Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Track Talk: Some Girls
Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: September 3, 2015 23:28

Big Al
It's amusing to read the comments of non-Brits grappling with the lyrical-meaning of Jagger's lyrics. Almost makes one proud to be an Englishman winking smiley

Not as proud as it makes us Americans that Jagger captured the spirit of late 70's New York with the entire record. And imitated American blues men for years both lyrically and musically. smoking smiley

Posted by: stanlove ()
Date: September 4, 2015 00:13

Big Al
stanlove
Big Al
Turner68
Great music. But the lyrics... Has Mick dated a black women ever since?

, but the lyric certainly has no truth in it; that's for certain.

How do you know that?

Er, because it stands to reason that it's tongue-in-cheek nonsense, perhaps?

Relationships, past and present, lead me to 'knowing', also.

Then why did Keith say this?

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: September 4, 2015 09:26

stanlove
Big Al
stanlove
Big Al
Turner68
Great music. But the lyrics... Has Mick dated a black women ever since?

, but the lyric certainly has no truth in it; that's for certain.

How do you know that?

Er, because it stands to reason that it's tongue-in-cheek nonsense, perhaps?

Relationships, past and present, lead me to 'knowing', also.

Then why did Keith say this?

Nope, I'm not falling for it, stanlove, sorry.

Posted by: kish_stoned ()
Date: September 4, 2015 12:23

One of the best stones, got everything, disco, country, blues and rockers too, more of jagger album, keith was busy sorting his life out in canada and one of there BEST SELLER TOO, LOVE IT, DELUXE IS BRILLIANT TOO.

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: February 7, 2024 21:16

kowalski
The 6 min. long bootleg version has one more verse :

Gimme all your money, give me all your gold
I don't want your mother, she's too god damn old
Some girls give me children, other girls buy me clothes
Some girls give me children, I never asked them for

Does anyone know if there is lyrics to the unedited 20 minute version?

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: February 7, 2024 21:38

Not PC now but no one cared about that in the 70s - except for Reverend Jesse Jackson. I guess the title Some Girls is a euphemism for groupies.

Posted by: Taylor1 ()
Date: February 7, 2024 22:34

kish_stoned
One of the best stones, got everything, disco, country, blues and rockers too, more of jagger album, keith was busy sorting his life out in canada and one of there BEST SELLER TOO, LOVE IT, DELUXE IS BRILLIANT TOO.
All the songs on side one except Imagination were written by Mick.Side one is like Mick’s first solo album.On side 2 Mick wrote Respectable .He said he wrote all the lyrics on Before they make me run, which seems surprising.Beast of Burden is really the only song that is mostly written by Keith.Shattered is also Mick’s song with a riff by Keith.Some Girls is really Mick’s album like Exile and Let it Bleed are dominated by Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-07 22:53 by Taylor1.

Date: February 8, 2024 10:26

Taylor1
kish_stoned
All the songs on side one except Imagination were written by Mick.Side one is like Mick’s first solo album.On side 2 Mick wrote Respectable .He said he wrote all the lyrics on Before they make me run, which seems surprising.Beast of Burden is really the only song that is mostly written by Keith.Shattered is also Mick’s song with a riff by Keith.Some Girls is really Mick’s album like Exile and Let it Bleed are dominated by Keith

Seems like they are pulling our legs. Not easy to really know who wrote what smiling smiley

Keith's got a strong optimistic streak. His last complete song was Happy. And he wrote nearly all of this one (Before They Make Me Run) except for one or two Oh yeahs in the middle. It's definitely his song.
- Mick Jagger, 1978

I wrote most of Before They Make Me Run, but it was Keith's idea.
- Mick Jagger, 1978

Before They Make Me Run and Beast of Burden were basically collaborations.
- Keith Richards, Life (2010)

From timeisonourside.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-08 10:28 by DandelionPowderman.

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 8, 2024 17:10

Taylor1
All the songs on side one except Imagination were written by Mick.Side one is like Mick’s first solo album.

I don't think at all it works like that. Not at all. From what is available to, starting with tapes of the roughest idea to joint writing sessions to days in the studio to final production sessions, Jagger and Richards really wrote it all together. Every track is at least 80% a joint effort of Mick and Keith, and the remaining 20% originate from either one of them. Sure there are tracks where the input of Richards is very little, more so than little input from Jagger, but overall they really write together.

Mathijs

Date: February 8, 2024 22:35

Mathijs
Taylor1
All the songs on side one except Imagination were written by Mick.Side one is like Mick’s first solo album.

I don't think at all it works like that. Not at all. From what is available to, starting with tapes of the roughest idea to joint writing sessions to days in the studio to final production sessions, Jagger and Richards really wrote it all together. Every track is at least 80% a joint effort of Mick and Keith, and the remaining 20% originate from either one of them. Sure there are tracks where the input of Richards is very little, more so than little input from Jagger, but overall they really write together.

Mathijs
Go read Keith’s quotes on the Time is on Our Side site.He says all those songs are Mick’s songs.By your logic Brian Bill and Mick T.should have gotten songwriters credits by adding a chord or riff to a song

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: February 9, 2024 14:59

Taylor1
Mathijs
Taylor1

Mathijs
Go read Keith’s quotes on the Time is on Our Side site.He says all those songs are Mick’s songs.By your logic Brian Bill and Mick T.should have gotten songwriters credits by adding a chord or riff to a song

You really don't understand how it works, do you?

Mathijs

Posted by: GetYerAngie ()
Date: February 9, 2024 18:14

GetYerAngie
kowalski
The 6 min. long bootleg version has one more verse :

Gimme all your money, give me all your gold
I don't want your mother, she's too god damn old
Some girls give me children, other girls buy me clothes
Some girls give me children, I never asked them for

Does anyone know if there is lyrics to the unedited 20 minute version?

Are there any bootlegs with the 20 minute version?

Date: February 9, 2024 19:54

'Mick's' and 'Keith's' songs mean the songs they brought to the sessions, not that they wrote them alone.

Date: February 9, 2024 23:15

Mathijs
Taylor1
Mathijs
Taylor1

Mathijs

You really don't understand how it works, do you?(Mathijs quote). I I know that for example Keith had nothing to do with writing Brown Sugar, Salt of the Earth, Winter , You Can’t Always Get What You Want , Dead Flowers,etc.And Mick had nothing to do with writing Happy, The Worst, and others.My question to you is should Mick Taylor have gotten writer’s credit just for adding some chord or riff to a song like Moonlight Mile? Because on a lot of Jagger-Richards songs that is what Keith added.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-10 14:52 by Taylor1.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2015
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home