Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Your worst concert ever
Posted by: Georges ()
Date: June 6, 2005 16:47

My worst concert ever was the Beatles in Nice in 1965.
They came on stage two hours late. They have been playing for twenty five minutes, besides their sound was so poor that we could not hear them. And the tickets were extremely expensive.
It is a shame for the Beatles.
Afterwards, I saw the Stones: it was quite diferent. The Stones were actually great. The Stones are the greatest ever.

Posted by: bartman ()
Date: June 6, 2005 21:01

Well, I think it's great that you've seen the Beatles live. Not that I like their music but just to see them. I saw Paul McCartney once and I must say his show wasn't that bad at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2005-07-05 22:15 by bartman.

Posted by: ifucantrockme ()
Date: June 6, 2005 21:35

Another bad one

Springsteen without the E-street Band back in about 1992. Acoutsic "Nebraska" crap. Just a long boring show

If you can't rock me, somebody will

Posted by: black n blue ()
Date: June 10, 2005 06:01

Van Hager!

Posted by: sweet thang ()
Date: July 5, 2005 11:50

It was the Windsor Jazz/Blues Festival sometime in the late sixties, an all day outdoor event.
The last set was being played by Jr. Walker and everybody was up dancing. After every song some idiot behind me was yelling "WAY BACK HOME...WAY BACK HOME JUNIOR!" It was getting to be annoying and the guy next to me said, "Oh, that's Ronnie Wood." I turned and looked and there was Ronnie waving his arms with a bottle in one hand and balancing on one leg, I guess his version of dancing.
After all these years I want to take this opportunity to say, SHUT UP RONNIE!!!

Posted by: lodge ()
Date: July 5, 2005 11:57

Worst: Pink Floyd Frankfurt 1978 (I could have listen to the LPs back home smoking and drinking and having the same sound instead of sitting in between a smelling sweat of poeple)
Best: Rolling Stones, Cirkus 2003, Frankfurt 2nd concert 1982 and many more of the Stones

Posted by: TeleK ()
Date: July 5, 2005 11:59

worst concert

1996, ithink . it was paradise lost. they played partly PLAYBACK.
this really sucks!!
or the pogues. they were so drunk, that they have to stop the concert after 10min.

-----------------------------------------------------
Oh, give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock and roll and drift away

Posted by: keefstheman ()
Date: July 5, 2005 14:04

Rolling Stones, Buffalo, July 4, 1978

Jagger's voice was horrible (maybe sick?)...band was very sloppy, concert was very short. I felt like I was ripped off.

Posted by: stickydion ()
Date: July 5, 2005 14:39

Worst:

Oasis and Blur (both in Athens, early 00's)

Best:

Every concert of the Stones i had seen
Rory Gallagher, 1981
Pink Floyd, 1989
John Campell (early 90s)

I expected much more of...

Police, 1980
U2, 1997
Sonic Youth, 1998
REM, 1999

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 5, 2005 14:40

BATMAN,you shouldn't give credit so grudgingly to Paul! McCartney is AWESOME in concert and LOTS of bands should take serious notes while watching ole Paul! He is a total PRO and KAHOOSIER, you're right about DYLAN! A total waste of time and money and his attitude blows as well!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 5, 2005 14:52

f+++in' hayseeds...LOL

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: July 5, 2005 14:56

ifucantrockme Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Another bad one
>
> Springsteen without the E-street Band back in
> about 1992. Acoutsic "Nebraska" crap. Just a
> long boring show
>
> If you can't rock me, somebody will

Springsteen never toured behind 'Nebraska' which came out in 1982..not 1992

The 1992-93 tour was with a full band (not the E-Street Band) and 3 or 4 female backing singers.

He didnt do any solo tours until The Ghost of Tom Joad tour, which started in November '95 in the US and was in Europe the following spring.

Posted by: stonesfan70 ()
Date: July 5, 2005 17:10

Had I actually gone to it, Live 8 in Philly.

Posted by: john r ()
Date: July 5, 2005 18:41

Sweet Thang: I wish I saw Jr Walker (RIP) - "Way Back Home" is one of my 4 or 5 all time fave JR W songs...
Its a surprising list, but I guess it shouldnt be. Id add a couple more to my earlier list: James Brown twice around 1980 & 1985 or so - he wasnt in great shape, the old rituals didnt work well, with much of the crowd hardly in a state of hysteria, & tho the band was good, he really was onstage an hour tops.
Also: Johnny Thunders at a series of sad, ramshackle club shows in the 80s w/people hurling insults & cups, Johnny tuning up (?) endlessly then breaking into a song like Pipeline or Let's Go & losing interest after the first verse...He was great w/Wayne Kramer, but after '82 or so...RIP
Lou Reed, Growing Up In Public tour '80 (his most verbose lp, & a dull live set);
Nico, totally absorbed in junk post Drama of Exile, I kept thinking of the glamorous covers of her classic lps Marble Index/Desertshore, & this sad bloated legend up there maybe 75 people in the house - she asked my friend for 20$ 'please, I need to get well' when he complimented her)
Mott/Queen '74 - I had a brief love affair w/ Queen (Yes meets Led Zep!!) for a year, but they were a no show due to Brian May's hepatitis, & Mott was dull/sludgey, w/ Ariel Bender on guitar (he aint no Mick Ralphs - or Mick Ronson).
Great/surprise gigs: Ike Turner around 3 or 4 years ago doing a classic soul revue a la '69 w/ a great band (he had a new cd out), at age 68 or 70 still had the authority on stage, & that whammy, & the energy to Rockit 88.
James Chance/White w/ an excellent Contortions/Blacks on a sort of comeback tour in '96 (Infinite Zero had reissued his Ze albums) - after hearing nothing from him in over a decade: he had an aura of sadness, but he PUT OUT, more eccentric than ever but engaged, inspired, had a fine tight band & much of the 'alternative' crowd didnt know what to make of his music & split. A legend I never expected to see live.
Peter Tosh '79 - Orpheum, mixed race/age crowd, 'ot 'n sweaty (to quote Cactus) some kid in the next seat rubbing up against me in time to the music, lotta herb & funky allstar band
Iggy 77, Clash debut US tour '79 w/ Bo, Television amazing in '78 (also Tom Verlaine solo a couple years later - think he had Jimmy Rip on 2nd guitar, what an original!) and the great comback tour of the 70s: Dylan/The Band '74!
Patti Smith debut Boston (Jazz Workshop, 1/76) a transformative experience for me, the songs (Horses, a couple from Ethiopia not released for another 9 months, & covers: Time Is On My Side, My Generation, etc & SHE OWNED these3 songs for that night - & her in between song patter was nearly as entertaining/spirited as the songs. A beautiful night. John Cale at the Rat 77 (I was underaged, 1st club show, a hero 10 feet in front of me doing Fear & Paris 1919)
Finally, Stones shows: my first '75, I was ecstatic even if later investigation proved this was not their best tour - lotsa Goats Head, IORR, Exile, SF. It was interesting to have Ollie with Charlie. MSG "Cherry Oh Baby" 9 months before release...Then 81, Mick irritated me, '89 dug it despite the glitz, '94 couldnt hear 'em - boy the lack of volume pissed me off, except for a few minutes during a ripping 'Miss You' w/ Ron & Bobby reaching for the stars w/ their solos full-blast for just that one patch, & a junkie acquaintance jabbering in my ear nonstop about how stupid the RS looked til I had to say Jesus SHUT UP, '97 good set & show, 99 maybe better, Moonlight Mile, Some Girls, You Got the Silver, & about 5 from B2B, Kicked Ass, Licks great at msg, great at 1 Boston show, unsettled at the other, watching Ron seemingly fall apart, Not play for 30 minutes - oh no, thought Brian redux will he be fired as soon as there's a break? Keith was absolutely delicious in '88 & '93, great band, great setlist (A stunning Something Else) both times, Charlie's '86 or '87 32 piece orchestra, -excellent Ron show in late '92 w/ Mac & Bernard, again nice mix of Stones (Ron written, "Pretty Beat Up" "Black Limo") Faces (Flying, I Know Im Losing You, etc), & solo Ron old & new - much tighter/better than the '87 Gunslingers show (w/ Bo - Ron running onstage 10 minutes late wired up on coke) or the '79 New Barbs boots I've heard...I'm sorry, I suppose I lost everybody way back near the top of this post....

Date: July 5, 2005 22:18

Debra Wrote:
> BATMAN,you shouldn't give credit so grudgingly to
> Paul! McCartney is AWESOME in concert and LOTS of
> bands should take serious notes while watching ole
> Paul! He is a total PRO and KAHOOSIER, you're
> right about DYLAN! A total waste of time and money
> and his attitude blows as well!

Debra, let me tell you something: I think the Beatles is the most OVERRATED band of the 20th century! and it's BaRtman and not Batman

Posted by: drake ()
Date: July 5, 2005 22:23

John Melloncamp. Great seats, decent venue, decent stage and fantastic sound, but Mellonhead sucked. That show ties for worst show with a free concert I went to last week. Violent Femmes played. I've never heard such shitty music in all my life.

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: July 5, 2005 23:47

U2 Las vegas 1997 duller than shit,they played 11 songs from the new album in a row.

Springsteen, fenway park 1st show 2003.Although I heard the 2nd show was very good from the same people who hated the 1st.

P.S Can Springsteen play a guiter solo I have never heard a good one from him. pleae let me know.

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: July 6, 2005 00:44

Please to hear you recovered Bartman

Posted by: Debra ()
Date: July 6, 2005 00:59

BARMAN, OR BARTMAN, whatever you call yourself! I think the Beatles deserve all kudos and praise ever put forth and THEN SOME! I guess you could say, they are UNDER-RATED! I guess you're a youngster, probably a fan of Oasis! Or maybe Velvet Revolver or worst yet, Black Eyed Peas!

Posted by: ferda ()
Date: July 6, 2005 02:14

the worst shows:
macca 2004 - it was like a bad vegas show - quite a BIG disappointment, no support act, just a few comedians, bad jokes....
metallica 2004 - sound sucked, long periods between songs, totally lousy
lucie 2002 - local czech band, the first concert of the tour, terrible sound and they played the whole new album songs in the row, made an intermission and then continued with the show !!??? (BTW, they opened for the Stones in Prague 95)
and probably U2 2005 (Vienna) - still not sure if this was bad or not but was expecting much more

the best - Stones Prague 95, Prague 98, Bruce 04, Bowie 97

Debra - I like Beatles, have some Macca albums and like them, but his concert was a shocking experience for me - and this is my subjective view - BTW, Velvet Revolver rocks!!!

Posted by: drake ()
Date: July 6, 2005 02:15

Debra, the Beatles are INCREDIBLY overrated. They get 1st place on every 'best of' list out there. Beatles were and always will be POP, not rocknroll. Unfortunately most of the world is too ignorant to distinguish. Rocknroll is a specific brand, pop appeals to every dumbass who turns the FM dial.

Besides, the Beatles were almost exclusively a studio band. Did they tour SPLHCB? Did they tour the white album? Were they any good live? I challenge you to keep a straight face and groove to the rooftop concert. If you survive that challenge listen to the Beatles live at the BBC and compare that to the Stones live at the BBC.

Date: July 6, 2005 09:01

Warren Zevon, Seattle, Summer 1978. What a tosser...

"The wonder of Jimi Hendrix was that he could stand up at all he was so pumped full of drugs." Patsy, Patsy Stone

Date: July 6, 2005 10:50

Debra Wrote:
> BARMAN, OR BARTMAN, whatever you call yourself! I
> think the Beatles deserve all kudos and praise
> ever put forth and THEN SOME! I guess you could
> say, they are UNDER-RATED! I guess you're a
> youngster, probably a fan of Oasis! Or maybe
> Velvet Revolver or worst yet, Black Eyed Peas!

What do you call a youngster. I'm a Stonesfan since 1981. But I like Velvet Revolver as well. But I just don't understand what makes the Beatles so good. she loves you yeah yeah yeah. The just don't ROCK IMO. The never did. Too sweet!
Btw: I hate Oasis.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: July 6, 2005 11:06

For once I must agree with Batman / Fartman. The Beatles are one of the most overrated bands ever. If it wasn't for Martin they wouldn't have been that large. Without him (live) they were POOR. And Artman: you misses out on some nice moments in the Graanbeurs last Saturday! (But you were too drunk to have remembered it anyway....).

Posted by: Greg ()
Date: July 6, 2005 11:52

Without doubt the Amstedam Arena concert a few days after Vredenburg. To call it an autopilot show would be an euphemism. The only time I wanted to be somewhere else during a Stones concert.

----------------------------
"Music is the frozen tapioca in the ice chest of history."

"Shit!... No shit, awright!"

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: July 6, 2005 11:54

Beatles vs. the Stones?? WTF, it's been almost 50 years and people are still debating this.

Posted by: Potted Shrimp ()
Date: July 6, 2005 12:10

drbryant Wrote:
> Beatles vs. the Stones?? WTF, it's been almost 50
> years and people are still debating this.

From what do you get it's Beatles vs. The Stones?!?

Date: July 6, 2005 12:50

Potted Shrimp Wrote:
> For once I must agree with Batman / Fartman. The
> Beatles are one of the most overrated bands ever.
> If it wasn't for Martin they wouldn't have been
> that large. Without him (live) they were POOR. And
> Artman: you misses out on some nice moments in the
> Graanbeurs last Saturday! (But you were too drunk
> to have remembered it anyway....).
>
Tell me about those moments....

Posted by: veronus ()
Date: July 10, 2005 10:27

i saw david lee roth band may years ago in the ahoy rotterdam, and that was the worst show i ever saw.

Posted by: jss ()
Date: July 11, 2005 12:29

yes symphonic at the fleet pavalion in boston...this was just a concert from hell...the guy beside us had this high pitched whistle that was used before,during, and after every song...the two in front of us had the worst smelling weed in the world, it smelt like burning rubber...then the band...good christ they opened with some 20 minute dirge...then a 30 minute requimn(sp?)...then a 45 minute version of gates of delerium...talk about mind numbing...then they also played songs off of the new album which was coming out later in the year...only redeeming factor was a sweet starship trooper in which steve howe tore up and jon anderson was quiet...thank god i won the tickets on a radio contest...

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1797
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home