Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: The Rolling Stones "Thank You" video from Europe 2014
Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 17, 2014 22:09

very emotional..the euro crowds gave them new life after the lame US crowds.

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: July 17, 2014 22:17

Brstonesfan
very emotional..the euro crowds gave them new life after the lame US crowds.

You clearly were not at Philly 2. Or Newark 1, San Jose, etc...

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 17, 2014 22:23

I attended many shows, including both Newark shows. In general, the demographics for the US shows were older and obviously the pricing had a lot to do with that. In Europe, by playing some festivals, they got a much younger and appreciative audience. I am a citizen of the USA and have attended over 100 shows so I have seen the shift in demographics since 1975. We are the only super group that does not have a real defined fan base. People in the states, imo, go to the shows today because they are events, not necessarily because they are die hard RS fans. Look at the album sales in the US, only 65 million, not even in the top 10!!!

Date: July 17, 2014 22:54

Brstonesfan
I attended many shows, including both Newark shows. In general, the demographics for the US shows were older and obviously the pricing had a lot to do with that. In Europe, by playing some festivals, they got a much younger and appreciative audience. I am a citizen of the USA and have attended over 100 shows so I have seen the shift in demographics since 1975. We are the only super group that does not have a real defined fan base. People in the states, imo, go to the shows today because they are events, not necessarily because they are die hard RS fans. Look at the album sales in the US, only 65 million, not even in the top 10!!!

It seems you see touring as a game vs other bands. Which is fine. RS tours for me, are going to hear/see them play. We are two different type of fans for the same band.

As far as the 50 & Counting... and 14 On Fire (Euro leg) tours, I was at 12 total (6 and 6). I was in great crowds on both tours and some quiet ones. To say one was more lame than the other? Sorry, I have to disagree.

Posted by: laertisflash ()
Date: July 17, 2014 23:56

"In Europe, by playing some festivals, they got a much younger and appreciative audience"

MingSubu, in Europe they got a much younger audience everywhere, not only at Festivals. I think this has partly to do with the venues. Stadiums and huge Parks (like Circo Massimo) do mean younger audiences. I personally hate the clishe that "the Stones should play theatres only", blah, blah, blah. I say, enough with the agoraphobia! This time I only managed Circo Massimo. But... What an unforgetable experience!...

Date: July 18, 2014 00:13

laertisflash
"In Europe, by playing some festivals, they got a much younger and appreciative audience"

MingSubu, in Europe they got a much younger audience everywhere, not only at Festivals. I think this has partly to do with the venues. Stadiums and huge Parks (like Circo Massimo) do mean younger audiences. I personally hate the clishe that "the Stones should play theatres only", blah, blah, blah. I say, enough with the agoraphobia! This time I only managed Circo Massimo. But... What an unforgetable experience!...

This isn't my quote and I didn't say anything about younger crowds and festivals. So I have no clue what you are getting at???

Posted by: Ladykiller ()
Date: July 18, 2014 00:16

Its a great video. Thanx to The Rolling Stones

Which stadium is bigger Paris or Madrid?

Date: July 18, 2014 00:17

Ladykiller
Its a great video. Thanx to The Rolling Stones

Paris

Posted by: kahoosier ()
Date: July 18, 2014 00:43

Well I keep having to delay any retirement plan until they retire. It has now been close to 40 years since my first show and I am hearing "and beyond"; I guess I'll work until I drop. LOL and they'll probably still be doing shows after that, and nothing could make me happier!winking smiley

Posted by: RollingStonesFan ()
Date: July 18, 2014 01:11

Isn't it the Out Of Control recording from St. Louis 1997? I'm pretty sure. Can't see any sense in using that one after they played OOC several times during the European leg of 14 on fire.

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: July 18, 2014 01:51

The Rolling Stones Live give mucho pleasure to millions of people and only they will decide when the party is over. More power to them and al the fans who want to keep rocking and having great times

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 18, 2014 03:24

<<what everyone seems to agree on is that it just might have been the last european tour.>>

Yes, the European dates are part of their 50th anniversary world tour, so it logically follows that if everyone agrees that it might have been the last European tour, it's only because they might be in the midst of making their last world tour. Proceed.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 18, 2014 04:44

stonehearted
<<what everyone seems to agree on is that it just might have been the last european tour.>>

Yes, the European dates are part of their 50th anniversary world tour, so it logically follows that if everyone agrees that it might have been the last European tour, it's only because they might be in the midst of making their last world tour. Proceed.

well, Mick at least seems to be glad that the anniversary-talk
is done with. proceeding: they're in their 52nd year now. and as
far as the sudden optimism on the board goes: "this certainly won't
be the last show. we've always been a playing band. that's
what we do, y'know?" quote Mr Watts from the recent video.
if he of all people concludes a tour like that, i too
would speculate he has already planned beyond the
commitments for australia. then it logically
follows that he was successfully persuaded to
delay his retirement plans yet again!

edit: or simply: hearing Charlie say it is something else than hearing Ronnie say it.
charlie's good tonite

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-18 04:50 by Nikkei.

Posted by: stonehearted ()
Date: July 18, 2014 04:55

<<hearing Charlie say it is something else than hearing Ronnie say it.>>

Yes, I'll give you that, and I hope that it turns out to be true. Perhaps there was something in Charlie's call to "Biww" about "managing it as his age" after all. smileys with beer

Posted by: backtozero ()
Date: July 18, 2014 06:37

amazing tour, amazing band, i doubt it will ever stop

Posted by: Meise ()
Date: July 18, 2014 08:38

Great. Just love it. Hope for a documentary DVD shortly before Christmas ;-)

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: July 18, 2014 09:15

No footage with Mick Taylor, WTF?

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 18, 2014 10:21

"they're in their 52nd year now."

they are actually in the 53rd year now!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-18 10:26 by 1962.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: July 18, 2014 10:24

sorry

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-18 10:25 by 1962.

Posted by: Wild Slivovitz ()
Date: July 18, 2014 13:31

RollingStonesFan
Isn't it the Out Of Control recording from St. Louis 1997? I'm pretty sure. Can't see any sense in using that one after they played OOC several times during the European leg of 14 on fire.

Sound to me like the recording included in the "No Security" live album (maybe we're talking about the same performance?).

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: July 18, 2014 14:10

MingSubu

Ladykiller

Paris

Yes, a little bit.

Capacity Stade de France: 81,338

Capacity Stadium Santiago Bernabéu: 81,044

Date: July 18, 2014 15:20

"they're in their 52nd year now."

they are actually in the 53rd year now!

Igen. Rendnek muszáj lenni.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 18, 2014 22:15

Brings back good memories! It's been a great summer.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 18, 2014 22:42

If this isn´t a success and a reason to continue...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: July 18, 2014 23:52

Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: July 18, 2014 23:57

I truly hope they keep playing for all of us into next year because if you were at any of the shows...How great do they sound? And just looking around and seeing all the smiling faces and joy. Man, I @#$%& love the Stones. Listening to a boot of Dublin Sept 9 2003 with my lady and it's sweet

Posted by: Deluxtone ()
Date: July 19, 2014 00:42

But Tel Aviv isn't in Europe -

- just odd - though not culturally odd ....... I suppose ......

Date: July 19, 2014 00:53

I guess USA is considered "the" market because one makes the most money. But for a real gas, for as close to a real R&R show as one can get in the cynical '14's, you go to Europe, or So. America.
yes, the videos are geting a bit repetitive: the montage of adoring fans, all laughing, crying, running, stadiums filling up, and the voice-overs of Keith "there really is something in the air; this band is finally getting it together" - but that is what the Stones are now. I have finally ccepted that there will really never be another new album. They are a revival.

PS - Playing the 2 videos on RS.com back to back "Streets of Love" and "Out of Control", the two songs sound remarkably similar.

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: July 19, 2014 01:54

great video,great tour and great comments by the greatest rock and roll band in history.

all you suckers hoping to see them fall on their face are gonna be waiting a long time-when keith said "this band is picking up steam" it was awe inspiring-

its funny, they've worn out the critics and even some of their own fans.what some see as "winding down" is just them doing work.

is "we'll quit when we drop dead" really that difficult of a statement to understand??

Posted by: birdie ()
Date: July 19, 2014 02:03

Irix
MingSubu

Ladykiller

Paris

Yes, a little bit.

Capacity Stade de France: 81,338

Capacity Stadium Santiago Bernabéu: 81,044

I believe Madrid is bigger. Approx. 85,000. Paris approx. 81,000.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1904
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home