Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: OT: 2014 Ice Hockey World Championships in Minsk, Belarus
Posted by: Come On ()
Date: May 21, 2014 09:55

Sad for the home-nation to have to leave already in the quarter...tongue sticking out smiley

GO SWEDEN GO!

2 1 2 0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-21 09:56 by Come On.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: May 22, 2014 01:41

So, time for quarterfinals! Tomorrow, Thursday (the day of Tor (Thor) - God of Thunder!), the order will be this:

CET 15:00: USA-Czechia, CET 16:00: Russia-France, CET 19:00: Canada-Finland, CET 20:00: Sweden-Belarus.

My tip: USA-Czechia is a 50/50 match but I think USA will win in the end. Russia and Canada will, most probably, win their matches.
And I think Sweden will win against Belarus even though Belarus has the advantage of home ground. What do you think?

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: May 22, 2014 08:28

USA, Russia, Finland, Belarus...winking smiley

- Doxa

Date: May 22, 2014 08:57

Czechia-Russia-Canada-Sweden to the semifinals...
Russia - Canada in final as I said from the very beginning...

Russia as Champions since they play in Belarus (kind of home)

2 1 2 0

Posted by: jenyk ()
Date: May 22, 2014 10:00

Czech Rep. in semifinal? Are you joking? Our players need 50 shots/ 1goal...

Date: May 22, 2014 10:52

Stoneage
So, time for quarterfinals! Tomorrow, Thursday (the day of Tor (Thor) - God of Thunder!), the order will be this:

CET 15:00: USA-Czechia, CET 16:00: Russia-France, CET 19:00: Canada-Finland, CET 20:00: Sweden-Belarus.

My tip: USA-Czechia is a 50/50 match but I think USA will win in the end. Russia and Canada will, most probably, win their matches.
And I think Sweden will win against Belarus even though Belarus has the advantage of home ground. What do you think?

You have lost before, remember smiling smiley

[www.vg.no]

Date: May 22, 2014 11:09

jenyk
Czech Rep. in semifinal? Are you joking? Our players need 50 shots/ 1goal...

Well I think they finally will put the team together...Czech is always Czech, a great hockeynation, and with som luck they can win the whole shit...remember who said it..smiling smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: May 22, 2014 14:14

We need more heart and soul. We need more players who want to do kamikadze jumps to the shots like Rolinek did. JJ is not on the top of his game but young players are not better. And Salak is not Hasek.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: May 22, 2014 14:25

Where r the Dutch???

Date: May 22, 2014 15:03

Doxa
USA, Russia, Finland, Belarus...winking smiley

- Doxa

Maybe. We will see tonight around 22:30. As DP reminded me - we have lost to Belarus before. I hope to see some real Finnish sisu this evening though against Canada...

Date: May 22, 2014 15:08

GOO
Where r the Dutch???

Give your fast speedskaters a hockey stick and I'm sure they will do well in the World Championships...

Date: May 22, 2014 18:43

Well, I was wrong about Czechia. They won 4-3. They were leading 4-1 when there was 1 minute, 10 seconds left. Russia is leading 2-0 against France. 13 minutes left of the match.
Czechia will meet the winner in the match between Finland and Canada later today..

Date: May 22, 2014 20:32

jenyk
We need more heart and soul. We need more players who want to do kamikadze jumps to the shots like Rolinek did. JJ is not on the top of his game but young players are not better. And Salak is not Hasek.

So now you're ready for the semi-finals...Congratulations!

2 1 2 0

Date: May 22, 2014 21:49

Yes, thanks. But it was very hard.

Date: May 22, 2014 22:49

Jeez... This year's Finnish team is not just our worst and most boring team ever but the luckiest as well...eye popping smiley They should have been home days ago, but now they kicked out Canada... ice hockey is a funny game.tongue sticking out smiley

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-22 22:51 by Doxa.

Date: May 22, 2014 23:39

Well done Finland! Seems like it will be Russia- Czech in the final then...Swedens Team is far to weak this year for beating Russia...

Brother Joel did very well tonight...

2 1 2 0

Date: May 23, 2014 00:05

Come On
Well done Finland! Seems like it will be Russia- Czech in the final then...Swedens Team is far to weak this year for beating Russia...

That means that Finland and Sweden will face each other in a bronze game... What would be ice hockey games without that El Classico! I also predict SWE-FIN to happen but it will be the final on Sunday!

But the truth is that now when Canada has been gone, there is only one actually strong team in the tournament, Russia (and Canada wasn't that impressive either, just a bunch of theoretically big names). None of Sweden, Czech and Finland has a good team (and for similar reasons), but seemingly that's not necessarily needed to go far in this tournament. But still I think Sweden will beat Russia. Russians are not very good when there is too much in the game (think of what happened in Putin's propaganda games in Sochi for their 'dream team'), no matter how well they have played so far. Like the Canadiens say, 'Win the right games!'tongue sticking out smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-23 00:07 by Doxa.

Date: May 23, 2014 09:20

Doxa
Come On

That means that Finland and Sweden will face each other in a bronze game... What would be ice hockey games without that El Classico! I also predict SWE-FIN to happen but it will be the final on Sunday!

But the truth is that now when Canada has been gone, there is only one actually strong team in the tournament, Russia (and Canada wasn't that impressive either, just a bunch of theoretically big names). None of Sweden, Czech and Finland has a good team (and for similar reasons), but seemingly that's not necessarily needed to go far in this tournament. But still I think Sweden will beat Russia. Russians are not very good when there is too much in the game (think of what happened in Putin's propaganda games in Sochi for their 'dream team'), no matter how well they have played so far. Like the Canadiens say, 'Win the right games!'tongue sticking out smiley

- Doxa

Well let's hope for the final then for our Teams Doxa...We'll probably have a fair chance against Soumi Finland...but them Russians..I can't believe wwll beat them...

Date: May 23, 2014 15:39

Kudos to Belarus, Latvia and France who did very well in the tournament. The gap between those teams and the "big" hockeynations is almost non-existent now. Especially Latvia and Belarus have really good teams. Also Norway and Denmark did well. About the semifinals tomorrow: I think Finland-Czechia is a 50/50 match even though Finland will be a bit of a favourite due to the fact that they won against Canada yesterday. Russia will be clear favourites against a pretty mediocre Tre Kronor. But, as Doxa said, the modern Russian teams are known to choke on big matches late in the tournament. Like they did in Sotji. So, there is, perhaps, still a chance for us...

Date: May 24, 2014 08:46

I know, no one cares, but today is semifinals time in Minsk. Here are the matches:

CET 13:45, Russia-Sweden and CET 17:45 Czechia-Finland

My tip: A classic final between Russia and Czechia. Just like in the old days...

Posted by: BroomWagon ()
Date: May 24, 2014 17:39

Stoneage
I know, no one cares, but today is semifinals time in Minsk. Here are the matches:

CET 13:45, Russia-Sweden and CET 17:45 Czechia-Finland

My tip: A classic final between Russia and Czechia. Just like in the old days...

Minutes away, this game is coming on, NBC Sports for people in the States.

Date: May 24, 2014 22:20

Congrats to Finland. Finland and Russia in the final. Sweden lost to Russia, 3-1. Maybe the goalie was the difference. Our goalie had a bad day, unfortunatelly.
I will root for Finland tomorrow, of course. And they have the best goalie, which is very important.

Date: May 25, 2014 20:38

30 minutes to go to the final. I think Finand will actually stand a chance against Russia who didn't impress that much against Tre Kronor. Go Finland!
Tre Kronor snatched a bronze today against Czechia. Our 17:th bronze in the World Championships which is a world record! Always something...

Date: May 25, 2014 21:06

A bronze is kind of a prize for the real 'Hockey-Heads'...smoking smiley

AND NOW GO FINLAND!!!

2 1 2 0

Date: May 26, 2014 09:41

Big thanks to Jaromir Jagr for all this years with CZ natioanal team! You are our Great One! Good luck in New Jersey Devils next season.

Date: May 26, 2014 11:07

jenyk
Big thanks to Jaromir Jagr for all this years with CZ natioanal team! You are our Great One! Good luck in New Jersey Devils next season.

My Czech-heroes is Nedomansky and Jan Suchy...Great players just like Jagr..

2 1 2 0

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: May 26, 2014 11:16

Depends where your from buddy. Canada all the way!

Date: May 26, 2014 11:38

Well, the luck didn't carry Finland to the very end... in finals no luck with refereesgrinning smiley But Russia was simply the strongest team in tournament, so the justice happened. It was a joy to watch Ovetshckin and the rest enjoying so much for the achieved gold (pl. Putin). They really were looking forward that.

Team Finland surprised me positively. They were so lousy in the first seven games, but these three important last games were good ones, including the final. So silver medal is a great achievement from them.

A rather great international hockey season for Finland altogether, a gold from 20 years old championships, a bronze from Olympic Games, and now silver. Each being a rather big surprise taking the expectations. Not bad.

Yeah, Jagr should have deserved better if this going to be his last international games. A true legend.thumbs up

- Doxa

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1393
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home