Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: Pink Floyd
Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: June 13, 2005 23:24

J-J-Flash Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>with the exception of the Wall,
> Gilmour wrote just as many of the songs as Roger
> Waters..

Yes JJFlash, I should have been more specific.
Let me clarify by saying that Roger Waters is the chief LYRICIST for all of the albums and songs that really matter after Syd left. Lyrics from Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, Animals, and especially the WALL, are mostly all from the brains of Roger Waters. I love Gilmour and his guitar playing, but he himself has freely admitted that he is shit at writing lyrics.

And I am indeed a Pink Floyd fan, but not a maniacal statistician like the ones who know every bit of trivia from the band. Besides, they haven't done anything thats worthy of mentioning since the early 1980's...right about the time that Roger Waters left the band.

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: June 13, 2005 23:51

Hey there...I moved here after college too. UCSB...gooo Gauchos!

Posted by: neptune ()
Date: June 14, 2005 00:21

The ONLY way I could get interested in a Pink Floyd reunion tour is if they bring back Syd Barett!

Date: June 14, 2005 00:46

Really? I mean that would be terrible...the man is out of his mind. Why in hell would you want to see that?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 14, 2005 00:51

What if ol´ Syd just goes up in the mornin, brushes his teeth (w/out jumpin up & dawn totally bald & fat as the fellow-Floyds descriped in in the documentary about Shine on... ), goes to work, like we all do... ? The man is object for the most speculative myhtologization in rock history.
Honestly, I also believe his cuckoo. But if he´s not...

Date: June 14, 2005 01:55

no...he is...there is no question about it. he lives at his mother's house & is out of his mind. D.G. talked about visiting him maybe 10-15 years ago & how it was just worthless. The man is nuts.

I'm not though...send me money.

Posted by: Havo ()
Date: June 14, 2005 02:01

P.F.sucks since 1976

Date: June 14, 2005 02:12

lol...many say the Stones have since 78'...i'm not one of them.

Date: June 14, 2005 10:46

Who wrote "Sheep". That must be one of the heaviest songs PF ever put out! Great song - hard rocking, almost heavy metal...

Posted by: sherer ()
Date: June 14, 2005 11:32

like most of the lyrics post Syd it was written by Roger with the music by the rest of the band.. mainly Dave and Roger though

Syd isn't nuts he probably as Ash Burgen's disease ( if i can spell that).. he leads a fairly normal life and lives on his own.. he does painting and even wrote a book on the history of art.. he's slightly eccentric compaired to you and me but the main point is he is happy and if he is left alone he will remain that way

fraid to say it but a main comming back and singing about gnomes just won't work anymore

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: June 15, 2005 01:39

This is just too good to be true--however, I've noticed that Roger Waters' voice has deepened over the years, as is noticeable on his "In the Flesh" live CD.

This would be the song to start with, wouldn't it? "In The Flesh", that is. Don't forget that Bob Geldof sang this in "The Wall" movie--now how mind-blowing would it be for Geldof to do this very song as the first with the reunited Floyd?

"So ya
Thought ya
Might like to
Go to the show.
To feel that warm thrill of confusion,
That space cadet glow..."

Date: June 15, 2005 02:51

Which one is actually named Pink Floyd?

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 15, 2005 02:54

Havo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> P.F.sucks since 1976

Right on! I´m with you, Havo.
Punk rock killed Floyd.
(But it strengthened the Stones!)

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: June 15, 2005 09:17

sdstonesguy wrote:
> Which one is actually named Pink Floyd?

The man in the middle.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 15, 2005 09:45

Pink floyd are named after two albums that Syd Barrett had in his record collection by Georgia bluesmen Pink Anderson and Floyd Council.

ROCKMAN

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 15, 2005 10:02

I have to just comment that i saw pink floyd sometime in the eighties and i must admit they was quite boring visual wise, musically brilliant for a live concert.

Also heard on a interview this morning that they will be doing four tracks for the concert.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1580
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home