Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Track Talk: She’s A Rainbow
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: May 13, 2014 16:40

The Piano part (1:23-2:03) gives btw. a nice ringtone .....

Date: May 13, 2014 20:17

GasLightStreet
ThickerThanThieves
GasLightStreet
It amazes me that a band that made this track also made Their Satanic Majesties Request - and that this brilliant track is on that awful album. Their most bizarre album ever. 4 great tracks, 6 horrible ones.

The Stones have only written two bad songs in 52 years and the six you have alluded to here are not one of those two. Satanic is great from top to bottom. Sweet Neo Con and Back To Zero are not on Satanic.

LoneRangerMightyStones50, your idea of what bad songs are does not equate with reality. The two you mentioned are at the top of their bad song list but anyone knows that. They have more than "two bad songs in 52 years" - 25 or so years being without any songs released.

Only two bad songs in 52 years is pretty remarkable. And NO bad albums! All damn good to great!

Date: May 14, 2014 06:36

Satanic is timeless! I like it as much as Pepper, and Pepper is the greatest album ever in my opinion. She's A Rainbow might be the best track on the album.

Posted by: swimtothemoon ()
Date: May 14, 2014 08:31

Of course great and exceptional track. I wish I could have been there in Chicago
When played live on the Brides tour - sat that one out ...Ouch.

Great track and that simple piano intro is genius.

Date: May 14, 2014 10:18

From Argentina:

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: May 14, 2014 16:26

^ Don't know about that live version! I'll stick with the studio cut...

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 14, 2014 16:35

The song has got a fantastic sound.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 14, 2014 17:34

ThickerThanThieves
GasLightStreet
ThickerThanThieves
GasLightStreet
It amazes me that a band that made this track also made Their Satanic Majesties Request - and that this brilliant track is on that awful album. Their most bizarre album ever. 4 great tracks, 6 horrible ones.

The Stones have only written two bad songs in 52 years and the six you have alluded to here are not one of those two. Satanic is great from top to bottom. Sweet Neo Con and Back To Zero are not on Satanic.

LoneRangerMightyStones50, your idea of what bad songs are does not equate with reality. The two you mentioned are at the top of their bad song list but anyone knows that. They have more than "two bad songs in 52 years" - 25 or so years being without any songs released.

Only two bad songs in 52 years is pretty remarkable. And NO bad albums! All damn good to great!

Oh boy, you're back at being the full October moon fanboy again and have somehow gotten more deaf. "Only two bad songs in 52 years" is absurd and they do have bad albums - DIRTY WORK is their worst, VOODOO LOUNGE is not ageing well and TSMR is another one.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 14, 2014 17:38

GasLightStreet

Oh boy, you're back at being the full October moon fanboy again and have somehow gotten more deaf. "Only two bad songs in 52 years" is absurd and they do have bad albums - DIRTY WORK is their worst, VOODOO LOUNGE is not ageing well and TSMR is another one.

TSMR is @#$%& ace! One of their most atmospheric, adventurous and interesting.

Date: May 14, 2014 19:52

His Majesty
GasLightStreet

TSMR is @#$%& ace! One of their most atmospheric, adventurous and interesting.

thumbs upthumbs up And I love that word atmospheric! Satanic is a masterpiece and the album I listen to most of all outside of the Some Girls bonus tracks.

Date: May 14, 2014 20:05

GasLightStreet
ThickerThanThieves
GasLightStreet
ThickerThanThieves
GasLightStreet

I wanted to list HTW but I am the only one I know of that doesn't like it.

Sounds like maybe you were hypnotized by that giant evil looking Jack O' Lantern that appeared on the Pyramid stage during Sympathy For The Devil at Glastonbury last summer! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: SilverBlanket ()
Date: May 14, 2014 20:58

TSMR is one of the last times the stones actually did sound innovative and interesting, far better than the lazy slop they churned out on a regular basis after the early seventies!

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: May 23, 2014 00:00

Hey Drew do you write for a magazine or something? Love your discriptivness and wish I put put words down like that.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: May 23, 2014 00:06

DandelionPowderman
From Argentina:

It's cool that they played it but it seems like they shortened it a good bit and why is it so goddamned fast!!??

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 23, 2014 00:16

A shimmering slice of summer psychedelia.

Posted by: whitem8 ()
Date: May 23, 2014 00:20

That live version though is horrendous. Seems like they loose their way, Ronnie needlessly trying to find a solid slid riff that sounds like noodling. Keith can barely be heard. And even Charlie looses time at several points in the song.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 23, 2014 00:30

whitem8
That live version though is horrendous.

It is. grinning smiley

Posted by: drewmaster ()
Date: May 23, 2014 03:48

rob51
Hey Drew do you write for a magazine or something? Love your discriptivness and wish I put put words down like that.

Hey Rob, thank you so much, that is very kind of you to say that! I suppose that great music just inspires me to try and do it justice in words (which is impossible, of course!) winking smiley

Drew

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1794
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home