Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Getting ready...just watched CROSSFIRE HURRICANE with my son
Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: June 8, 2014 13:53

Getting ready for Berlin with my 14 year old son,
we just watched CH, and it is indeed a fantastic
storytelling. My son didn´t understand everything of
the mumbling, but the pictures really give a great
impression of what was going on in the 60/70s and
what a great band they are/were.

Now he´s ready!!!

Re: Getting ready...just watched CROSSFIRE HURRICANE with my son
Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: June 8, 2014 16:13

Sounds familiar, TooTough. I watched Crossfire Hurricane last spring with my then 14 year old son before we went to the DC concert. We had a great time together and now he's a big fan. Have a great time and be sure to take a picture of the two of you together. smiling smiley

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: June 8, 2014 17:21

Adorable photo Late Bloomer! Will be long admired in your family archives.

Date: June 8, 2014 18:08

latebloomer...passing it on!
Great shot!

Date: June 8, 2014 18:40

Thanks stonesrule and TooTough, for the kind words. I love that pic because it reminds me of how much fun we had. Between the three concerts I went to last year, I was able to take my whole family, including my two sisters. It's wonderful to be able to pass on your love for the Stones to the next generation. I'm sure you'll make some special memories with your son too TooTough, especially in a beautiful city like Berlin.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: June 8, 2014 18:45

Watched it when it aired with my dad. We loved it even though we pretty much already knew everything. Basically kept saying, as we usually do, when watching stuff about the Stones, "how the hell didn't these guys die?!"

We later went to go see them about 6 months later, after much convincing from me when I finally pulled $90 tickets. It was my second time seeing them and his 4th and they just blew us away. An incredible bonding experience for us and we both agreed it was one of the better concerts we've ever seen. Hope you have a great time with your son! The price for me was made just watching my dad so happy and knowing this wasn't a waste of money, even if they were the cheapies and he kept saying we didn't need to go.

Date: June 8, 2014 18:49

It´s actually his 3rd show...
the 1st Cologne ´99 (in Mummy´s womb),
2007 in Hamburg (age 7, with earplugs) and Berlin now.

But this time it´s the first "real deal".

Date: June 8, 2014 19:59

Sounds like you two are in for a good time!

Date: June 8, 2014 20:07

Haha, I have the same shirt as your son!

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: June 8, 2014 21:03

latebloomer
Sounds familiar, TooTough. I watched Crossfire Hurricane last spring with my then 14 year old son before we went to the DC concert. We had a great time together and now he's a big fan. Have a great time and be sure to take a picture of the two of you together. smiling smiley

That's a nice idea.
And I don't know what you mean with late but it all looks blooming!

Date: June 8, 2014 22:35

Dreamer
latebloomer

That's a nice idea.

Thanks Dreamer, nice of you to say. It's late, as in always late to the party, or in this case, late to the Stones. I loved them in my youth and then got into other music and didn't rediscover the band until a few years ago.
I've always thought it would be fun to have a thread about how members came up with their user name. Some of them are easy to figure out, but some are quite mysterious. For instance, based on your posts, I would never have taken you for the head-in-the-clouds, day-dreamer type. grinning smiley

Date: June 8, 2014 23:07

latebloomer
Dreamer
latebloomer

That's a nice idea.

Thanks Dreamer, nice of you to say. It's late, as in always late to the party, or in this case, late to the Stones. I loved them in my youth and then got into other music and didn't rediscover the band until a few years ago.
I've always thought it would be fun to have a thread about how members came up with their user name. Some of them are easy to figure out, but some are quite mysterious. For instance, based on your posts, I would never have taken you for the head-in-the-clouds, day-dreamer type. grinning smiley

Well thank you latebloomer for your kind reaction. And for your late story.

Hmm you wouldn't would you? Well I guess I'm a complicated kind of guy with lots of contradictions. I like reality as much as making new scenarios. That's because I like to write which is part of my work and I just like it for day-dreaming as well. At the same time I hate it when people change reality (too much smiling smiley ) in their daily life; you have to live your life and take it as it comes...deal with it; winning the lottery or losing your job.
Ok smiling smiley so what kind of type did you think I was?

Date: June 9, 2014 00:03

Ok so what kind of type did you think I was?

You don't want to know, Dreamer. grinning smiley But, it doesn't matter any more, first impressions can be deceiving, and all that...we're good now, I think. smiling smiley

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: June 9, 2014 00:21

latebloomer

Nice to see.thumbs up

Date: June 9, 2014 00:58

latebloomer
Ok so what kind of type did you think I was?

You don't want to know, Dreamer. grinning smiley But, it doesn't matter any more, first impressions can be deceiving, and all that...we're good now, I think. smiling smiley

I never mind knowing. It's a way to get to know more about yourself.

Yeah I knew we were gonna be: had a day-dream about that smoking smiley
I like your honest conclusion!
smiling smiley

Date: June 9, 2014 10:24

thumbs up latebloomer

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: June 9, 2014 18:41

DandelionPowderman
thumbs up latebloomer

I concur

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: June 9, 2014 19:04

treaclefingers
DandelionPowderman
thumbs up latebloomer

I concur

I also. smiling smiley

I'm taking an old schoolfriend to the Berlin show, it will be her first time--not quite the same as sharing with family members, but still feels good to inflict one of my musical passions on someone else!

Date: June 9, 2014 19:56

Thanks, everyone.

Aqua, inflicting your musical passion is exactly right - hopefully your friend will be a convert. Both my daughters went to the 2013 concerts too, but the Stones only took with my son. It's so nice to have someone in the family who will listen to their music with me and also tolerate all my Stones teachings. smiling smiley

RollingFreak, great story about you and your Dad. thumbs up

Stickybanquet, the shirt is actually mine. I bought it at the 2012 Newark show, and it was too big, so I let my son wear it for the concert.

I expect to see pics of all of you after the shows!

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: June 10, 2014 03:38

latebloomer
It's wonderful to be able to pass on your love for the Stones to the next generation.

Indeed! My oldest son is 3. I was playing Shattered on the CD player. He wasn't that interested, but when the "What a mess..." part came, I belted it out and drummed it on my knees good and hard. He says, "do it again!. So of course I do itsmiling smiley Again and again. Now, when there's a mess of toys or whatever around, all I have to do is say, "What a mess!", and he responds, "This town's in tatters.....nails is all the way through the shidoobee part. Good times.

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: June 10, 2014 05:14

latebloomer
Dreamer
latebloomer

That's a nice idea.

We did it a few years ago, latebloomer - maybe it's time it was updated?

[www.iorr.org]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1517
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home