Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 18
Re: Tour Posters Europe 2014 - 14 On Fire
Posted by: Crazyhorse ()
Date: July 9, 2014 12:56

odean73
Anybody recieved any posters?

emailed from the stones web site, but dont expect to recieve anything from them.

Leaving a bit of a sour taste at this moment of time.

Order still pending. Nearly 4 weeks waiting since I placed order. Rubbish. They should throw in a free t-shirt or something but unlikely, I know.

Posted by: MarthaTuesday ()
Date: July 9, 2014 14:16

Guessing it's the same delay for t-shirts. I haven't waited as long as some of you however. I ordered a Rome t-shirt on 25 June (they'd sold out at the merchandise stand when I was in Rome). Money has gone out of my account but my order is still "pending".

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: July 9, 2014 14:47

Same problem here. Made 2 orders for t-shirts and no news. Keep in mind these guys don't have the best reputation. Last time I ordered a t-shirt in the summer and got it in the fall. Also I'm curious about the tour lithographs, since they were numbered to 150, except PinkPop (girl) which was 50. Maybe some others were like this?

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 9, 2014 14:52

No reply for the merch people to any e-mail whatsoever...

Yep; shameful, indeed.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: July 9, 2014 16:21

RoughJusticeOnYa
No reply for the merch people to any e-mail whatsoever...

Yep; shameful, indeed.

Same here i emailed yesterday.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: July 9, 2014 16:58

(delete)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-07-16 00:56 by RoughJusticeOnYa.

Posted by: Twanno ()
Date: July 10, 2014 12:47

Honestman
ok here we go with the left over posters, sorry for the blur quality, feel free to post higher res if you can.

Zurich and Lisbon have been very lucky.
Also after the Wolf , come the Cow >grinning smiley<

Is there anybody who has better quality/resolution of these posters?
(The ones for the Zurich gig).

Or can you tell me where I can find these?

Thanks in advance!

Twan

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 14, 2014 22:02

Some event posters/lithos are not for sale anymore on rollingstones.com ....Not even in stock soon???? sad smiley

Posted by: Plink ()
Date: July 15, 2014 01:51

Hi Twanno,
The posters that Honestman posted above are designs by Diogo Sampaio that were submitted to Bravado (the co. that handles the Stones’ merch) but not produced – poster “outtakes”, if you will. Sampaio posted them on his FB. I first learned of this student artist & his story about designing for Bravado via an article link posted earlier in this thread. I just checked his FB again and he has recently linked to even more of his unproduced designs here: [www.behance.net]

It appears as though he submitted approx. 15 designs and 1 was chosen for production (Lisbon tram). I noticed near the bottom of his behance Stones poster page that it says, “*All rights reserved to BRAVADO INTERNATIONAL and STRONGSIDE DESIGNS”. Therefore, IMO, it seems unlikely that he’d consider making his unproduced designs available to interested parties, as it might land him in hot water if Bravado were to get wind of it.

Here are a few of his designs that haven’t yet been posted in this thread (iirc) and there are more @ the behance link above:

The can-can dancer’s fishnet clad leg w/ tongue is a great, fun idea that (IMO) could have been even better w/ a few adjustments. Not sure what the frosted rectangle adds to it. Also think the text design & layout could have been better. Perhaps “Rolling Stones” spelled out in red lights, among other adjustments. With more work & input from a creative director, I think this one could have been a real winner that would have looked great alongside the Spanish guitar poster. Ah, well, too late now.

Date: July 15, 2014 10:27

Was going to order the Madrid and Belgium poster, but not showing now.

Only about six posters showing.

Posted by: Twanno ()
Date: July 15, 2014 10:56

Thanks for the info, Plink!
Much appreciated.

Twanno

Date: July 15, 2014 11:14

Agree about the Paris poster, a bit of tweaking and would have been a classic.

Date: July 15, 2014 11:29

Odean73
Only about six posters showing.

My guess is they're being honest about what's really available. Thought it was impossible that all the city posters would be still in stock. That's not nice of them to give us false hope like that. I was excited to get the Berlin poster since I missed it at the gig. Maybe this is their tactic to get us to shop more on their internet site? Anyhow, they have a terrible track record historically. For me two out of ten transactions went through without problems with complete satisfaction. I'd get fired if I performed like that, lol.

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: July 15, 2014 19:16

frankotero
My guess is they're being honest about what's really available. Thought it was impossible that all the city posters would be still in stock. That's not nice of them to give us false hope like that. I was excited to get the Berlin poster since I missed it at the gig. Maybe this is their tactic to get us to shop more on their internet site? Anyhow, they have a terrible track record historically. For me two out of ten transactions went through without problems with complete satisfaction. I'd get fired if I performed like that, lol.

So your Berlin poster was actually delivered?

Date: July 16, 2014 00:13

Sorry maybe you misunderstood joshbg2k. I wasn't able to order a Berlin poster, only t-shirts that I didn't receive yet. But at least my friend scored a regular fire colored gig poster for me. I'll be happy with that.

Posted by: joshbg2k ()
Date: July 16, 2014 00:45

frankotero
Sorry maybe you misunderstood joshbg2k. I wasn't able to order a Berlin poster, only t-shirts that I didn't receive yet. But at least my friend scored a regular fire colored gig poster for me. I'll be happy with that.

Ok, got it. If you don't mind, could you post to this thread if/when you get it? I got my order in on the night of the show and haven't gotten it yet.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: July 16, 2014 08:06

Crazyhorse
odean73

emailed from the stones web site, but dont expect to recieve anything from them.

Order still pending. Nearly 4 weeks waiting since I placed order. Rubbish. They should throw in a free t-shirt or something but unlikely, I know.

Years ago they threw in a free hat. Give em some time since I don't really think they knew it would be this popular. I'm not associated with the company only a personal observation.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: July 16, 2014 22:17

I'm still waiting for 2 fan club DVDs from the Licks tour !

sc uk

Date: July 16, 2014 23:41

straycatuk
I'm still waiting for 2 fan club DVDs from the Licks tour !

sc uk

Ha ha straycatuk. I recall talk of those DVDs years ago. I know my order will arrive for Xmas winking smiley To be fair I ordered the yellow tongue tour t-shirt before the Berlin show and my return Berlin order and that arrived weeks ago.

Date: July 16, 2014 23:46

shattered
Crazyhorse
odean73

Years ago they threw in a free hat. Give em some time since I don't really think they knew it would be this popular. I'm not associated with the company only a personal observation.

Shattered do you remember the Licks tour fan club payment for exclusive tickets? You got a free cap and copy of Forty Licks?

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: July 25, 2014 00:09

Crazyhorse
shattered
Crazyhorse
odean73

Shattered do you remember the Licks tour fan club payment for exclusive tickets? You got a free cap and copy of Forty Licks?
IMO they should throw in something like a keychain or an USB stick
in the tour colours for the guys who have to wait that long. exactly
because their shipping department has been well known to mess up like
that for a long time already. they should have expected the fans to
be wildly interested in this whole litho business. unfortunately,
it all smells like a last tour since they haven't done it before.

Date: July 25, 2014 00:56

Nikkei
Crazyhorse
shattered
Crazyhorse
odean73

IMO they should throw in something like a keychain or an USB stick
in the tour colours for the guys who have to wait that long. exactly
because their shipping department has been well known to mess up like
that for a long time already. they should have expected the fans to
be wildly interested in this whole litho business. unfortunately,
it all smells like a last tour since they haven't done it before.

Nikkei, it could just be a missed opportunity merchandise wise for making more cash? The lithos are not that kind of thing you would want to carry around at a gig or even take home after the show - especially if you are traveling. Anyway, great idea for fans and I hope it's not a sign of things coming to an end for the Stones on the road.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 25, 2014 00:59

Crazyhorse
shattered
Crazyhorse
odean73

I recall getting a cap, DVD in a can, and poster for the fan club around the time of ABB.

I recall reading a lot of people didn't get theirs but I certainly got mine.

I hate the cap because it says Rolling Stones Fan Club on the back, which identifies me as the geek that I am.

Date: July 25, 2014 12:42

Hey treaclefingers, I follow you. I thought the same when I had four or five of those caps couldn't even give them away.

Date: July 25, 2014 12:57

I got the cap and nothing more. A disappointment it is too. Finally a year or two ago I found the DVD on eBay for about $10. The only real satisfaction I ever had was Keith's Vintage Vinos LP. It arrived dinged up on the corners so I complained and asked for a replacement and since they didn't have one they refunded me and let me keep the record. I'm still floored by the generosity that one time.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: July 25, 2014 13:08

My Stockholm litho has been shipped. Not a word regarding the Paris litho

Date: July 25, 2014 13:26

Think my Oslo poster has been delivered.

Just waiting for confirmation.

Date: July 25, 2014 13:48

The first poster has arrived yippeeee. hot smiley

14 On Fire litho and t shirt box sets
Posted by: Paulhanrahan ()
Date: October 8, 2014 02:26

I received a heads up from the stones shop, they are about to put on sale box sets of 1. All Europe tour lithos - USD1K 2. All Europe tour shirts USD$600 And ditto for Asian tour with more to follow it seems. I'm cringing in advance re what the Australian tour lithos will feature. I hope I'm wrong!

Re: 14 On Fire litho and t shirt box sets
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 8, 2014 02:34

I'm cringing in advance re what the Australian tour lithos will feature.

......a hot meat-pie

ROCKMAN

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...678910111213141516...LastNext
Current Page: 11 of 18

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1082
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home