Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

According to Lin Brehmer, what is the greatest Rolling Stones song ever written?
Posted by: StonesRed ()
Date: June 9, 2005 20:01

Anyone know?

Re: According to Lin Brehmer, what is the greatest Rolling Stones song ever written?
Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 10, 2005 01:02

Who is Lin Brehmer?

Re: According to Lin Brehmer, what is the greatest Rolling Stones song ever written?
Date: June 10, 2005 01:44

A tie between Back to Zero and Had it With You. Losing My Touch is a close third.

:-)

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: June 10, 2005 09:45

ahh, i get it - this is some kind of competition you've entered, right StonesRed?
Gimmie Shelter is the answer to this one; what's the prize? :E

"What do you want - what?!"
- Keith

Date: June 10, 2005 09:58

Moonlight Mile

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 10, 2005 10:05

Still wondering about that Brehmerperson?

Date: June 10, 2005 10:18

Brehmer hosts a radio show in Chicago, Baboon Bro. WXRT is the station, i believe.

- Keith

Posted by: Baboon Bro ()
Date: June 10, 2005 10:22

Thanks Ma´m.
Well, Chicago; then he´s favourite ought to be
either I Want To Be Loved,
Down The Road Apiece or Little Red Rooster...
Oh, sorry, "written"... I´d say Gimme Shelter too.

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: June 10, 2005 10:32

Moonlight Mile?

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-10 10:51 by RankOutsider.

Posted by: Milo Yammbag ()
Date: June 10, 2005 10:43

IMPOSSIBLE to answer. The band cannot be quantified by one song.

Milo, NYC
Straight to meltdown

Date: June 10, 2005 10:51

i agree, Milo, but the question isn't "what is the greatest Stones number" - it's "what has Lin Brehmer (recklessly or not) called the greatest Stones song ever written?" i believe the answer is Gimmie Shelter - and if the contest is in written form, don't forget that it's spelled Gimmie, not Gimme.

- Keith

Posted by: RankOutsider ()
Date: June 10, 2005 11:06

That's not proper English is it? smiling smiley

I ain't stupid, I'm just guitarded.

Date: June 10, 2005 11:20

smile: as has been wisely noted elsewhere, who gives a sh1t about "proper"?
"gimmie" is British spelling, "gimme" is American. the original track is Gimmie Shelter; but later renditions (for example on No Security) are listed as Gimme Shelter, maybe largely because the movie title was spelled in the American way and kind of took over, as American ways often do. :E

meanwhile, on a semi-related note: does anyone happen to know how they managed to get the track list wrong on Let It Bleed? (listing LIB as the first track, i mean ... )

- Keith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-06-10 11:22 by with sssoul.

Date: June 10, 2005 12:16

<does anyone happen to know how they managed to get the track list wrong on Let It Bleed?>

That's deliberate. Country Honk is listed as the last song as well...

Date: June 10, 2005 19:36

cool, DandelionPowederman! is there a story that goes with that?

- Keith

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 11, 2005 21:20

"Live With Me" I listened to it on XRT going south on the Dan Ryan Express.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1583
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home