Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
The Greatest Rock N Roll Band IIn The World...
Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: June 19, 2014 03:16

Am I biased? Yes, maybe? How @#$%& fantastic is it to enjoy seeing the Stones play live? If you get the chance don't miss it.
Mick Jagger is performing with great strength & vigour. Superlatives for him run out. Keith, Charlie, Ronnie all smiles and playing wonderfully, if there is a bum note here or there - applaud it! And how refreshing is it to see teenagers and folks in there early twenties so enthuastic and sleeping out the night before to be FOS to see their favourite band?
We all have our favourite songs and critique album tracks and suggest what the Stones should play live...I'd love to hear Fingerprint File whilst Mick Taylor is performing with the Stones (unlikely absolutely I know), Memory Motel, etc.

Keith could play Wanna Hold You or Little T & A as much as I love to hear him do You Got The Silver or Can't Be Seen. If you have been a fan for many years & fortunate enough to see them live you will have heard Can't Be Seen many times on the Urban Jungle tour excetera excetera.

I'm just trying to say raise a glass to the Rolling Stones for their longevity, wonderful showmanship and best of all songs of heart and soul. And to all us fans we are the Salt of the Earth

Re: The Greatest Rock N Roll Band IIn The World...
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 19, 2014 03:49

I would say it shouldn't be too hard to dethrone them at this point, but that just shows how lame the competition is. At this point if the Stones were on one side of the street and Jack White was playing on the other, I'd go to the Jack White concert. But there doesn't seem to be a dynamic, hard charging rock and roll group out there now, mostly just bored looking college guys in flannel shirts without that Cobain junkie cool.

Posted by: hot stuff ()
Date: June 19, 2014 03:52

Real class always last!

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: June 19, 2014 04:07

...The ROLLING STONES!!!

(We are so lucky!)

Date: June 19, 2014 04:12

Crazyhorse
Am I biased? Yes, maybe? How @#$%& fantastic is it to enjoy seeing the Stones play live? If you get the chance don't miss it.
Mick Jagger is performing with great strength & vigour. Superlatives for him run out. Keith, Charlie, Ronnie all smiles and playing wonderfully, if there is a bum note here or there - applaud it! And how refreshing is it to see teenagers and folks in there early twenties so enthuastic and sleeping out the night before to be FOS to see their favourite band?
We all have our favourite songs and critique album tracks and suggest what the Stones should play live...I'd love to hear Fingerprint File whilst Mick Taylor is performing with the Stones (unlikely absolutely I know), Memory Motel, etc.

Keith could play Wanna Hold You or Little T & A as much as I love to hear him do You Got The Silver or Can't Be Seen. If you have been a fan for many years & fortunate enough to see them live you will have heard Can't Be Seen many times on the Urban Jungle tour excetera excetera.

I'm just trying to say raise a glass to the Rolling Stones for their longevity, wonderful showmanship and best of all songs of heart and soul. And to all us fans we are the Salt of the Earth

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!smileys with beer

I feel as though I have experienced the Impossible Dream. I truly did envision all this. The only thing left to complete this miracle is a new studio album and one last tour through the States. Truthfully, if they had exited the stage and called it a career at Glastonbury last summer that would have been enough. Just the frosting on the cake since.

It's Going To Be A Long Summer. It's Going To Be A Hot Summer. It's Going To Be A Stones Summer! Enjoy the sweet summer sun everyone!

Date: June 19, 2014 04:22

Straycat13
...The ROLLING STONES!!!

(We are so lucky!)

smileys with beer

The Greatest Rock 'N Roll Band Of All Time putting on The Greatest Show On Earth! It doesn't get any sweeter than this. They have been bringing me joy for 50 years.

Posted by: ROPS ()
Date: June 19, 2014 04:25

'The Greatest Rock N Roll Band IIn The World'???
From 69 to 73 yeah,nowdays not even in the top ten,at this time just a nostalgia trip.....

"You know who l am, say it"

Date: June 19, 2014 04:28

24FPS
I would say it shouldn't be too hard to dethrone them at this point, but that just shows how lame the competition is. At this point if the Stones were on one side of the street and Jack White was playing on the other, I'd go to the Jack White concert. But there doesn't seem to be a dynamic, hard charging rock and roll group out there now, mostly just bored looking college guys in flannel shirts without that Cobain junkie cool.

But would you spend more time on a Jack White chat forum? Assuming one exists.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 19, 2014 04:53

RoyalPurpleStones
24FPS

It does (they do), and I do. winking smiley

Date: June 19, 2014 05:16

I feel that, after looking at Bruce Springsteen's long career (as of 2014, 41 years since his debut album was released), he seems like America's greatest front-man/Rock band (along with the E Street Band, of course!). I had the opportunity to see the Stones on tour last year for the first time ever, and they made a pretty good job. Only complaint is that Mick sounded like Alvin from the Chipmunks over all of the amps (was the sound guy asleep?)... Other than that, I got to hear my favorites, like Whip, CYHMK, PIB, pretty much all of the songs, and got to hear their rendition of 'Under the Boardwalk' for the first time! Great show!
I saw Bruce about a month ago, it was amazing! I got my ticket scanned right as he and the band got onstage and started playing. From then on, the night felt like it was all a dream.
So I have to say, I prefer Bruce (for the sake of this board) as far as U.S. performers go, and the Stones as far as U.K. performers go.
To each their own, though...

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 19, 2014 05:19

RoyalPurpleStones
Straycat13
...The ROLLING STONES!!!

(We are so lucky!)

smileys with beer

The Greatest Rock 'N Roll Band Of All Time putting on The Greatest Show On Earth! It doesn't get any sweeter than this. They have been bringing me joy for 50 years.
smileys with beer

Posted by: Thrylan ()
Date: June 19, 2014 05:24

Jack White, Jack White, Jack White.......... I like him, he's creative, kind of, and he's pretty ordinary. I don't get all the love here.....I don't think he's our production answer, as was stated in another thread. Befuddling....

Date: June 19, 2014 05:25

Aquamarine
RoyalPurpleStones
24FPS

It does (they do), and I do. winking smiley

I will check it out. He's a good kid. Maybe we can get him to produce the next Stones album?

Date: June 19, 2014 05:27

Really?!?

Date: June 19, 2014 05:33

Thrylan
Jack White, Jack White, Jack White.......... I like him, he's creative, kind of, and he's pretty ordinary. I don't get all the love here.....I don't think he's our production answer, as was stated in another thread. Befuddling....

I don't know. Seems many think he is the answer. I say give the kid a shot.

Date: June 19, 2014 05:37

RoyalPurpleStones
Thrylan

How about Doyle Bramhall II? He would push them, I think Jack would try to remake Exile.

Date: June 19, 2014 06:19

Thrylan
RoyalPurpleStones
Thrylan

How about Doyle Bramhall II? He would push them, I think Jack would try to remake Exile.

How familiar are you with Jack White? He's one of the most explosive performers in rock and roll, ever. And I don't say that about 99% of modern rock and rollers, who are weak sisters compared to rockers of the 50s, 60s, and some 70s. Where would you get the idea Jack would try to remake Exile? I'm sure he would definitely infuse them with some blues, but that's the root of the Stones, rhythm and blues. Jack is one of the few modern day rockers trusted by the older set.

I don't understand where this talk comes from, Tatoo You II, or the sequel to Exile. Those things are way in the rear view mirror. Look to Doom & Gloom. Mick was able to make a relevant record to its time. The lyrics captured the current situation in the world better than modern rock and rollers have. There's plenty of room on a 12 cut album for lots and lots of different styles.

Date: June 19, 2014 06:31

Well......in my opinion he's overrated. Listened to most of his work, and his gimmick wears off. I believe you mentioned earlier that his stock may be as much due to the overall lack of modern credible rockers. Nice guy, fun.....Check out Doyle. Sort of the "Stones" to Jacks "Beatles", if you will.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: June 19, 2014 06:39

RoyalPurpleStones
Crazyhorse

Beautiful! Absolutely beautiful!smileys with beer

I feel as though I have experienced the Impossible Dream. I truly did envision all this. The only thing left to complete this miracle is a new studio album and one last tour through the States. Truthfully, if they had exited the stage and called it a career at Glastonbury last summer that would have been enough. Just the frosting on the cake since.

It's Going To Be A Long Summer. It's Going To Be A Hot Summer. It's Going To Be A Stones Summer! Enjoy the sweet summer sun everyone!
thumbs up

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 19, 2014 06:54

Thrylan
RoyalPurpleStones
Thrylan

All the money in the world can't make Jack White the influential artists he thinks he is. Yes there's been some good low-fi stuff from him but he's done. White has tried to pose with every classic rock star but when he stood beside Jimmy Page and The Edge holding a guitar, well let's just say the emperor is wearing no clothes. Could he produce The Stones? Well not to completely contradict myself, he could do a good job considering his no nonsense limited track approach. Layering has been the death to all their albums since the mid 80's, they are simply not comfortable hearing their own details. Fact is the recording process of The Glimmers suffers because two guys are in charge but they can't get on the same page or make a commitment. Keith and Mick are rarely together in the studio so each song becomes two different versions entirely. The final mix ends up a compromise between the 2 versions. I could do a reasonable job producing them but would likely get fired for singing along too loudly.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-19 07:02 by DoomandGloom.

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: June 19, 2014 06:54

This may sound selfish, but I'm glad to have walked the same Earth as the Stones.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 19, 2014 07:28

DoomandGloom
Thrylan
RoyalPurpleStones
Thrylan

All the money in the world can't make Jack White the influential artists he thinks he is. Yes there's been some good low-fi stuff from him but he's done. White has tried to pose with every classic rock star but when he stood beside Jimmy Page and The Edge holding a guitar, well let's just say the emperor is wearing no clothes. Could he produce The Stones?

He's done, when he blew Bonnaroo apart and his new album (the distinctly not lo-fi one, so uncategorizable it would have to give "ordinary" a bizarre new definition) just debuted at number one?? The show I saw a couple of weeks ago was the most jaw-dropping I've attended for years, and I fully expect the others I'm attending in upcoming weeks to be even better. Each to their own, but he makes me more excited about contemporary music than I can possibly express. I have no interest in him producing the Stones, though, great producer though he is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-19 07:32 by Aquamarine.

Date: June 19, 2014 07:50

DoomandGloom
Thrylan
RoyalPurpleStones
Thrylan

All the money in the world can't make Jack White the influential artists he thinks he is. Yes there's been some good low-fi stuff from him but he's done. White has tried to pose with every classic rock star but when he stood beside Jimmy Page and The Edge holding a guitar, well let's just say the emperor is wearing no clothes.

Ah, different ears. I heard Doyle Bramhall on the 2013 Eric Clapton Guitar DVD things he does every year. After a minute I fast forwarded to the next guitarist. Different ears again. I watched Jack White with Jimmy Page & The Edge and I felt bad for The Edge. I thought he was exposed as a special effects technician, more than a true bad ass guitarist like Page & White.

Different ears are what make some people say 'Keith is On Fire' on this tour, and others say, really? On Fire? Better than ever? Really?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-19 09:03 by 24FPS.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 19, 2014 08:17

Absolutely

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: June 19, 2014 08:25

ROPS
'The Greatest Rock N Roll Band IIn The World'???
From 69 to 73 yeah,nowdays not even in the top ten,at this time just a nostalgia trip.....

thumbs upthumbs upthumbs up

the Stones are BORING.

Boring setlists
Boring performances
They didn't release any good album since Goats Head Soup

They're not creative AT ALL. So why would you call them "The Greatest Rock N Roll Band In The World"?

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: June 19, 2014 08:27

After looking for a bit I doubt there's another chat forum as good or lasting as is IORR for any band or celebrity so what does that say for the Stones.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 19, 2014 11:12

rob51
After looking for a bit I doubt there's another chat forum as good or lasting as is IORR for any band or celebrity so what does that say for the Stones.

Greatness of the band is measured by its fans...? Maybe there is a truth in that...winking smiley

- Doxa

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: June 19, 2014 11:14

Yes!

Posted by: eismann ()
Date: June 19, 2014 11:18

see below

the greatest rock and roll band in the world - definitely

Posted by: RomanCandle ()
Date: June 19, 2014 11:50

eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-19 11:53 by RomanCandle.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1892
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home