Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT : "feature writing" - a defintion, please...
Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 24, 2005 23:57

It is a bit hard do definite what is feature writing. Essays? Portrays of human being? Psychology ? It seems it is not a special field as music, economics, sports.. Your comments are more than welcome, it has been six months I try do get a good picture of this notion.

Re: OT : "feature writing" - a defintion, please...
Posted by: jostorm ()
Date: May 25, 2005 01:04

try having a look at www.answers.com/topic/news-style , there's a very concise definition and several examples

Posted by: mark ()
Date: May 25, 2005 02:15

If I am correct it may not reffer to a specific 'kind' of writing more than it may apply to who or what you are writing for and it being published as their 'feature' piece (most improtant, most indepth, selling feature on cover).

So a feature piece as I am describing it could be for any one of the examples you gave, or subject, but would be considered the most comprehensive to be published in a particular field or publication.

Let's talk universal language here....Playboy runs feature piece on "The girls who slept with Mick". That should clear it up.

That's just an application of the term around these parts.

Posted by: The Joker ()
Date: May 25, 2005 02:41

Thanks to both of you. Indeed, it seems "feature writing" is defined by opposition with breaking news. Hence, it does not cover a specific field.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1851
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home