Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Take me to the airport
Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: May 9, 2014 23:44

I've no idea if this sort of thread is allowed or encouraged here, but anyway, a little bedtime story which I guess quite a few of you will identify with.

I'm moving abroad for several months tomorrow. Tonight, I said goodbye to my girlfriend - we won't see each other for a long time. I'm still quite young (in my early twenties) and she's my first serious, long-term partner. The merest possibility of getting upset at having to say goodbye to her hadn't crossed my mind until I actually did it. I think it's the second or third time I've cried in my adult life. Anyway, it was not nice at all and I felt like crap. Then I got on the tube home and put No Expectations on my iPod. I won't say it made everything better, but it was incredibly comforting all the same.

Sorry for the boring post, but I felt the need to write it here knowing that many of you will have had similar experiences. The Stones have provided the soundtracks to many of our lives, whether we're young or old; the music we listen to the most interjects into our lives at important moments and that's really how it becomes part of who we are. So thank you to Mick, Keith, Brian, Bill and Charlie for having cheered me up this evening, now matter how indirectly.

Re: OT: Take me to the airport
Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: May 10, 2014 00:37

... and Nicky.

Posted by: DaveG ()
Date: May 10, 2014 00:46

Hey,that was NOT boring. That is a real slice of life, and music brought comfort to you, particularly Stones music. I imagine there are lots of such stories.

Thanks for sharing it, and I hope the several months apart go quickly for you both!

Posted by: Stoneburst ()
Date: May 10, 2014 00:53

His Majesty
... and Nicky.

My bad.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: May 10, 2014 00:53

Till the Next Goodbye caused me the same feeling, when I heard it after saying goodbye to my ex-girlfriend.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: May 10, 2014 01:53

Very sweet story Stonesburst, thanks for sharing. I'm glad the Stones helped to make you feel better. DaveG is right, we have all had moments like that. Keep listening to your favorite music and before you know it, you and your girl will be back together again. smiling smiley

Date: May 10, 2014 03:44

I think we all have our personal stone song moments. I do life story writing as my job. Maybe I ought to start something like this. So many of us would have our song memories, not just with the Stones, but for any style of music down through the years.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: May 10, 2014 08:56

I'm not trying to be funny, but is her name Angie?

Posted by: thosewildhorses ()
Date: May 10, 2014 09:18

Stoneburst, the great thing is you'll be back! thumbs up

Posted by: Aquamarine ()
Date: May 10, 2014 09:59

Skype, Stoneburst, Skype! Sweet story--your girlfriend is lucky to have a guy with great taste! And you'll be back together in no time. smiling smiley

Posted by: SilverBlanket ()
Date: May 10, 2014 11:50

Ah, no expectations has got me though many a poignant moment in my life so far.

Posted by: RoughJusticeOnYa ()
Date: May 10, 2014 16:18

Have a safe journey, Stoneburst. Kudos!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: May 10, 2014 16:57

shattered
I'm not trying to be funny, but is her name Angie?

If you asked if her name was Negrita, that would be funny.

Nice post stonesburst...and don't worry if your heart breaks.

It's built to do that several times over and over.

Best of luck to you on this one though!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2360
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home