Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Voodoo Lounge Setlist
Date: June 11, 2014 17:00

The Voodoo Lounge Tour .... These were the days when they designed their show to be different than the last one. .... In this case a set list designed to be different from the '89 / '90 tour set list.

For example,they didn't really care if the 1994 show in Atlanta was different from the one in Minnesota 1994 or New Jersey 1994. They made the 1994 shows different from the shows on the previous tour. Which,in this case was the Steel Wheels Tour.

Then,in 1997,they came back with a show different from both 1989 AND 1994.

After that,they came back in 1999 with a show different from 1997, 1994, and also different from 1989.

Now,seemingly all of the time,we get :

1) Jumping Jack Flash / Start Me Up
2) You Got Me Rocking
3) It's Only Rock 'n' Roll
4) Tumbling Dice
5) a ballad
6) ONE New Song if we are fortunate
7) WARHORSE Onslaught aside from the Richards section .......

Posted by: bart-man ()
Date: June 11, 2014 17:22

The last shows of this tour (14 on fire) does not show much variety. Only two songs. I'm not complaining but if you look at the Voodoo Lounge tour, you hear five different song each night.

Posted by: stewedandkeefed ()
Date: June 11, 2014 17:50

I was at this show and the other one two days later. First Stones show without Wyman. Counting Crows opened up and the Stones certainly came out with an interesting and diverse set list though I cannot report that their playing was mind-blowing. First Not Fade Away since 1966, new Voodoo Lounge songs, live premiere of Memory Motel, Monkey Man had been played at RPM Club in Toronto but was first time in stadium show, first Hot Stuff since 1976 though Mick seemed to think they had never played it before. One should point out that Hot Stuff took the place of Miss You at this show. There was also the cover version of the soul version of Can't Get Next To You. All in all, a pretty good effort to make sure the band had changed since 1989.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1323
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home