Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: The Rolling Stones "Thank You" video from Europe 2014
Posted by: mandu ()
Date: July 19, 2014 09:15

Im glad I got to see the Stones in Macau,hope they play Hong Kong again.they really put on a great show.

Feel The Fear
And Do It Anyway

Date: July 19, 2014 11:32

Fantastic video! I really hope the Stones play some outdoor US shows if they decide to come back to the US to tour in 2015. I also agree that having younger fans present, as in Europe, adds to the energy of the show.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 20, 2014 15:20

Great vid! yes it's a bit frantic but I can live with this.

Brstonesfan
the euro crowds gave them new life after the lame US crowds.

lame US crowds whoops! grinning smiley Personnaly I think it's the European GA placement that makes for hotter stronger shows, not the poeple per se.

Imagine a Buenos Aires gig where everyone in the pit would be nicely seated on a chair à la US shows... Naaahh, that'd be an instant vibe killer!

Allocated seating sucks for rock shows.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-20 15:26 by dcba.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 20, 2014 15:33

Deluxtone
But Tel Aviv isn't in Europe -

- just odd - though not culturally odd ....... I suppose ......

I guess they utilised the same principle as the football - Israel play in the Euros - also they participate in the Eurovision song contest, in fact I believe they won that the year before this one........

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: July 20, 2014 15:35

Wild Slivovitz
RollingStonesFan
Isn't it the Out Of Control recording from St. Louis 1997? I'm pretty sure. Can't see any sense in using that one after they played OOC several times during the European leg of 14 on fire.

Sound to me like the recording included in the "No Security" live album (maybe we're talking about the same performance?).

If it is, it's Buenos Aires '98............Keith's comment about "bottling it and selling it" is also circa 19??...

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 20, 2014 16:02

lem motlow
when keith said "this band is picking up steam" it was awe inspiring-
its funny, they've worn out the critics and even some of their own fans.what some see as "winding down" is just them doing work.
is "we'll quit when we drop dead" really that difficult of a statement to understand??
"doin some work, pickin up some steam" love it. i also recently came to suspect some fans of getting actually worn out by the tour xD
Palace Revolution 2000
I guess USA is considered "the" market because one makes the most money. But for a real gas, for as close to a real R&R show as one can get in the cynical '14's, you go to Europe, or So. America.
that's why they go there first, always. fill the attic with cash, then come the victory lap.
Palace Revolution 2000
... the voice-overs of Keith "there really is something in the air; this band is finally getting it together" - but that is what the Stones are now.
yeah, guess if you have explained it as many times as Keef tried to, you're bound to repeat yourself =) talkin about filling the vibe in bottles to sell it
Deluxtone
But Tel Aviv isn't in Europe -
- just odd - though not culturally odd ... I suppose ...
i came to notice a pattern in recent tours where Mick seems to try and visit a new country or at least a special venue on each leg of a tour. that's really difficult since they are touring europe since 1964. so why not tel aviv? IMO it was really cool of them to not bring up some kind of statement there.
dcba
Great vid! yes it's a bit frantic but I can live with this.
Brstonesfan
the euro crowds gave them new life after the lame US crowds.
lame US crowds whoops! Personnaly I think it's the European GA placement that makes for hotter stronger shows, not the poeple per se. Imagine a Buenos Aires gig where everyone in the pit would be nicely seated on a chair à la US shows... Naaahh, that'd be an instant vibe killer!Allocated seating sucks for rock shows.
second your comment about general admission crowds!
a seated pit in buenos aires would cause wild chairthrowin riots. US crowds of course aren't lame per se, but asking 160$omething for the cheapest seat makes for a decently enthusiastic middle-aged crowd. you should've seen the number of kids in the european audiences! my 12year old sis saw them in düsseldorf

edit: it's like Jaggers spirit animal is the bee. he zooms around sucking energy.
i recall leaving each concert of the tour feeling sucked completely dry.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-20 16:06 by Nikkei.

Posted by: ronkeith72 ()
Date: July 21, 2014 22:43

Great Video but would've liked to see Mick Taylor included.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 22, 2014 01:07

ronkeith72

Yeah, well, You Can't Always Get What You Want

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: July 23, 2014 06:37

Rolling Hansie
ronkeith72

Yeah, well, You Can't Always Get What You Want

thumbs up

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 24, 2014 16:12

child-of-the-moon
"they're in their 52nd year now."

they are actually in the 53rd year now!

Igen. Rendnek muszáj lenni.

Your Hungarian is amazing my friend.

Posted by: Loudei ()
Date: August 1, 2014 19:35

why do they put audio from the 97-99 tour?

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2152
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home