Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Can't You Hear Me Knocking - Europe 2014
Posted by: sister ()
Date: June 10, 2014 06:47

angee
Bjornulf, are you saying they may play this in Berlin?
That would be great.

Would really like to hear it tonight,had the great pleasure to be in Philly 2 last year,where it also was played in a long version,see you in Berlin,Vienna,Rome and Stockholm,
sister

Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: June 10, 2014 07:44

Keith seemed to handle the riff to CYHMK as well as anything he does these days. The 1st version they did in Anaheim was good all around. If he is unable to play it there's no good reason why Ronnie can't. They are limiting Taylor for other reasons, whatever it is, it's all be discussed here to death. As a fan I am trying to focus on the positive things Keith is doing not the problems he may be having. I totally believe there is more groovy stuff in him, somewhere deep down.

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: June 10, 2014 12:02

DandelionPowderman
If you listen to what he plays, it is actually pretty good on CYHMK. But that doesn't quite cut it, when the sound is too clean and gritless.

Keith has been having problems recently with both his technical ability and his guitar sound, which is usually very dry and lifeless. In this case, I guess the two problems are compounding one another, since good tone and good live sound can often improve your playing considerably.

His Majesty
It could easily be played by Ronnie on guitar or even by Daryll on bass instead.

Thing is, even with that part ok, Mick's voice just does not work for that song anymore.

Same with Sway, perforce.

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: June 10, 2014 13:19

Yes, please, this evening at Waldbühne!!!!!!!

Posted by: rbk ()
Date: June 10, 2014 16:56

powerage78
I remember DP saying that Keith had some difficulties to play the main riff during the rehearsals.

My recording of Glastonbury last year Keith definitly had difficulty with CYHMK but when I saw them do it in Chicago it just screamed. He was spot-on.

Posted by: StonesCat ()
Date: June 10, 2014 17:32

rbk
powerage78
I remember DP saying that Keith had some difficulties to play the main riff during the rehearsals.

My recording of Glastonbury last year Keith definitly had difficulty with CYHMK but when I saw them do it in Chicago it just screamed. He was spot-on.

Agreed, the moment in Chi. when he kicked into the intro was the highlight of the show for me, as in Thank God we're getting CYHMK! The vids from that show don't do justice to how loud the guitars sounded in the United Center.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2364
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home