Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: OT- It's Rockman's,Gazza's and other IORRian's 10th Anniversary
Posted by: liddas ()
Date: June 12, 2014 12:12

Can't remember exactly when I started reading IORR, but it must have been at the time of the Bridges tour. Can't remember when I first registered either. For sure it was well before the reset.

C

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 12, 2014 15:40

JumpingKentFlash
There was a reset in 2004. Most old-timers have been here longer. I remember having over 10.000 posts before the reset. I think it happened because BV migrated IORR to a new server or something. So it's not quite a 10 year anniversary.

I love how this thread and the above post in particular makes IORR sound like the Gulag.

Date: June 12, 2014 15:50

I think we registered round the same time, liddas. At the time of the B2B release, indeed smileys with beer

Date: June 12, 2014 16:15

DandelionPowderman
I think we registered round the same time, liddas. At the time of the B2B release, indeed smileys with beer

Ages ago!

When was IORR (the web site) first published?

C

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 12, 2014 17:49

Yeah baby, time flies!

More than 10+ for me...not sure if I should be proud or ashamed!

Does anyone else miss the print magazine????
Hint, hint, hint BV!

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 12, 2014 18:20

Seemingly His Majesty is deactivated... sad smiley

- Doxa

Date: June 12, 2014 18:21

What? What did he do?

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 12, 2014 18:26

Doxa
Seemingly His Majesty is deactivated... sad smiley

- Doxa

Stoneburst
What? What did he do?

Happened about the time his "not suitable for work thread" was removed. Unfortunate for the rest of us. I wasn't surprised but will admit to being dissapointed for my own loss.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: June 12, 2014 18:28

He got upset because some people - probably one person - was sending him offensive personal e-mails due his snappets of 'lost Brian Jones recordings', so he took off those and all his posts regarding the issue. Then he explained all that in a thread of its own (now gone) with a rather explicit picture targeted at that/those bastards. I guess that might have been too much for the moderator.

Sad sad sad. This forum is essentially waeker without him. I hope some positive solution emerges.

- Doxa

Date: June 12, 2014 18:32

Doxa
He got upset because some people - probably one person - was sending him offensive personal e-mails due his snappets of 'lost Brian Jones recordings', so he took off those and all his posts regarding the issue. Then he explained all that in a thread of its own (now gone) with a rather explicit picture targeted at that/those bastards. I guess that might have been too much for the moderator.

Sad sad sad. This forum is essentially waeker without him. I hope some positive solution emerges.

- Doxa

We want the head of those/that bastard!

C

Date: June 12, 2014 18:34

Oh, man. He was always one of the best posters on this board and I was glad to see him come back from his first (self-imposed) exile. A lot of good, interesting contributors have left this board, been banned from it or just disappeared generally in the last few months, it's a real shame - particularly when you see how the vacuum they've left is filled by the 'isn't it great the Stones still tour just for us' crowd.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: June 12, 2014 18:37

Doxa

- Doxa

I was about to congratulate the old posters and now I read this, that is so sad. sad smiley

That thread was one of the most exciting threads in months (apart from the concert threads) and now it's gone, as well as His Majesty, one of our best posters here. I hope he'll come back soon and I hope we can know what happened.

Date: June 12, 2014 18:58

Phil knew what would happen when he posted that fisting pic. Sad, Sad, Sad...

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 12, 2014 19:44

Shame about HM!Hope he will return.

Well, may curent profile says 7 years. But my earlier memories here go back to 94/95 and postings/reviews about that tour.Seems there were resets and new registrations along the way.
But I also remember there were other cool Stones places in the 90's like Undercover and SF Journal.

Date: June 12, 2014 20:38

CousinC

Well, may curent profile says 7 years. But my earlier memories here go back to 94/95 and postings/reviews about that tour.Seems there were resets and new registrations along the way.
But I also remember there were other cool Stones places in the 90's like Undercover and SF Journal.

Wasn't the internet launched in 1995?

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 12, 2014 20:50

That is a pity - I will miss HM a lot. Is it my imagination, or is it a lot easier to get banned than it used to be?

Date: June 12, 2014 20:52

Green Lady
That is a pity - I will miss HM a lot. Is it my imagination, or is it a lot easier to get banned than it used to be?

Did you see the pic he posted? smiling smiley

Posted by: CousinC ()
Date: June 12, 2014 21:29

DandelionPowderman
CousinC

Dunno when it was launched. But ca. 95 we had already a Stones community on the net.New and hot.Great times . .

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 12, 2014 21:33

DandelionPowderman
Green Lady

No. Probably just as well. But I wasn't only talking about HM - we all seem to be at the mercy of the Report button now.

Anyway, happy anniversaries to all our oldest inhabitants!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-12 21:35 by Green Lady.

Date: June 12, 2014 21:58

Green Lady
DandelionPowderman
Green Lady

No. Probably just as well. But I wasn't only talking about HM - we all seem to be at the mercy of the Report button now.

Anyway, happy anniversaries to all our oldest inhabitants!

I think that anniversary is due in three years, that will be a 20th smiling smiley

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 12, 2014 23:37

DandelionPowderman

You don't want to imply that it was his fault, or do you?

Posted by: alimente ()
Date: June 12, 2014 23:39

Green Lady

It is not just your imagination, Green Lady. It all looks like a cleaning of the decks.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: June 13, 2014 00:04

DandelionPowderman
CousinC

First widely used browser, after Mosaic, was Netscape, fall of 1994.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: June 13, 2014 00:05

alimente
DandelionPowderman

While I wouldn't want to speak for HM (I do wish I could speak with him!), I wouldn't be surprised if he told me it was actually his intention to "go out in a burst of flame" so to speak. I somehow doubt he was surprised when his account was deactivated.

I WILL be pleasantly surprised if he ever corrects or confirms my above thoughts though as it will mean that he's back and posting with us again. All the best to you HM if you ever happen to read this post. I hate that our last back and forth was more of an argument than a debate/discussion.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Date: June 13, 2014 00:47

mr_dja
alimente
DandelionPowderman

While I wouldn't want to speak for HM (I do wish I could speak with him!), I wouldn't be surprised if he told me it was actually his intention to "go out in a burst of flame" so to speak. I somehow doubt he was surprised when his account was deactivated.

I WILL be pleasantly surprised if he ever corrects or confirms my above thoughts though as it will mean that he's back and posting with us again. All the best to you HM if you ever happen to read this post. I hate that our last back and forth was more of an argument than a debate/discussion.

Peace,
Mr DJA

Perhaps he had his own reasons for wanting to get banned. Who knows. But, again, let's hope we haven't truly seen the last of him.

Posted by: ChrisM ()
Date: June 13, 2014 03:28

Looks like I can count myself in the 10 year group and add a few years before that as well before Bjornulf switched databases and the count reset. I have met some very cool people here and have enjoyed reading their posts. Sorry to hear that Phil got the boot, as some others have. Anyway, I don't post as often as I used to and I'm nowhere near the poster Rockman, Gazza and others are. It's their board, I just post in it...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-13 03:39 by ChrisM.

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 13, 2014 06:37

Stoneburst
Oh, man. He was always one of the best posters on this board and I was glad to see him come back from his first (self-imposed) exile. A lot of good, interesting contributors have left this board, been banned from it or just disappeared generally in the last few months, it's a real shame - particularly when you see how the vacuum they've left is filled by the 'isn't it great the Stones still tour just for us' crowd.

Yeah, those people that are happy the band is still active really suck, don't they? Fancy LIKING this band, yuck.

Anyway, if HM is gone again, I'm really sorry to hear that. :-( I hope he returns. But what I really stopped in to say was "thank you" to all the veteran posters, for all the stories and information you've so generously shared. smiling smiley You are fab.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 13, 2014 09:02

Don't you think BANNED would be a fine title for a novel?

I see one of the best chapters where all of Australia is worried about
Rockman's posts and fears the worst.

Maybe even a chapter featuring Keith on a Rampage invading IORR...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: June 13, 2014 09:24

Time passes slowly up here in the daylight
We stare straight ahead and try so hard to stay right
Like the red rose of summer that blooms in the day
Time passes slowly and fades away.

Bob Dylan

2 1 2 0

Posted by: mariannerl ()
Date: June 14, 2014 08:10

OMG we are 10 years (and more) older...

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2773
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home