Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11
Re: Stockholm Sweden 1 July 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 2, 2014 11:57

Milan
MR

Basically, the Stones are recognizing this as the centerpiece of their shows, as it is now clocking in at 15:06!.

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: July 2, 2014 12:19

Milan
MR

Great version! That first solo from Mick Taylor (before the slow part) is incredible, easily one of the best performances I've seen from him on youtube since he got back to playing with the Stones. Too bad he didn't solo much more after that (Ronnie's solo was endearing, perhaps, but Taylor should have taken that one too).

Now I'm REALLY BUMMED I didn't go to the concert myself. I was really close to getting tickets.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: July 2, 2014 12:20

Good show again.
But I feel they play more on automatic pilot than in the middle of the tour. Very professional too. I noticed this in Werchter too.
Setlist didn't change, but I felt the band had more fun in the middle of the tour, like Pinkpop & Paris, two unforgettable shows.

Although there were still signs yesterday the band had a lot of fun. Like Brown Sugar kept on going, Keith playing the Satisfaction riff again after the song was finished.

I think Mick calculated this perfectly. 14 shows, no more.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 2, 2014 12:33

Really great show. I was glad to be indoors, given the inclement weather, but I fortunately didn't experience echo from my rail spot. I think last night's MR may well have eclipsed the one in Shanghai. Mick made so many positive comments about their Swedish experiences and the audience - it seems they like it here! And they certainly seemed to be having a lot of fun, which is always a joy to behold.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: July 2, 2014 12:43

Great show for me too,especially being in Golden Circle for my only time on this tour. I agree that it was more autopilot than previous shows on the tour but they do work very hard indeed, even if most of us would prefer them to mix it up a bit. Still, whatever they play, it`s always a thrill just to see them.

Pleasingly a solid performance from Keith yet again. He looked energised and like he was enjoying himself a lot. My personal highlights were Angie and what I thought was a smoking Midnight Rambler, which seems to get longer with every show...grinning smiley 15 minutes and counting according to Dr Bryant! Keith looked like he wanted to go on for longer.

I initially had front row, but quite far to the side and myself and my newly met gig buddy for the evening, fellow Brit Michael from London vascillated endlessly between staying there and moving closer to the centre, albeit a few rows back. We finally settled for the latter and ended up drifting closer to the stage anyway so it turned out to be the right choice. Having queued since 3 we were probably in the 1st 100 to arrive (Keith side) and with better anticipation could have perhaps got even better spots. Still, never mind, it was very good anyway! We were never going to beat the early entry VIP people, of whom there seemed to be many.

I again met several people I met on previous shows on this tour and a special mention for LatvianinExile, the only person I met at all 3!

Now feeling sad it`s all coming to an end. For me this has been my best ever tour for meeting and hanging out with other fans and repeatedly meeting the same people at different shows around Europe. With 21 Lifetime shows behind me I`m only on the very outer fringes of the die hards and I`ve met a few of them who now recognise me when they see me (often wearing my US flag tongue T shirt, which I HAVE washed between shows...winking smiley ). Gold rings on y'all smileys with beer

For anyone going to Roskilde, have an absolute blast and hope you all get good spots.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 12:59 by grzegorz67.

Posted by: maloup ()
Date: July 2, 2014 12:48

Yeah boring,that is exactly what the Rolling Stones are.But this is nothing
new I think.

Date: July 2, 2014 12:52

maloup
new I think.

Go back to the Malmsteen-board.

Posted by: DrSnuggles ()
Date: July 2, 2014 13:00

DandelionPowderman
maloup
new I think.

Go back to the Malmsteen-board.

thumbs upsmileys with beergrinning smileyhot smiley

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: July 2, 2014 13:30

maloup
new I think.

Yeah ok, and what the hell are you doing here looser?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 13:32 by JumpinJeppeFlash.

Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: July 2, 2014 13:33

keefed
EasterMan
Really good sound this time and Keith was in excellent form.

Quick song per song rewiev:

Jumping Jack Flash 4/5 - Very sharp version, reminded me of the 1999 No Security tour opening in their way of playing it.
It's Only Rock N Roll 1/5 - This song needs to be played faster!!! This is just so boring!
You Got Me Rocking 4/5 - I thought it was great but the crowd was not into it at all.
Tumbling Dice 4/5 - Keith kept ''riding the riff'' for the whole song.
Angie 3/5 Sounded beautiful, but I'm simply somewhat tired of hearing this song.
Doom And Gloom 2/5 - Studio version is good, but this ''new'' song still stinks played live two years after live premiere!
All Down The Line 2/5 - Sounded rusty, too slow and not very tight.
Out Of Control 4/5 - Could be even better if Mick sang the chorus with more grit in his voice and the backing singers shut their mouths.
Honky Tonk Women 4/5 Flawless solo by Keith and overall very powerful sounding redention.
You Got The Silver 3.5/5 - Not as good as it was in 2007 but I still enjoy Ronnie's slide playing alot.
Can't Be Seen 4/5 - Keith did not mess it up this time even though he forgot a few words inte first verse. Great song in any version!
Midnight Rambler 4/5 - Always a great song live these days, unusually sharp soloing by Taylor.
Miss You 2/5 - Both Keith and Ronnie stopped playing at one point and started runing pretty fast.
Gimme Shelter 3/5 - Works just fine, Lisa needs to be omitted from this song and be replaced by Mick Taylor.
Start Me Up 3.5/5 Crowd was really into it. The backing vocals during the chorus is annoying.
Sympathy For The Devil 4/5 Fantastic singing by Mick and a decent solo by Keith. However they need to rework this song live to make it more intersting.
Brown Sugar 4/5 Started of a bit flat (no intro mess up by Keith) but quickly took of and got the crowd going!
You Can't Always Get What Want 3/5 - The choir is unnecessary, a little bit of a ''autopilot'' feel to the performance of this song tonight.
Satisfaction 3/5 - I only like the 1965 and 1997-98 versions of this song, And that's not gonna change! Keith did a terrific solo and later he wanted to restart the song by playing the intro again but Charlie quicly did the final cymbal splash instead. No big loss.

Funny, or sad, that there was not one song classified 5/5. What makes you rate something 5 anyway? Listen to Bon Jovi.
"Choir is unnecessary", "Lisa replaced by Mick T." - OMG.

It's always been said on here that the only people who can really comment are those that were there.

Maybe we should just replace Lisa with Lisa from previous tours who actually sang well on this song and not the second rate Patti LaBelle impersonation we're getting this time around.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: July 2, 2014 13:37

maloup
new I think.

while reading your post makes me so excited. Too bad I went to see them twice on this tour. I thought I had a blast, but you opened my eyes and now I clearly see that I should have rather spend that time on this board, reading your posts and other interesting setlist-moaning contributions from people that maybe have never even seen The Stones.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: July 2, 2014 13:40

Great to hear that everyone enjoyed another great Rolling Stones gig.

Only one to go,and starting to feel a bit sad about the European Tour coming to an end.

Still got Oz and NZ in a few months time and South America 2015.
Lot's to look forward to ,even if it is just on the pc seeing all the videos, pics, reviews etc. coming in.

Gonna make an effort to get to South America though.

As for the few negative posters on this thread. It doesn't look or sound to me that they've seen a single show between them all. winking smiley

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 2, 2014 13:48

crawdaddy
Great to hear that everyone enjoyed another great Rolling Stones gig.

Only one to go,and starting to feel a bit sad about the European Tour coming to an end.

Still got Oz and NZ in a few months time and South America 2015.
Lot's to look forward to ,even if it is just on the pc seeing all the videos, pics, reviews etc. coming in.

Gonna make an effort to get to South America though.

As for the few negative posters on this thread. It doesn't look or sound to me that they've seen a single show between them all. winking smiley

Yes, it's good to hear everyone who was there enjoyed the show. smiling smiley

My computer crashed last night so I'm just catching up on the updates, reports, photos, etc now.

And I also feel a bit sad about the European tour ending. It seems to all be over so soon! But it's good it's not all over yet - and I'm not sure yet but am holding out hope of making one of the Australian shows.

Hoping my computer doesn't crash during Roskilde. It's my birthday, and whilst I can't make the show I'm planning to follow updates (after a few drinks and a meal earlier in the evening). Hope everyone going has a fantastic time.

Date: July 2, 2014 13:53

Yes I went to the Stones for several times since 1973.I spent many days at the
hotels to take pictures and get autographs,but that is all over now,because I
think they are boring

Date: July 2, 2014 13:56

Posted by: no satisfaction ()
Date: July 2, 2014 13:59

claudine
Instagram videos

Midnight rambler
[scontent-a.cdninstagram.com]

Miss you
[scontent-b.cdninstagram.com]

Start me up
[scontent-b.cdninstagram.com]
[scontent-a.cdninstagram.com]

Claudine, the midnight rambler vidéo is backstage...Is it another vidéos from Stockholm like this one...It's great postspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Date: July 2, 2014 13:59

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 2, 2014 14:03

fahthree
keefed
EasterMan

Jumping Jack Flash 4/5 - Very sharp version, reminded me of the 1999 No Security tour opening in their way of playing it.
It's Only Rock N Roll 1/5 - This song needs to be played faster!!! This is just so boring!
You Got Me Rocking 4/5 - I thought it was great but the crowd was not into it at all.
Angie 3/5 Sounded beautiful, but I'm simply somewhat tired of hearing this song.
Doom And Gloom 2/5 - Studio version is good, but this ''new'' song still stinks played live two years after live premiere!
Out Of Control 4/5 - Could be even better if Mick sang the chorus with more grit in his voice and the backing singers shut their mouths.
Honky Tonk Women 4/5 Flawless solo by Keith and overall very powerful sounding redention.
You Got The Silver 3.5/5 - Not as good as it was in 2007 but I still enjoy Ronnie's slide playing alot.
Can't Be Seen 4/5 - Keith did not mess it up this time even though he forgot a few words inte first verse. Great song in any version!
Midnight Rambler 4/5 - Always a great song live these days, unusually sharp soloing by Taylor.
Miss You 2/5 - Both Keith and Ronnie stopped playing at one point and started runing pretty fast.
Gimme Shelter 3/5 - Works just fine, Lisa needs to be omitted from this song and be replaced by Mick Taylor.
Start Me Up 3.5/5 Crowd was really into it. The backing vocals during the chorus is annoying.
Sympathy For The Devil 4/5 Fantastic singing by Mick and a decent solo by Keith. However they need to rework this song live to make it more intersting.
Brown Sugar 4/5 Started of a bit flat (no intro mess up by Keith) but quickly took of and got the crowd going!
You Can't Always Get What Want 3/5 - The choir is unnecessary, a little bit of a ''autopilot'' feel to the performance of this song tonight.
Satisfaction 3/5 - I only like the 1965 and 1997-98 versions of this song, And that's not gonna change! Keith did a terrific solo and later he wanted to restart the song by playing the intro again but Charlie quicly did the final cymbal splash instead. No big loss.

Funny, or sad, that there was not one song classified 5/5. What makes you rate something 5 anyway? Listen to Bon Jovi.

It's always been said on here that the only people who can really comment are those that were there.

Maybe we should just replace Lisa with Lisa from previous tours who actually sang well on this song and not the second rate Patti LaBelle impersonation we're getting this time around.

EasterMan's notes seem quite thoughtful and thorough.
Good on ya for providing us with an afficianado's perspective.

Posted by: DeanGoodman ()
Date: July 2, 2014 14:13

fahthree

EasterMan

You Can't Always Get What Want 3/5 - The choir is unnecessary, a little bit of a ''autopilot'' feel to the performance...

Brilliant! Ray Charles was not a fan of Patti LaBelle either. I watch Mick on the catwalk as Lisa does her banshee wail on "Gimme Shelter" and imagine a look of anguish on his face. She is also very loud and boisterous on YCAGWYW and Satisfaction, and I don't care for her "Whoo!" after the first chorus of "Brown Sugar."

It's a pity she got comfortable with the Stones and didn't leverage her Grammy-winning solo work, or even her recent Oscar-season promotional activities, into developing her own career in the spotlight.

The choir can be hit and miss, and I feel that Lisa thinks she must compete with the pretty young things and their pristine voices.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: July 2, 2014 14:18

It was a Great Show from The Stones yesterday I think! Everything worked perfect and it was a great pleasure listening to M Taylor in Rambler...thumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs upthumbs up 5/5...

When we passed 'Östgötakällaren' on our way to Tele2 Arena we saw a bunch of 'Stones-Vikings' also...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Niek ()
Date: July 2, 2014 14:44

BowieStone
Good show again.
But I feel they play more on automatic pilot tha n in the middle of the tour. Very professional too. I noticed this in Werchter too.
Setlist didn't change, but I felt the band had more fun in the middle of the tour, like Pinkpop & Paris, two unforgettable shows.

Although there were still signs yesterday the band had a lot of fun. Like Brown Sugar kept on going, Keith playing the Satisfaction riff again after the song was finished.

I think Mick calculated this perfectly. 14 shows, no more.

That's exactly what my impression was at Werchter.

Did Mick make any comments on the Monty P video?

(Always took candy from strangers)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 14:45 by Niek.

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: July 2, 2014 14:45

great great Rambler !

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 2, 2014 15:06

Beast
Really great show. I was glad to be indoors, given the inclement weather, but I fortunately didn't experience echo from my rail spot. I think last night's MR may well have eclipsed the one in Shanghai. Mick made so many positive comments about their Swedish experiences and the audience - it seems they like it here! And they certainly seemed to be having a lot of fun, which is always a joy to behold.

Special thanks to you, Beast, for helping me make this show one that will be remembered for a long time.

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: July 2, 2014 15:20

Great, great show from my spot in Golden Circle, Keith's side, just a few rows from the stage. And good sound even if you could hear echoes during calm parts.

All of'em seem to be in good shape. Especially very nice to see Keith in such a fine form. Great guitar work and surprisingly many solos. And he did them quite well! Even if there was a moment (as a I suspect) in Can't Bee Seen where you didn't know if the song were on its way in a strange direction?

Highlights: many but have to mention strong versions of JJF, MR, GS and YCAGWYW.

Disappointment (very personal): I avoided to use my mobile camera, better be there and now and focus on the show.
But when Mick and Keith happened to approach each other from each direction at the bow and an embrace was inevitable, I tried to get my camera up. Without success. Unfortunately the moment was gone in second.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: July 2, 2014 15:25

noughties
The set list! Can you believe it? So lame! What drives these people?
I kinda agree

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 2, 2014 15:25

andrewt
fahthree
keefed
EasterMan

62 for 19 songs = 3,26/5 per song.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: July 2, 2014 15:45

Beast

I agree that the echo on the rail in GC was annoying, it was certainly worse than I experienced before. Otherwise a great show (I thought HTW was really good) but I agree with others that the middle of the tour (Paris, Dusseldorf) had more balls and more interaction.

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: July 2, 2014 15:51

powerage78
andrewt
fahthree
keefed
EasterMan

62 for 19 songs = 3,26/5 per song.

A little stingy maybe? Perhaps. I wasn't there.
Although I reckon if you add .5 per song for the fun of being there at the show and .50 per song for "it's amazing they are still doing it at their age", the show gets an "A".cool smiley

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 2, 2014 16:03

MartinB
Beast

I agree that the echo on the rail in GC was annoying, it was certainly worse than I experienced before. Otherwise a great show (I thought HTW was really good) but I agree with others that the middle of the tour (Paris, Dusseldorf) had more balls and more interaction.

Not sure you saw my reply to a previous comment of yours about that, but having echo on the rail is actually "normal" as it occurs when they turn on the progressively delayed monitors alongside the catwalk when the guitar players use it (or get close to the tip) as they don't have IEMs like Mick or Lisa and would run the risk of no longer being in sync with the band as they walk away. We first heard that at HP1 and were rather confused.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-02 20:51 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: July 2, 2014 16:26

Great pictures. They show a nice piece of history.
Especially love the one from 1995 with Joe Seabrook. He really was a wonderful guy. Still miss his face in the Stones entourage.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 6 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2886
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home