Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Which Stones song(s) do you listen to the most ?
Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: May 31, 2014 12:47

Hi,
Studio and live stuff
studio : Start me up
live : Happy, You can't always get..., Midnight rambler
what about you ?

Re: Which Stones song(s) do you listen to the most ?
Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: May 31, 2014 12:55

love in vain live
tumbling dice studio
stop breaking down

Posted by: matxil ()
Date: May 31, 2014 13:30

The entire Exile on Main Street album, Jumping Jack Flash, Gimme Shelter

Date: May 31, 2014 13:39

for live stuff
Happy : L.A 07/11/1975
You can't always get...: Paris 06/06/1976
Midnight rambler : Buenos Aires 02/16/1995 (I love Keith's guitar sound)

Posted by: RScollector ()
Date: May 31, 2014 14:55

Time waits for no one
Gimme shelter (different versions)

Date: May 31, 2014 15:20

Oddly enough the material I listen to the most is stuff like "Chess sessions". Mostly studio outtakes; like Some Girls Sessions, and the late 60's stuff. Voodoo outtakes.
Official probably Ya-yas, Exile, and the first one.
Live Boots - anything from '71 tour and '78 tour. Oh, and Australia 73

But what I lug around in the car is mainly '72/73 live.

Posted by: Kaisan ()
Date: May 31, 2014 15:20

Studio:
Can't You Hear Me Knocking
Street Fighting Man
All Down The Line
Jumpin' Jack Flash

Live:
You Can't Always Get What You Want
Brown Sugar

These are the songs I listen often according to last.fm - but normally, I hear the albums and not the songs. My most-heared album: Of course Exile On Main Street, followed by Sticky Fingers, Some Girls and Beggars Banquet. But I also listen a lot to Voodoo Lounge, Tattoo You and Bridges To Babylon.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 31, 2014 15:35

I'm more of an album listener too and it depends a lot of my mood. I mostly listen in the car, going to and from work and errands. Often have the same CD on for a week or so, then change to something else. I always love to listen to the big four, but I go back to the Some Girls bonus CD quite often. Spent a lot of time with Brussels Live last month and now it's Tattoo You...Don't want to be your SLAVE!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 31, 2014 16:28

latebloomer
I'm more of an album listener too and it depends a lot of my mood. I mostly listen in the car, going to and from work and errands. Often have the same CD on for a week or so, then change to something else. I always love to listen to the big four, but I go back to the Some Girls bonus CD quite often. Spent a lot of time with Brussels Live last month and now it's Tattoo You...Don't want to be your SLAVE!

It seems to me we live in the same household. How come I've never actually seen you before?

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 31, 2014 16:33

All of Exile.
Midnight Rambler live...
Can't you Hear Me Knocking
Most of Let it Bleed a lot!

Date: May 31, 2014 16:38

treaclefingers
latebloomer

It seems to me we live in the same household. How come I've never actually seen you before?

LOL, it's the daily grind, right? Work, family, home...but, no real complaints. I love my big babies, and there's always the Stones to make it all easier. Have another cuppa coffee on me treacle, and turn up the music LOUD! cool smiley

Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: May 31, 2014 16:45

Torn & Frayed studio-wise.
Tumbling Dice on Rarities live/studio version. I really like that one.

Posted by: gagi ()
Date: May 31, 2014 16:47

Studio: Far Away Eyes
Live: Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out!

------------------------------------------------

Date: May 31, 2014 16:54

latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer

LOL, it's the daily grind, right? Work, family, home...but, no real complaints. I love my big babies, and there's always the Stones to make it all easier. Have another cuppa coffee on me treacle, and turn up the music LOUD! cool smiley

I have a complaint, a first world one. I just made myself an Americano, but I'm out of cream for the coffee, so I'm going commando, black coffee.

It's a bit jarring, but ok.

Posted by: Hanns Rainsch ()
Date: May 31, 2014 17:06

Just checked my iPod:

1. Emotional Rescue
2. Turd On The Run
3. Walk And Don't Look Back (Peter Tosh feat Mick)
4. Under My Thumb (Ya Ya's bonus track)
5. Hide Your Love
6. Gimmie Shelter (O2 Arena 2012 feat Mary J Blidge)
7. Under The Boardwalk
8. I'm Going Down (Metamorphosis)
9. Hurricane (Keith)
10. I Am Waiting
11. Ruby Tuesday
12. Not Fade Away
13. Jumpin' Jack Flash
14. Out Of Time
15. Do You Think I Really Care?
16. Sweet Virginia
17. Miss You (Dance version)
18. Respectable
19. Brown Sugar
20. Brand New Car
21. Emotional Rescue (live Abu Dhabi 2014)
22. Miracle Worker (Superheavy)
23. It's Not Easy
24. Infamy
25. Fool To Cry
26. Hip Shake
27. Backstreet Girl
28. Gimmie Shelter
29. Can't Always Get What You Want (single version)
30. Jumpin' Jack Flash (Shine A Light)
31. I'm Free (Shine A Light)
32. Paint It Black
33. Long Long While
34. Child Of The Moon
35. Far Away Eyes
36. Beast Of Burden
37. Can't You Hear Me Knocking?
38. You Gotta Move
39. Beast Of Burden (Hyde Park 2013)
40. Heaven
41. Pretty Beat Up
42. The Last Time (Staples Center 2013)
43. Lady Jane
44. Thief In The Night
45. Almost Hear You Sigh (Cold Steel Blue)
46. She Said Yeah
47. Dance Part 1
48. Tumbling Dice
49. Torn And Frayed
50. Just Wanna See His Face
51. Monkey Man
52. As Tears Go By (Shine A Light)

52 & Counting smiling smiley

Date: May 31, 2014 17:08

treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer

I have a complaint, a first world one. I just made myself an Americano, but I'm out of cream for the coffee, so I'm going commando, black coffee.

Throw in a small scoop of ice cream, vanilla or chocolate tastes best, or just water it down a little so it's not so strong. I'm not an expert on much of anything, but I do know a whole lot about coffee. First thing I always tell my Doc...I'll do whatever you want, but don't ask me to give up coffee.

Date: May 31, 2014 17:13

latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer
treaclefingers
latebloomer

Throw in a small scoop of ice cream, vanilla or chocolate tastes best, or just water it down a little so it's not so strong. I'm not an expert on much of anything, but I do know a whole lot about coffee. First thing I always tell my Doc...I'll do whatever you want, but don't ask me to give up coffee.

Nice suggestions but unfortunately I don't like sweet in my coffee. Maybe I could just dip an ice cream sandwich?

Thank god coffee is now considered a 'health drink'...lucky all the times I tried to quit in the past didn't stick!

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: May 31, 2014 18:16

Top 10 most played on my iTunes:

Monkey Man
Live With Me
Brown Sugar
You Got the Silver
Down the Road Apiece
Flight 505
High and Dry
All About You
100 Years Ago
Little T&A

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: May 31, 2014 19:07

Most listened to (can you tell I'm a ballad girl?): Angie, GS, Following the River, Shine a Light, Sympathy, Let's Spend the Night Together, JJF, Doo Doo Doo Doo Doo, You Can't Always, Brown Sugar, Under My Thumb, Sister Morphine

Least listened to (All from Some Girls for some reason): When The Whip Comes Down, You Win Again, Keep Up Blues, Miss You

Date: May 31, 2014 19:41

I forgot the live version of When the whip comes down in Memphis, 1978

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 31, 2014 19:55

Got addicted to the live stuff and now realize why the bootlegs are popular. Love MSG 2003 The Rolling Stones - Can't You Hear Me Knocking - Live OFFICIAL.

Posted by: mr_dja ()
Date: May 31, 2014 20:14

Rambler Live
Happy Live and studio
Hot Rocks, Disc 2
Brussels official

Coffee black. More black coffee. Unless my wife orders the vanilla combo special thing at the overratedpriced place for me.

Saw a show the other the other night that said humans and coffee share 50% of the same DNA. I don't know that it's true, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Peace,
Mr. DJA

Posted by: andrewt ()
Date: May 31, 2014 20:18

There's about a 100 of them where I can't really pick one over the other.
Depends on what I'm doing, what mood I'm in.

The test of a really good espresso is whether you can drink it black. It should be smooth as silk and rich but not bitter. Although I quite like a splash of milk in an Americano.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-31 20:20 by andrewt.

Posted by: nightskyman ()
Date: May 31, 2014 21:02

jpasc95
Hi,
Studio and live stuff
studio : Start me up
live : Happy, You can't always get..., Midnight rambler
what about you ?

Obviously that will be a long list. Ruby Tuesday, Wild Horses, the whole of Aftermath, Between the Buttons, Satanic Majesties, Beggars Banquet and Let it Bleed, a few tracks off of Sticky Fingers and Exile and maybe Black and Blue...for studio.

Live only Get yer ya yas out and Houston 78.

Date: May 31, 2014 21:29

latebloomer
yes I perfectly agree with the fact that it depends on the mood of the moment.
When I'm down in the gutter, songs like Start me up or Jumping jack flash have this power to make me go ahead. That's also why I like this band.

Posted by: geordiestone ()
Date: May 31, 2014 21:35

Currently it is the B2B european tour 98, just finished listening to all the Amsterdam Arena gigs.

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: May 31, 2014 21:53

Studio only:
Tumbeling Dice
Good time woman
Sway
Plundered my soul
Sympathy
Sweet Vigiania (part of the loop playlist at some coffe place I buy coffe on the way to work... they play some 8-10 songs in a loop so I hear it every second day).

Stuido AND live
Gimme Shelter (some 6-7 live versions heavily dominate my playlist... few of them appear at the screen as "Kleermaker's wekkly..." - guess I'm the only sloppy person who uses YT downloader for music...).
Bitch

Live only
Under my thumb (1969 and 1981-2 versions - love them!)
JJF
Doom and Gloom

The weird aspect:

Some month ago I downloaded here a live recording of one of the 2013 gigs. It was divided into tracks. You know how every time and a while you decide to delete a track as it is obviosuly not survivng the evolution of your playlist? well I ended up deleting all tracks (expecially after the SSS went out) BUT the INTRO! the LSTNT + Sympathy + introduction of the "would you please welcome the RS!"... When it jumps in the random playing I actually listen to the entire 3 minutes and enjoy it! I suspect I even move my lips as if I'm doing that Sympathy yell that the crowd always does before the intro...

Posted by: Shezeboss ()
Date: May 31, 2014 22:10

black and blue bridges to babylon a bigger bang and all Jagger solo of course

Posted by: bryanoakville ()
Date: June 1, 2014 01:34

Tumbling Dice

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: June 1, 2014 01:37

Anything from Goats Head Soup...love the vibes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-06-01 01:38 by shadooby.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1538
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home