Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Why I hate love
Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 11, 2005 15:44

Wednesday morning after a Tuesday of romantic love.....I gave her a ride to the bus station at 3:00 in the morning...I also gave her two telephone cards...of an accumaltion of 2 hours...I have not heard from her since....

Although she is from Peru and "wants to make it in so called America", I feel that a simple phone call would have sufficed. I'm tired of S. American women not appreciating the genuine love. Is this a matter of trust? I think not...Yeah making love is great ...I want the truth .... on the table... just simple courtesy at best

I never thought in my life that I would be used for love ...Shit that crap is suppose to happen to 20 year olds...

Another thing ...Miami has not seen the sun in 14 days ...that's all I really need

Re: Why I hate love
Posted by: KeithRichards ()
Date: June 11, 2005 16:17

I gave her laughter, she wanted diamonds
I was romantic, she treated my cruelly
Where is the mercy, where is the love?

- Mick Jagger, Hard Woman

I hope you will be able to get over it soon smiling smiley
And I hope you'll soon have sun - that helps!
Listen to "Start Me Up" for a start - that usually puts me in a very good mood!

Posted by: Cafaro ()
Date: June 11, 2005 16:22

Good luck. Look out your window right now, and I bet you'll find at least one girl that will go out with you.

I've always found the best way to get over a woman is to get with another woman......of course, I'm on my 4th marriage so may be that isn't good advice.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 11, 2005 16:35

You have to work at it, stay with it
Pay for it, bust your ass
Lie for it, cheat for it
Forget about your past
Why so divine, the pain of love

ROCKMAN

Posted by: The Stones ()
Date: June 11, 2005 17:06

She has only been away for a few days so I wouldn't draw any conclusions from the fact that she hasn't called you yet. She might call you later today or tomorrow. As Bono sings "She moves in mysterious ways". Telephone card? Here in Sweden most people have cell phones so we don't really use those cards too often. I suggest that you buy her a mobile phone so you can reach her whenever you want and then you'd know what she's up to. Hope she'll get in touch with you soon Chris.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 11, 2005 17:14

This is an ole favourite when ma hearts been buckled.

Tom Verlaine - O Foolish Heart

Watching the curtains tremble,
Time trickling away,
On a bright and freezing afternoon.
I remember oh so well
The sweetness in your voice,
When you said I belong to you,
Honey I do.

You know I gotta say to myself,
"O foolish heart, silly thing,
You hear any old tune and you sing,
You sing..."

Seasons pass...
It's so quiet, I hear the raindrops
Splashing on the leaves
Somehow it brings your face to mine.
And the tapping of a branch
On my window pane,
Somehow it's ravaging my sense of time,
My sense of time...

I gotta say to myself,
You sing..."
I say to myself,
"O foolish heart, crazy thing,
You sing..."

My foolish heart

You know I tell myself,
You sing..."
I say to myself,
"O foolish heart, crazy thing,
You sing..."

ROCKMAN

Posted by: marianna ()
Date: June 11, 2005 20:45

Is she a citizen? Maybe she's just looking for a green card, and wasn't worth your time, anyways.

Why South American women? Aren't American women okay? I see men that only go for women of certain nationalities (and there are some women like that, too, in terms of men). Usually the best chance you have is someone who shares your background. Well, maybe you are South American, but if you're not, it's something to consider.

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 11, 2005 20:59

" sually the best chance you have is someone who shares your background." (marianna above)... I wish I´d say this is wrong; but I have to admit my own experience is the same... There have been statistical investigations on the matter (please dont ask where and when and the number of questioneers etc) : about 90% of a population found their partners from the same municipality and some 50% from the very same street... ? Although this numbers are maybe at least 15 years old I think it still gives an indication.

My wife comes from a place 50 km from my home, and thats far (& fair) enough for me (tried other nationalities).

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 11, 2005 21:40

Hey Chris: She may be sorting out where you fit in her life. Here is what was told to me years ago....long distance relationships do not last. I tried to buck for years and it is true.

Marianna mentioned similar backgrounds. That is the key to a long term relationship. It depends upon what you want. Short or long term.

Bro mentioned the stats above. I'll bet they are still current.

I think it is cool you mention this cause for me it's been going on for years.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: June 11, 2005 22:34

So far, I have to agree with Shattered about long distance relationships: I had the very same experience, and I've been feeling like the main character of "Love In Vain"... :-(

"got to be worked on
don't have no bark nor bite..."

Date: June 11, 2005 23:11

This is how the whole ordeal began.....Unlike popular belief, S. American women are discreet and very private in nature ....It nearly took me monthes to even get a kiss.. Yet, the S. Amercan or Hispanic( not including latin because they are different) are loving,,,however ..they are not forthcoming say as English women,,, \

Despite these facts ...we move on ..and i will be at American Airline Arena for the Stones Oct 17 ...unlike the Miami Heat

Date: June 11, 2005 23:12

This is how the whole ordeal began.....Unlike popular belief, S. American women are discreet and very private in nature ....It nearly took me monthes to even get a kiss.. Yet, the S. Amercan or Hispanic( not including latin because they are different) are loving,,,however ..they are not forthcoming say as English women,,, \

Despite these facts ...we move on ..and i will be at American Airline Arena for the Stones Oct 17 ...unlike the Miami Heat

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 12, 2005 07:21

Chris: You will hear from her. Give her time.

Posted by: Rank Outsider ()
Date: June 12, 2005 09:52

This subject makes me think of "Love To Hate You" with Erasure. Catchy tune and a nice video where one of them dudes are kinda taking off at the end. Andy Bell was pretty cool in those days.

Posted by: bassplayer617 ()
Date: June 13, 2005 01:42

OMG--this reminds me of one of my low points, but don't let me take away any of you grief by sharing it-- well, sh*t, why not?

In 1992 my band played a showcase gig at an outdoor show--the girl I had been dating (and was madly in love with), was supposed to be there. I had planned on proposing to her from right there, on stage-- I thought it would be a magical moment.

Well, she didn't show--the whole gig was miserable for me, and I later found out that she had spent the day (and night) with ANOTHER GUY! I was 35 years old, and I was a heartbroken teenager for several weeks after that (until I met someone else who eased my pain).

Don't give up, Chris--within two years I met a wonderful woman whom I've been married to for the last 11 years, and we have a beautiful daughter.

These things happen for a reason--don't dwell on it, just move on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-13 01:46 by bassplayer617.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 13, 2005 01:50

Been there myself Chris and many a Stones song covers this situation. Hang in there and keep busy!

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: June 13, 2005 03:24

Women, you can't live with them... (i'm sure i forgot something here :-))

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: sdstonesguy ()
Date: June 13, 2005 04:47

Sorry to hear that.

On a brighter note...my g/f (who is from Buenos Aires) and I are madly in love & things could not be better. We just moved in together & are certain to be married by the end of the year. Even better, she told me that although she will be sad, etc., that I should go out & catch all the Stones gigs I can...what a woman.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 13, 2005 15:35

Time is on your side.

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: June 13, 2005 15:46

My advice is onanism. You know it makes sense.

Oily.

Posted by: ablett ()
Date: June 13, 2005 16:08

"I suggest that you buy her a mobile phone so you can reach her whenever you want and then you'd know what she's up to."....bit bloomin paranoid eh?

"It nearly took me monthes to even get a kiss"....sod that! Dump her ass, get yer glad rags on and get down to the Ol Nelson on saturday night! Plenty of totty and most STD's can be cleared up eventually nowadays....

Posted by: KSIE ()
Date: June 13, 2005 16:24

OILY_DIPSTICK Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My advice is onanism. You know it makes sense.
>

Caesar in his Commentaries, says, "to the lonely it is company; to the forsaken it is a friend; to the aged and impotent it is a benefactor; they that be penniless are yet rich, in that they still have this majestic diversion. There are times when I prefer it to sodomy."

Mark Twain - Some Thoughts on the Science of Onanism speech, 1879

Posted by: OILY_DIPSTICK ()
Date: June 13, 2005 17:04

KSIE,

That's a great quote :-)
I knew I was on the right track. Majestic Diversion ideed!

Oily :-)))

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2829
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home