Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

HBO at MSG???
Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 12, 2005 07:23

Well? This would be perfect to do again. What cha think?

Re: HBO at MSG???
Posted by: salar ()
Date: June 12, 2005 15:08

Hi,
this would be cool of course...
They will make at least one TV Live show, as they did it in the last 5 tours.
Atlantic City 89
Miami 94
St.Louis 97
MSG 2002

But most of them were at the end of the US leg..mostly in late November, early Dezember...so don`t count, they will broadcast the garden show, which is in September..maybe they show it if they come back to MSG in Januar 06..

See you on the tour.
salar

Date: June 12, 2005 21:47

Salar: Ya, Mustang Harry's...Um Long Island Ice Tea?

Posted by: john r ()
Date: June 12, 2005 22:30

I sure hope so - I'm glad I have the whole 1/03 show on video (having attended the other msg show) as well as the 4 Flicks version...And those memories of live broadcasts shows I didnt attend are precious,-- the terrific MTV Live at the 10 Spot, the Atlantic City 12/89 w/ Axl Rose & Izzy Stradlin (ah the memory of Keith gesturing for Axl - in the midst of a Jesus Christ pose after his duet on Salt of the Earth - to get the f*** off the stage, plus Clapton, and that killer Boogie Chillun w/ John Lee Hooker (r.i.p.) who was as always gleefully oblivious to any band he's playing with, following his own internal rhythms, the Stones more than keeping pace...the '94 show (?) w/ Bo Diddley (grunge heaven), & the '97 (or '98?) show w/ Dave Matthews (eh) & Joshua Redman...Was Robert Cray at the '94 show w/ Bo, doing Stop Breaking Down? Usually these live tv events have something special - guests, songs not usually performed...Too bad I let some of these home vids deteriorate & get dusty...Naturally, the officially released versions of these '89 - '03 shows are invariably edited (with new or lesser known tracks deleted, and Keith's 2 reduced to 1, in favor of Satisfation, BS, JJF, etc) - as in the case of the 1990 '3-D glasses' version of 12/89's 'Terrifying', the '91 'At The Max' film, the VL video, the B2B dvd, & of course the individual 4Flix shows....In the past 15 years seeing the Stones live 2, 3 times per tour has been greatly enhanced with these PPV/HBO/MTV etc specials, where you have the excitement of it being live & the up-close aspect, & of course an artifact for closer scrutiny/mo' pleasure...

Date: June 12, 2005 22:36

When Mick swings his shirt during You got me Rockin is worth watching countless times. He makes it a natural too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1494
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home