Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Bill German
Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: August 15, 2014 22:54

DandelionPowderman
But it's not about opnions, Dreamer, it's about the choice of words, and how far one chooses to go. I'm okay with your opinion about KR.

My opinions are created with my choice of words.
Boy...
Oh never mind smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley How many smiles do you need? Take them all they're yours!

Date: August 15, 2014 22:57

Lovely! A smile prolongs your life smiling smiley

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: August 15, 2014 23:40

Dreamer
mr_dja
So the group think is now coming to the conclusion that KR is a bad person for leaving BG out of his autobiography...

A couple of questions...

Did RW meantion BG in his autobiography?
Did BW meantion BG in any of his books?
How much did KR talk about Jane Rose in his autobiography?
Am I the only one that thinks this is much ado about nothing?
Am I the only one that thinks this is just another opportunity for IORRians to bash KR? Good thing y'all are fans, I'd hate to see the way you'd treat him if you didn't like the Stones.

Note: To Bill German if you happen to see this (I've heard he lurks around here from time to time) I LOVED YOUR BOOK! Hopefully I'll get to attend one of your lectures some day.

Peace,
Mr DJA

The group? Who or what's that??
(I'm alone here man. And why would I need peace??)

For who are your questions? In case it's ok for me to answer: bs. Comparing apples with the RS. So I'm sorry old chap: I'm just giving my opinion about this one.

More peace to you and I hope you can have it!

I probably should have researched "group think" a bit more closely before referencing it in my post. Apparently it's spelled as one word (or hyphenated). It's a psychological term...

The following is taken from the wikipedia page regarding it (and, yes, I know that wikipedia isn't always the most reliable soure but it's convenient for me):

Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative viewpoints, by actively suppressing dissenting viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences.

The questions (although somwhat sarcastic) were for anyone to answer, including you. Why would I possibly exclude you when you're one of the more active participants in this thread? Not sure which one you were trying to answer though... I never meantioned apples or the RS.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: August 15, 2014 23:55

mr_dja
Dreamer
mr_dja
So the group think is now coming to the conclusion that KR is a bad person for leaving BG out of his autobiography...

A couple of questions...

Did RW meantion BG in his autobiography?
Did BW meantion BG in any of his books?
How much did KR talk about Jane Rose in his autobiography?
Am I the only one that thinks this is much ado about nothing?
Am I the only one that thinks this is just another opportunity for IORRians to bash KR? Good thing y'all are fans, I'd hate to see the way you'd treat him if you didn't like the Stones.

Note: To Bill German if you happen to see this (I've heard he lurks around here from time to time) I LOVED YOUR BOOK! Hopefully I'll get to attend one of your lectures some day.

Peace,
Mr DJA

The group? Who or what's that??
(I'm alone here man. And why would I need peace??)

For who are your questions? In case it's ok for me to answer: bs. Comparing apples with the RS. So I'm sorry old chap: I'm just giving my opinion about this one.

More peace to you and I hope you can have it!

I probably should have researched "group think" a bit more closely before referencing it in my post. Apparently it's spelled as one word (or hyphenated). It's a psychological term...

The following is taken from the wikipedia page regarding it (and, yes, I know that wikipedia isn't always the most reliable soure but it's convenient for me):

Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people, in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Group members try to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation of alternative viewpoints, by actively suppressing dissenting viewpoints, and by isolating themselves from outside influences.

The questions (although somwhat sarcastic) were for anyone to answer, including you. Why would I possibly exclude you when you're one of the more active participants in this thread? Not sure which one you were trying to answer though... I never meantioned apples or the RS.

Like I said: bs.

love - love - love
Mr Dreamer

Date: August 16, 2014 09:58

Come on! You're two great posters (Oops! Did I say that, Dreamer?) who really shouldn't diss eachother's posts.

Make real love and peace, and let's get with it. We need the both of you in tip top shape, as the forum gradually is becoming a war zone again.

Let's hope Bill German at least makes the movie...

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: August 17, 2014 21:07

Come on, it's not rocket science. A top celebrity gave an average fan extraordinary access to his personal and professional life for a long time, and this fan subsequently wrote a candid memoir that showed the celebrity in a less than flattering way.

How would you feel if it were you?

Date: August 17, 2014 21:50

Bliss
Come on, it's not rocket science. A top celebrity gave an average fan extraordinary access to his personal and professional life for a long time, and this fan subsequently wrote a candid memoir that showed the celebrity in a less than flattering way.

Keith didn't come out bad or something. If he felt he did I'm ok with that but... this "top celebrity" happens to be this down to earth guy who's always so relaxed and friendly and reasonable and kind and witty and warm and...

Date: August 17, 2014 22:18

...this "top celebrity" happens to be this down to earth guy who's always so relaxed and friendly and reasonable and kind and witty and warm and...asks a besotted, deluded fan to be his drug mule in Japan and risk a heavy prison sentence on his behalf.

Date: August 17, 2014 22:44

Bliss
...this "top celebrity" happens to be this down to earth guy who's always so relaxed and friendly and reasonable and kind and witty and warm and...asks a besotted, deluded fan to be his drug mule in Japan and risk a heavy prison sentence on his behalf.

Do you maybe misunderstand me or do I misunderstand you?
I just don't think one can blame BG anything on things like this. He just left school while KR saw the world sixteen times already...

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: August 17, 2014 23:38

Dreamer
I just don't think one can blame BG anything

Then who does ?

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: August 18, 2014 00:52

There are a number of people who were close to and good to Keith, Les Perrin and Jo Bergman among them, but that doesn't mean that Keith didn't appreciate them.

When a publisher pays millions for a book involving a rock star, they want dirt
that will help sell that book big time. They don't care about "behind the scenes" people.

I expect that if Keith and Bill German ran into each other today, Keith would be friendly. Bill learned some good lessons along the way. And he was a true friend.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: August 18, 2014 01:19

Why would anyone expect hanging out with famous people should somehow afford them a different life somehow? Your special because you happen to know those living a special sort of life? Your a fan lucky enough to get closer to your hero's than most but so what? That doesn't make you a celeb and the hero's you chose to connect yourself to don't really owe you anything.

Posted by: KatieGirl ()
Date: August 18, 2014 01:28

I loved Bill German's book and didn't think Keith came off too badly in it at all. Possibly I'm missing something. And why exactly would Keith mention Bill German in his autobiography? The Rolling Stones were a bigger deal to Bill German than Bill German was to the Rolling Stones.

Date: August 18, 2014 11:01

Dreamer
Bliss

Do you maybe misunderstand me or do I misunderstand you?
I just don't think one can blame BG anything on things like this. He just left school while KR saw the world sixteen times already...

Let me spell it out - a "friend" who asks me to risk a long prison sentence by receiving drugs for them in JAPAN is not a friend I would care to have.

Date: August 18, 2014 11:54

Bliss

Wasn't it Mick that came out in a not so flattering way?

I haven't read "Under Their Thumb" yet, but that's the impression I got from people who've read it..

Date: August 18, 2014 12:17

DandelionPowderman
Bliss

I haven't read "Under Their Thumb" yet, but that's the impression I got from people who've read it..

Mick wasn't very friendly. Unlike Keith, he has never presented himself as warm or accessible or anything other than very private.

Date: August 18, 2014 12:57

Bliss
DandelionPowderman
Bliss

Mick wasn't very friendly. Unlike Keith, he has never presented himself as warm or accessible or anything other than very private.

He took him into his house, gave him hour-long interviews and called him privately...

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: August 18, 2014 13:00

I think we are in danger of romaticising things here. Bill German to keith was pretty much inconsequential, a guy who hung around and was in awe of them. To Keith, a heroin addict and poly drug user he was useful as a mule and general person to have around when needed. Nothing more nothing less.

I would estimate there were many people like German over the years, Bill was smart enough to use his experiences to write a book and fair play to him, he deserves the rewards of this. I enjoyed the book and thought he wrote an honest account of his experiences, although I'm sure there is lots he left out as too 'sensitive' to risk publishing.

Date: August 18, 2014 13:06

DandelionPowderman
Bliss
DandelionPowderman
Bliss

He took him into his house, gave him hour-long interviews and called him privately...

I'd forgotten that, Mr Powderman. But it's fair to say that they were not friends. The contact had a purpose. Keith and Ronnie were a lot warmer and more inclusive to Bill.

>>To Keith, a heroin addict and poly drug user he was useful as a mule and general person to have around when needed. Nothing more nothing less.

That's right. That's what anyone could expect.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-18 13:12 by Bliss.

Date: August 18, 2014 13:21

Bliss
DandelionPowderman
Bliss
DandelionPowderman
Bliss

I'd forgotten that, Mr Powderman. But it's fair to say that they were not friends. The contact had a purpose. Keith and Ronnie were a lot warmer and more inclusive to Bill.

>>To Keith, a heroin addict and poly drug user he was useful as a mule and general person to have around when needed. Nothing more nothing less.

That's right. That's what anyone could expect.

Absolutely, I agree. But Keith and Ronnie (and their friends) were partying hard - that was their life. And who isn't open, friendly, talking BS or is promising stuff while under the influence smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-08-18 13:22 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 945
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home