Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...96979899100101102103104105106Next
Current Page: 105 of 106
OT: The Who stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: October 27, 2023 17:57

Great conversation with Pete and Justin Richmond on the Broken Record Podcast.

Re: OT: The Who stuff
Posted by: 999 ()
Date: November 21, 2023 21:53

[www.amazon.fr]

112 € for such a box !

I'd call that a bargain

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: November 22, 2023 01:39

Definitely. Considering I saw it in a store for 350 euros.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: November 23, 2023 08:42

Back to 300€ ! Definitely a bargain !

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: January 20, 2024 22:19

The WHO are playing on Monday 18th and Wednesday 20th March at the RAH, their usual contribution to the Teenage Cancer Trust week that is a yearly occurence at the RAH.

I noticed it said "with orchestra", so if I had to guess, they might be similar shows to what we got last year. And those were brilliant. I caught them in Berlin & in London. The WHO never seem to disappoint, don't recall ever having seen them when they've been anything less than simply fantastic.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: johnnythunders ()
Date: January 21, 2024 21:50

Tickets for the RAH were tricky because no presales but investing £45 in becoming a Friend of the RAH seemed to pay off with a couple of Arena A seats for the 18th. Half an hour later after saying no repeatedly to a variety of lesser seats, Ticketmaster of all people threw up another pair of Arena A seats for the Wednesday. Result!

Date: January 22, 2024 14:09

johnnythunders
Tickets for the RAH were tricky because no presales but investing £45 in becoming a Friend of the RAH seemed to pay off with a couple of Arena A seats for the 18th. Half an hour later after saying no repeatedly to a variety of lesser seats, Ticketmaster of all people threw up another pair of Arena A seats for the Wednesday. Result!

Yes indeed Good Sir, a wise investment is that £45 to become a friend of the RAH. I got an aisle seat in row 9 in the arena for the 18th, and then a pretty good stalls seat in block G/H for the 20th.

Jeez, all these great bands are getting on up there in years. Every time I see the mighty WHO, I shudder a little and think "could that have been the last time" ? Dreadful thought. So if they're good enough to still be out there all these years on, the least we all can do is be there to love 'em and worship 'em. Because once they're gone, live music will be much the poorer !

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: January 22, 2024 15:12

paulywaul
johnnythunders

Yes indeed Good Sir, a wise investment is that £45 to become a friend of the RAH. I got an aisle seat in row 9 in the arena for the 18th, and then a pretty good stalls seat in block G/H for the 20th.

Jeez, all these great bands are getting on up there in years. Every time I see the mighty WHO, I shudder a little and think "could that have been the last time" ? Dreadful thought. So if they're good enough to still be out there all these years on, the least we all can do is be there to love 'em and worship 'em. Because once they're gone, live music will be much the poorer !

I saw them at Badminton on the same tour. Roger said on stage "that next year (i.e. now THIS year) will be their 60th anniversary and I think that's enough"
There is a very good chance these 2 shows will indeed be their last hurrah.

I agree that live music will much be the poorer as that generation moves on. We're lucky to have had what we've had for so long. I can see a few acts following Abba down the hologram route. Seemingly Elvis's people are keen on the idea. The technology involved is only going to get better and people will be able to "experience" (ha bloody ha) these oldie acts at their mid 20s peak in perpetuity! Not the same as the real thing though, no matter how old.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 22, 2024 15:21

grzegorz67
paulywaul
johnnythunders

I saw them at Badminton on the same tour. Roger said on stage "that next year (i.e. now THIS year) will be their 60th anniversary and I think that's enough"
There is a very good chance these 2 shows will indeed be their last hurrah.

I agree that live music will much be the poorer as that generation moves on. We're lucky to have had what we've had for so long. I can see a few acts following Abba down the hologram route. Seemingly Elvis's people are keen on the idea. The technology involved is only going to get better and people will be able to "experience" (ha bloody ha) these oldie acts at their mid 20s peak in perpetuity! Not the same as the real thing though, no matter how old.

In the linar note to World Gone Wrong Bob Dylan wrote: 'technology to wipe out truth is now available. not everybody can afford it but it's available. when the cost comes down look out!' (that was in 1993)

Date: January 22, 2024 16:48

grzegorz67
paulywaul
johnnythunders

There is a very good chance these 2 shows will indeed be their last hurrah

Noooooooooooooooooooo ! I can't bear the thought, but you never know - you could well be right !

F**k, where's the nearest gunshop ? I might have to do away with myself. A world without a WHO gig to look forward to ? Unthinkable !

Date: January 22, 2024 16:51

A bit odd that they're playing twice during the Teenage Cancer Trust week ? Don't recall them ever having done that before ? confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 22, 2024 17:29

paulywaul
A bit odd that they're playing twice during the Teenage Cancer Trust week ? Don't recall them ever having done that before ? confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley

Date: January 22, 2024 17:35

slewan
paulywaul

I stand corrected in that case ..........

Date: March 1, 2024 13:24

1 Mar 2024

Roger Daltrey celebrates his 80th birthday!

[www.thewho.com]

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: March 1, 2024 16:31

Yup, knew Roger was 80 today. A very happy birthday to the wee man! He was still rocking when I saw the Who at Badminton last Summer.

Posted by: Lynd8 ()
Date: March 11, 2024 21:09

Pete and Roger have signed limited editions of this forthcoming Buddy Holly book for you well heeled fans. It's big price tag but it's for charity at least.

[www.genesis-publications.com]

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: March 12, 2024 15:15

"I'm a seeker, I'm a really desperate man''

Does anyone have a spare ticket for next week they would love to
pass on to a long-time and very much appreciative fan? The Albert Hall shows are next week, and although I would love to go, I simply cannot afford the outlay. I know it's a charity show, I would happily make a donation for it to the TCT.

I appreciate this is a bit of a long shot, but, I thought it was worth asking, one never knows.
Thank you

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: March 12, 2024 23:55

Lynd8
Pete and Roger have signed limited editions of this forthcoming Buddy Holly book for you well heeled fans. It's big price tag but it's for charity at least.

[www.genesis-publications.com]

Unless its not stated, which I find hard to believe, I dont see Sir Paul's involvement here which is odd considering how big of a Buddy Holly fan he is.

Date: March 13, 2024 16:30

peoplewitheyes
"I'm a seeker, I'm a really desperate man''

Does anyone have a spare ticket for next week they would love to
pass on to a long-time and very much appreciative fan? The Albert Hall shows are next week, and although I would love to go, I simply cannot afford the outlay. I know it's a charity show, I would happily make a donation for it to the TCT.

I appreciate this is a bit of a long shot, but, I thought it was worth asking, one never knows.
Thank you

Some tickets are still available on the RAH site - face value of course.
[tickets.royalalberthall.com]

Date: March 14, 2024 15:25

Thank you Manofwealthandtaste, I have seen some tickets available on Twickets too, but as a poor (financially) father of 3, I just can't justify that outlay, hence my rather desperate begging message!

I'm a man of taste, just the wealth is missing!

Date: March 16, 2024 17:36

Thank you Manofwealthandtaste, I have seen some tickets available on Twickets too, but as a poor (financially) father of 3, I just can't justify that outlay, hence my rather desperate begging message!

I'm a man of taste, just the wealth is missing!

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: March 16, 2024 20:03

paulywaul
grzegorz67
paulywaul
johnnythunders

There is a very good chance these 2 shows will indeed be their last hurrah

Noooooooooooooooooooo ! I can't bear the thought, but you never know - you could well be right !

F**k, where's the nearest gunshop ? I might have to do away with myself. A world without a WHO gig to look forward to ? Unthinkable !

Notwithstanding their age and anything being possible of course, I'd say it's highly likely they'll be back given that they've announced "Who's Last" several times over the decades - and always been back.

I'd wager they'd make it a really big 2 year-Elton-style good-bye.

Just my 2 cents.

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: March 17, 2024 00:23

The ‘14-‘17 tour was talked about as being the end. They got a second wind with the orchestra shows in ‘19-‘23. I expect these RAH shows to be actually it.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: March 17, 2024 06:25

^ What he said.

Date: March 17, 2024 13:08

As a taster for tomorrow night this has just been released
[onlyrockandroll.london]

Date: March 18, 2024 14:53

At tonight’s Royal Albert Hall gig 15 minutes has been set aside for a presentation before the Who come on stage

Does this sound a bit retrospective? Maybe a history of the band? Or I guess something about their involvement with the Teenage Cancer Trust over the years?

They are scheduled to play for over 2 hours….

Posted by: spikenyc ()
Date: March 18, 2024 18:51

Daltrey announces solo US tour this summer

[www.brooklynvegan.com]

Date: March 19, 2024 12:35

The Who review, Royal Albert Hall: Sixties legends prove themselves the most hardy and unworn act of their era

Fumbled microphone twirls and malfunctioning hearing aids only add to the charm of a momentous, turbo-charged set for the Teenage Cancer Trust

Mark Beaumont
March 19, 2024

[www.independent.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-03-19 12:56 by bye bye johnny.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: March 19, 2024 12:57

Those five stars are fully merited. Pete and Roger delivered the goods yet again - and how! Looking forward to the next one on Wednesday.

Date: March 19, 2024 13:39

A great review.......I am also looking forward to tomorrow night!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...96979899100101102103104105106Next
Current Page: 105 of 106

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1715
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home