Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: (Stones Content) Your Eclectic Music Collection...on one file
Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: May 9, 2014 18:49

What is your most diverse collection of music on one file?

I have about an 80 minute commute to and from my office via public transportation, so during that time, I plug in my headphones to my I-phone and tune out the world.

Most mornings I listen to the Adam Carolla podcast, but in the evenings, it's music time. While I have a number of files on my i-Phone, mainly compilations of an artist's music in separate files, the one I listen to most often is a variety mix of almost 100 songs I have labeled "Commute Music". As I leave my office, I plug in and hit Shuffle.

On this file I have anywhere from one to ten songs from the following artists (and I add to it every so often):

Rolling Stones
Beatles
AC/DC
Led Zeppelin
Kinks
Small Faces
10 years After
Bruce Springsteen
BeeGees
Dire Straits
ZZ Top
Youngbloods
U2
Pearl Jam
Social Distortion
Guess Who
BTO
Billy Joe Royal
Foo Fighters
Green Day
Linkin Park
Black Keys
The Verve
Bryan Adams (ok, I admit it, but just 1 song)

There is certain music such as traditional American Blues that I will not mix into a file like this (I try to keep it somewhat pure, lol).

Also, how come when I correct spell i-phone, it comes out as iphone?

Re: OT: (Stones Content) Your Eclectic Music Collection...on one file
Date: May 10, 2014 20:18

I have most things from Rock (Stones, Springsteen, Beatles, misc. artists) to polkas on my iPod, and just hit shuffle.If I find a song I don't like, I simply skip it, go to a new one. i pod=iPod. i phone=iPhone (Had to try it, weird!)

My guess for the censorship is that maybe bv's a Droid kind of person! grinning smiley

Date: May 11, 2014 05:19

I basically do the same thing; except in a car. So, no headphones. And I am up to 3 x 160 gb's I-Pods . I use to try and make songlists, but find that it is excatly the radical switches that keep me alert and amazed.
I mean, you go from Massive Attack to Joni Mitchell to Wagner to Frank Ocean to Humble Pie. You cant beat it.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 11, 2014 06:09

Palace Revolution 2000
I basically do the same thing; except in a car. So, no headphones. And I am up to 3 x 160 gb's I-Pods . I use to try and make songlists, but find that it is excatly the radical switches that keep me alert and amazed.
I mean, you go from Massive Attack to Joni Mitchell to Wagner to Frank Ocean to Humble Pie. You cant beat it.

I don't know PR2000, that might make me a little seasick. I'm not a big fan of shuffle, though it can be fun every once in a while. Guess I'm too controlling...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1606
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home