP SRV.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: August 30, 2014 09:04

The only show my dad claims he had to leave because he was afraid "the piercing guitar was going to leave me deaf". I believe he saw him in 87 or something, but I could be wrong. He remembers Stevie sitting on the edge of the stage, hanging his legs off, just playing and playing.

A tragic loss. Should have been in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame years ago. God knows what he could have done had he lived.

Date: August 30, 2014 09:46

RollingFreak
The only show my dad claims he had to leave because he was afraid "the piercing guitar was going to leave me deaf". I believe he saw him in 87 or something, but I could be wrong. He remembers Stevie sitting on the edge of the stage, hanging his legs off, just playing and playing.

A tragic loss. Should have been in the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame years ago. God knows what he could have done had he lived.

he should be in the HOF already but i think he has only been elegible for 5 years

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1511
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home