Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

13th of june 2003 STONES in Oberhausen
Posted by: Havo ()
Date: June 12, 2005 18:01

Its already two years ago now. I took the train to the "PARK" there. Bought 1 hour before AC/DC entered the stage a ticket for 25 Euros. really enjoined the first 2 or3 Songs of AC/DC----but 85 minutes just was too much. THE ROLLING STONES did a great job.a great concert but what a bad Place for a Rock-concert.

Anybody of you were in oberhausen 2003?

Re: 13th of june 2003 STONES in Oberhausen
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 12, 2005 18:06

Yes, AC/DC ruined my ears, the Stones sound just sucked (they used half the volume).

AC/DC were great, but they sounded exactly like 2 years earlier in Hamburg in their own show.

Here my review from 2003:

Fire the soundcrew:
Too Tough´s Oberhausen review
Just back from Oberhausen. We arrived there too late for the Cranberries. But we noticed they got friendly applause for their set.
AC/DC was next. I saw them in 2001 and knew what was going to come. Older Stones fans around me were sceptical first but went nuts later! The sound was perfect: crispy, loud, distorted. Right in your face, no compromise. It was the longest and best set I ever saw by an opener. They used the small stage, were loud, used their guns incl. pyro, and played 1,5 hours! The crowd went nuts all over the place. Best support I´ve ever seen!

I was curious what the Stones would do. Setlist and soundwise.

Sound: The worst, as always in the fields. It´s the 70+. show of this tour. How stupid can the soundcrew be to send Keith and the rest onstage with half of the volume AC/DC used? The guitars weren´t distorted at all, Charlies bassdrum nearly sounded like his snare and toms, and the worst thing: the first 30 minutes I could easily understand what my friend was saying. IT WASN`T LOUD ENOUGH! That is bad because we weren´t in the back of the field, we were standing FRONT OF STAGE. In the end the sound was better, but the guitars still sounded too weak. Even the Telecasters had this soft Höfner sound.

The crowd was enthusiastic, though, so setlistwise it was ok (in the end I got 2 songs I never heard before (Thru and Thru with a fantastic keith, and Rock me baby with the sound brothers Angus and Malcolm). That was pure fun and a really historic moment for me. But again 4 low and soft guitars in the mix (strange hearing Angus play on that one and hear him playing 2 hous earlier).

Ronnie wasn´t in his best form (I was so hot to hear him rock the house like Munich, but he didn´t yesterday).

Blondie played guitar on several songs onstage. What the @#$%&? Let him stand there and shake his maracas. That´s all.

They used a Gimme Shelter instrumental electronic bullshit intro for the walk back to the main. Sounded strange and obsolete. Skip it.

Last field for me ever, have two big shows left (Stade de France and AOL-Arena). But having seen them at Olympiahalle: can´t wait for Bercy and Ahoy! And: Olympia and Vredenburg, of course;-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2134
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home