Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11
Re: Stockholm Sweden 1 July 2014 Rolling Stones show live updates
Posted by: Finnstone ()
Date: July 2, 2014 22:43

Was a fantastic show..Midnight Rambler was the big highlight for me - simply awesome. Jagger is just an ageless phenomenon.

Our lucky dip tickets were in a very fancy VIP balcony but at the back of the hall. Although it was far away we were dead centre opposite the stage and the crystal clear big screens made the distance disappear. The camera work and sound were both so good. Even at the back you could need earplugs. Before last night I had wondered if this could be the last time..but after that show I can't see why they can't go on for years to come. Well done Stones & Stones crew..keep on rolling!

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: July 2, 2014 22:44

That's me in the blue Paris event t-shirt! Thanks, harald2002!

Re: All Down The Line - Sweden
Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: July 2, 2014 22:51

dcba
Because Jagger doesn't want people to say "they need Taylor to make this song sound good". That'd be a complete rebuttal of the entire Ron Wood years which is 37 years of the band's life, mind you.

jagger doesn't want this to happen. So MT has and will have a fold-up seat in the band.

it is as simple as this. Nothing more or less.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: July 2, 2014 22:52

latebloomer
Was this one posted yet? Even if it has been, it deserves a repeat. From Keith's facebook page, it's absolutely adorable...

Re keef's guitar : is it the Gibson L1 reissue that was given to him around 94? Iirc he wrote/recorded "The Worst" with this one.

Posted by: harald2002 ()
Date: July 2, 2014 22:52

Topi
That's me in the blue Paris event t-shirt! Thanks, harald2002!

thanx topi- we was sitting in the cap to the airport togehter with lativainexlie

Re: Midnight Rambler 7.1.14
Posted by: two4fun111 ()
Date: July 2, 2014 22:54

bigmac7895
I really liked MJ nudging MT to the front of the stage. At first, I thought the conspiracy theory was MJ didn't want MT on more songs because he takes over on them, but now I think it may be MT is content with his Midnight Rambler and acoustic on Satisfaction. While most of us would love for him to play on more than 2 tracks, it is what it is and after 18 months, we have to move on and accept what we get. Great job on this extended track.

So F'n True!!!

Posted by: rollingon ()
Date: July 2, 2014 23:05

Finnstone
Was a fantastic show..Midnight Rambler was the big highlight for me - simply awesome. Jagger is just an ageless phenomenon.

Our lucky dip tickets were in a very fancy VIP balcony but at the back of the hall. Although it was far away we were dead centre opposite the stage and the crystal clear big screens made the distance disappear. The camera work and sound were both so good. Even at the back you could need earplugs. Before last night I had wondered if this could be the last time..but after that show I can't see why they can't go on for years to come. Well done Stones & Stones crew..keep on rolling!

Jagger was so awesome in Stockholm, he is unreal!!!

And Mick Taylor was awesome in MR.

But the whole show was dynamite!!!

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: July 2, 2014 23:08

I'm still in town. Saw them leaving this afternoon. Big crowd in front of the hotel.Security and hotel personell put up fences left and right to the entrance and police had a hard time to keep the traffic flowing in front of the hotel.
Spent four days in Stockholm and like many others I felt a bit sad after a good show and their final bows. I suddenly realized that after 68 shows in 13 different countries since 1976 this might really have been the very last time that I've seen the band. Anyway, had a great time in this wonderful city but it feels a bit empty in my heart...

Re: Midnight Rambler 7.1.14
Posted by: fahthree ()
Date: July 2, 2014 23:09

two4fun111
bigmac7895
I really liked MJ nudging MT to the front of the stage. At first, I thought the conspiracy theory was MJ didn't want MT on more songs because he takes over on them, but now I think it may be MT is content with his Midnight Rambler and acoustic on Satisfaction. While most of us would love for him to play on more than 2 tracks, it is what it is and after 18 months, we have to move on and accept what we get. Great job on this extended track.

So F'n True!!!

Very true. I'm grateful for the CYHMK in Philly. It's a shame Europe is being robbed of this. I wonder why...

Posted by: Brstonesfan ()
Date: July 2, 2014 23:37

Every show so far has been very good with the one constant being MR as the highlight. I think MJ is completely responsible for MT's lack of being used on other songs and completely disagree that MT is happy about it. He simply has no choice but to go along as it has still been the most exposure he has had since his post Stones days.

Posted by: texas fan ()
Date: July 2, 2014 23:38

dcba
latebloomer
Was this one posted yet? Even if it has been, it deserves a repeat. From Keith's facebook page, it's absolutely adorable...

Re keef's guitar : is it the Gibson L1 reissue that was given to him around 94? Iirc he wrote/recorded "The Worst" with this one.

I'll defer to the guitar experts, but it looks like a Martin headstock, possibly a 00 -- I'm guessing a 00 21. Thoughts?

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: July 2, 2014 23:39

Winning Ugly VXII
flacnvinyl

I hate to say it but I don't think Taylor could've helped this version. It might be the slowest and most uninspired version I have ever seen. I am sure that folks who attended will tell me how wrong I am, and that it was fun in person, but this is the first time I have been genuinely bored by All Down The Line. One of my favorites. Just way too slow here.

I wasn't there but,I have a VERY difficult time believing that this is what it sounded like live in the venue.

Crap recording equipment .... probably a cellular phone. You can't hear anything clearly except for the vocals.

I do believe that with GOOD recordings that you can judge (for the most part) a concert without actually being there. I believe that it is especially true if you have witnessed several recent concerts AND have access to a quality recording.

I don't believe that "jack of all trades / master of none" sweat shop manufactured smart phones paint an accurate picture,however .... especially maybe not in this case.

I am not saying that the performance of "All Down the Line" was good or bad .... just that you can't totally tell for sure from that recorded evidence.

EasterMan
Really good sound this time and Keith was in excellent form.

Quick song per song rewiev:

Jumping Jack Flash 4/5 - Very sharp version, reminded me of the 1999 No Security tour opening in their way of playing it.
It's Only Rock N Roll 1/5 - This song needs to be played faster!!! This is just so boring!
You Got Me Rocking 4/5 - I thought it was great but the crowd was not into it at all.
Tumbling Dice 4/5 - Keith kept ''riding the riff'' for the whole song.
Angie 3/5 Sounded beautiful, but I'm simply somewhat tired of hearing this song.
Doom And Gloom 2/5 - Studio version is good, but this ''new'' song still stinks played live two years after live premiere!
All Down The Line 2/5 - Sounded rusty, too slow and not very tight.
Out Of Control 4/5 - Could be even better if Mick sang the chorus with more grit in his voice and the backing singers shut their mouths.
Honky Tonk Women 4/5 Flawless solo by Keith and overall very powerful sounding redention.
You Got The Silver 3.5/5 - Not as good as it was in 2007 but I still enjoy Ronnie's slide playing alot.
Can't Be Seen 4/5 - Keith did not mess it up this time even though he forgot a few words inte first verse. Great song in any version!
Midnight Rambler 4/5 - Always a great song live these days, unusually sharp soloing by Taylor.
Miss You 2/5 - Both Keith and Ronnie stopped playing at one point and started runing pretty fast.
Gimme Shelter 3/5 - Works just fine, Lisa needs to be omitted from this song and be replaced by Mick Taylor.
Start Me Up 3.5/5 Crowd was really into it. The backing vocals during the chorus is annoying.
Sympathy For The Devil 4/5 Fantastic singing by Mick and a decent solo by Keith. However they need to rework this song live to make it more intersting.
Brown Sugar 4/5 Started of a bit flat (no intro mess up by Keith) but quickly took of and got the crowd going!
You Can't Always Get What Want 3/5 - The choir is unnecessary, a little bit of a ''autopilot'' feel to the performance of this song tonight.
Satisfaction 3/5 - I only like the 1965 and 1997-98 versions of this song, And that's not gonna change! Keith did a terrific solo and later he wanted to restart the song by playing the intro again but Charlie quicly did the final cymbal splash instead. No big loss.

EasterMan was there...

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: TheBlockbuster ()
Date: July 2, 2014 23:54

Listen to what happenes at 3:51, hilarius!

Posted by: latvianinexile ()
Date: July 2, 2014 23:55

Great shots Harald!

Here is one of Charlie in the national colours of Sweden (well, almost)

and another one of lucky Topi, moments before Mick J signed his Still Life CD cover

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: July 3, 2014 00:28

Where had they set up these gates?

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Date: July 3, 2014 00:35

gotdablouse
Where had they set up these gates?

Barriers to the left and right of the hotel entrance.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: July 3, 2014 00:41

Hey, there, Topi, congrats! smiling smiley And great pics, everyone!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: July 3, 2014 00:43

Topi
Jagger signed my Still Life cd cover when they left!

Right afterwards it started to rain like crazy

I just made it to my flight thanks to sharing a cab with latvianinexile

Fantastic, Topi - congrats!!!

I only just made my flight too. I had no choice but to do a dash from the Stones hotel to the airport train in the torrential downpour, only then to arrive at the station to find that all trains had been cancelled due to an accident! So BV's warning about that possibility was 100% correct, even though I'd checked in the morning that they were running OK again. But the train company instead offered taxis to those who already had train tickets, so I was able to jump in a taxi immediately with some other Stones fans in the same predicament and we all made it to the airport just in time.

latvianinexile - you were right about the timing. It really was about one minute after you had to leave sad smiley

Posted by: keefed ()
Date: July 3, 2014 00:45

ronkeith72
Exactly my point, no slight on Woodie, but facts are facts!!!

What facts are facts?
Taylor played originally on Tumbling Dice, and Wood played on Miss You. These are facts.
And so what?
The Rolling Stones are a band, a unit. Have you ever been in a band? They make big money, but they are a working rock'n'roll band. And Mick Taylor is not the member of the band. It was nearly 40 years ago when he left. Bill Wyman left more than 20 years ago. So the guys were so nice to invite Mick taylor to play a few songs together, he accepted it, and he gets spotlight here and there.
I wouldn't say that it was nice how they treated Bill Wyman, althouigh I don't really know the real thing behind his or their behaviour.
Anyway, you guys say, that the Rolling Stones is a nostalgia show. I think that it would be a nostalgia show if Bill and Mick Taylor walks on and offstage, palying in half of the set.
This very 50 years anniversary shows gave us Bill, Mick Taylor,and a lot of other guests, now it was another setup for Europe...
bit I like it!

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: July 3, 2014 00:54

And here is another picture of Topi when he got his autograph. Which one is Topi by the way?

Date: July 3, 2014 00:59

Stoneage
And here is another picture of Topi when he got his autograph. Which one is Topi by the way?

Dark blue cap, blue t-shirt, reaching out.

Date: July 3, 2014 01:00

flacnvinyl

I hate to say it but I don't think Taylor could've helped this version. It might be the slowest and most uninspired version I have ever seen. I am sure that folks who attended will tell me how wrong I am, and that it was fun in person, but this is the first time I have been genuinely bored by All Down The Line. One of my favorites. Just way too slow here.

This one won't tell you that, Drake! I was there and found it to be a bit of a mess. It was the least good version of all the times I've heard it played live. But then even the best versions I've heard have always omitted my favourite riff of all sad smiley

Date: July 3, 2014 01:07

Apparently this guy, Harry Styles, saw the concert in Stockholm and visited Sir Michael at Grand Hotel after the gig. Harry Styles, the new Mick Jagger?
Who knows...

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 3, 2014 01:10

Stoneage
Harry Styles, the new Mick Jagger?

Absolutely not.

Date: July 3, 2014 01:13

gotdablouse
MartinB
Beast
Really great show. I was glad to be indoors, given the inclement weather, but I fortunately didn't experience echo from my rail spot. I think last night's MR may well have eclipsed the one in Shanghai. Mick made so many positive comments about their Swedish experiences and the audience - it seems they like it here! And they certainly seemed to be having a lot of fun, which is always a joy to behold.

I agree that the echo on the rail in GC was annoying, it was certainly worse than I experienced before. Otherwise a great show (I thought HTW was really good) but I agree with others that the middle of the tour (Paris, Dusseldorf) had more balls and more interaction.

Not sure you saw my reply to a previous comment of yours about that, but having echo on the rail is actually "normal" as it occurs when they turn on the progressively delayed monitors alongside the catwalk when the guitar players use it (or get close to the tip) as they don't have IEMs like Mick or Lisa and would run the risk of no longer being in sync with the band as they walk away. We first heard that at HP1 and were rather confused.

Just to clarify - I was not aware of any echo from my spot on the front rail last night. But - much as described by gotdablouse - those of us at the catwalk rail in Berlin did experience a very weird and out-of-sync booming at one point from one of the catwalk speakers, so I can perhaps imagine what those complaining of echo are talking about.

Date: July 3, 2014 01:17

Expressen has a small article about some real Rolling Stones fans. Among others Ove Tingvall and Jan Richards.
[www.expressen.se]

Date: July 3, 2014 01:17

Stoneage
Apparently this guy, Harry Styles, saw the concert in Stockholm and visited Sir Michael at Grand Hotel after the gig. Harry Styles, the new Mick Jagger?
Who knows...

Yes, it's true that he was there. I was on the rail at Keith's side and saw him and his mates being allowed by Mick's bodyguard to come from the Golden Circle into the area in front of the rail a few songs before the encore. They were at the extreme far right of the stage and were sitting on the floor there. Oddly - and as has been pointed out before on this board - he does bear a resemblance to MJ in some photos. Maybe he was getting advice from Mick on how to cope with all those screaming girl fans! But the new MJ - NO way.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-03 01:27 by Beast.

Posted by: EJM ()
Date: July 3, 2014 01:22

Bastion
Stoneage

Absolutely not.
He usually wears a bandanna a la keef

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: July 3, 2014 01:25

EJM
Bastion
Stoneage

Absolutely not.

Likewise, he is not even close to being on the same level as Keith.

Date: July 3, 2014 01:32

Bastion
EJM
Bastion
Stoneage

Absolutely not.

Likewise, he is not even close to being on the same level as Keith.

Who the fu** is Harry Styles??

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011Next
Current Page: 8 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2018
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home