Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Billy Preston/Stones Outta Space Video
Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: May 8, 2014 18:43

DandelionPowderman

Please God, make it stop.

Posted by: Mel Belli ()
Date: May 8, 2014 18:51

With Mick at peak gay-ness, and Preston actually being gay — priceless!

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: May 8, 2014 19:26

Dear God, that Hey Negrita video: not their finest moment. They look and sound like a bunch of court jesters playing absolute crap.

Date: May 9, 2014 01:32

DaveG
Dear God, that Hey Negrita video: not their finest moment. They look and sound like a bunch of court jesters playing absolute crap.

WTF is Mick wearing? No wonder Keith had had it with Preston by 1977. How much can one man take?

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: May 9, 2014 03:23

Sounds damn funky to me! As for Hey Negrita... What a groove! I find Mick and Billys dancing to be rather amusing, and I'm sure that was the idea! It's even funnier when some are so unsettled by it!

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: May 9, 2014 04:11

71Tele
DaveG

WTF is Mick wearing? No wonder Keith had had it with Preston by 1977. How much can one man take?

And what again were the objections to Prince opening for the Stones a handful of years later...?

winking smiley

And, no Glam Descendant, my comment doesn't mean that I have never seen the promo video before,
so save your "God grief!" comment for a rainy day.

swiss

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: May 10, 2014 07:02

swiss
71Tele
DaveG

And what again were the objections to Prince opening for the Stones a handful of years later...?

winking smiley

And, no Glam Descendant, my comment doesn't mean that I have never seen the promo video before,

swiss

Well it *is* a rainy day, swiss miss but, weather aside, I'll distribute my "God grief" comments as I see fit. I already apologized for misdirecting my disparage in your general direction so I can't fathom why your panties are in a wad.

Oy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-05-10 07:20 by Glam Descendant.

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: May 10, 2014 07:50

Glam Descendant
swiss
71Tele
DaveG

winking smiley

swiss

Well it *is* a rainy day, swiss miss but, weather aside, I'll distribute my "God grief" comments as I see fit. I already apologized for misdirecting my disparage in your general direction so I can't fathom why your panties are in a wad.

Oy!

I was there in LA for those shows. The objection? Nobody knew who he was. Controversy hadn't even been released yet; maybe it came out that month. Keep in mind, though, that was still the "Too much beer, too much marijuana" crowd.

Date: May 10, 2014 08:51

It's not the gayness per se I fault, it's the silliness. Nobody can really claim these bromance dances between our Mick and Billy have aged well, can they? Mick is best when the camp is in the right proportion. He had dialed up the camp-o-meter a bit too much in this phase. I also don't see what it has to do with The Purple One.

Posted by: Redhotcarpet ()
Date: May 10, 2014 11:07

DandelionPowderman

Love it

Date: May 10, 2014 11:19

DaveG

Playing crap??

Posted by: Torres ()
Date: May 10, 2014 12:05

There are a lot of macho men among stones fans, who can't deal very well with the androgynous Mick of those times. These videos are so cool to watch, and Billy was such an artist.

The crazy moves were basically a provocation, nothing more. And after all these years, we can see from some reactions here that the provocative effect still works, people still feel unconfortable. That's amazing!

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: May 10, 2014 12:07

Torres
There are a lot of macho men among stones fans, who can't deal very
well with the androgynous Mick of those times. These videos are so cool
to watch, and Billy was such an artist.

The crazy moves were basically a provocation, nothing more. And after
all these years, we can see from some reactions here that the provocative
effect still works, people still feel unconfortable.
That's amazing!

thumbs up

Posted by: veronus ()
Date: May 10, 2014 14:02

So great that video

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 10, 2014 14:24

Torres
There are a lot of macho men among stones fans, who can't deal very well with the androgynous Mick of those times. These videos are so cool to watch, and Billy was such an artist.

The crazy moves were basically a provocation, nothing more. And after all these years, we can see from some reactions here that the provocative effect still works, people still feel unconfortable. That's amazing!

Nope, for me it's nowt to do with adrogynous Mick or Billy being gay etc etc, it's that a modern day version of all that would be the stones giving Chuck a solo spot complete with stupid gangnam style dancing or something.

Provocative? Nah, just crap n silly.

Posted by: strat72 ()
Date: May 10, 2014 18:58

His Majesty
Torres

Nope, for me it's nowt to do with adrogynous Mick or Billy being gay etc etc, it's that a modern day version of all that would be the stones giving Chuck a solo spot complete with stupid gangnam style dancing or something.

Provocative? Nah, just crap n silly.

One of the things I love about the Stones compared to some other acts is that they, at times can be silly! Tongue planted firmly in cheek! They always had a sense of humour.....

Date: May 10, 2014 19:47

strat72

One of the things I love about the Stones compared to some other acts is that they, at times can be silly! Tongue planted firmly in cheek! They always had a sense of humour.....

Ok, Chuck should get a solo spot and Jagger can dance gangnam style. smiling bouncing smiley

Date: May 10, 2014 19:50

That's passé already, Phil grinning smiley

Date: May 10, 2014 19:55

DandelionPowderman

Bit like the stones by 1975. grinning smiley

Date: May 10, 2014 19:57

His Majesty
DandelionPowderman

Bit like the stones by 1975. grinning smiley

Sex campy stuff is still a laugh. Watch the ESC later tonight grinning smiley

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2377
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home