Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 106
Re: OT: The Who stuff
Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: December 14, 2022 19:02

slewan
The Who are playing Berlin Waldbühne in June.
It's all reserved seating (which is quite surprising for Waldbühne – as we all know there's usually no reserved seating inside the various blocks)

Yeah. No reserved seating at a Who concert?

What could possibly go wrong?

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 14, 2022 20:38

hockenheim95
slewan
The Who are playing Berlin Waldbühne in June.
It's all reserved seating (which is quite surprising for Waldbühne – as we all know there's usually no reserved seating inside the various blocks)

Got my Tickets this morning. You can choose better seats on www.myticket.de than on Eventim!

Yup, got my tickets this morning too. Delighted !! Stones at the Waldebühne in 2022, the WHO at the Waldebühne in 2023 !! Life is good !!

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 14, 2022 21:40

saw them once some 25 years ago. It was good but I don't feel any urge to see them again

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 14, 2022 22:24

slewan
saw them once some 25 years ago. It was good but I don't feel any urge to see them again

Well, we won't be seeing you at the Waldebühne on 20th June 2023 then, will we ?

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: December 19, 2022 11:43

I am quite surprised this hasn't appeared anywhere in the official TW website, but since about a week ago the date of June 17th has them performing in:

Firenze Rocks

[www.firenzerocks.it]

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: December 19, 2022 12:22

paulywaul
slewan

Well, we won't be seeing you at the Waldebühne on 20th June 2023 then, will we ?

right

Posted by: Wroclaw ()
Date: December 19, 2022 14:44

Be there too.... though most likely at the chepest seat available... (last row, the 70+ EU ones...).

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: December 20, 2022 11:03

They're playing the La Defense arena next year (remember the Stones 2017 shows?), I don't see how they're gonna fill that place, I'mma sit this one out.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: December 20, 2022 11:30

Saw them in 2016, 2019, and 2022. 2016 was way more rocking, but the orchestra show I saw in 2019 was a close second in it's epic-ness (plus Eddie Vedder showed up). This year was also good, but they're just that much older now.

The Who! Rockin roll circus!
Posted by: Eleanor Rigby ()
Date: January 1, 2023 17:05

Way better than the Stones unfortunately

Sorry this was edited by bv...this was in reference to the rock n roll circus 1968

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-01-06 16:41 by Eleanor Rigby.

Date: January 1, 2023 20:10

Rock n roll circus...1968....The Who blew Stones off the stage.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: January 1, 2023 20:28

slewan

10 years ago for me at Bercy and ditto, they don't really have that magic that keeps you wanting to go back again and again like another band we know ;-) Well at least they no longer have it, might have been different when The Ox was still around...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 4, 2023 00:07

mosthigh
Saw them in 2016, 2019, and 2022. 2016 was way more rocking, but the orchestra show I saw in 2019 was a close second in it's epic-ness (plus Eddie Vedder showed up). This year was also good, but they're just that much older now.

Hey mosthigh, I saw 2016 and 2019 Vancouver shows, liked 2016 a lot more, not that 2019 was bad. Where did you see them in 2022? I'll definitely see them again if they come back here.

Posted by: snorton ()
Date: January 4, 2023 16:42

I saw them in Sacramento, on the last tour, enjoyed the show.
I got Pete's setlist, can't post a pic, if anybody wants to post it, email me.

Posted by: BeastyBurdeny ()
Date: January 4, 2023 21:20

Saw them in 06 (edmonton), 2016 (Vancouver), and 2019 (Vancouver). 2016 was my fav of the bunch. I'd really enjoy seeing them play A Quick One with the orchestra, or dust off some deep cuts from Who Are You, but aside from that I'd like to see them again without the orchestra.

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: January 4, 2023 21:47

Only time I saw them was 2015. Very good show!

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: January 4, 2023 22:29

DGA35
mosthigh

Hey mosthigh, I saw 2016 and 2019 Vancouver shows, liked 2016 a lot more, not that 2019 was bad. Where did you see them in 2022? I'll definitely see them again if they come back here.

The sound at the 2016 gig was excellent, one of the best sounding gigs I’ve heard in Rogers…. (It could also be the fact this was the first time I’d seen The Who indoors, previous 3-4 times all outdoors)

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: January 4, 2023 22:35

I saw The Who once, in 1982 - they did indeed blow the 1981 Stones away.

Date: January 5, 2023 04:27

Paddy
DGA35
mosthigh

The sound at the 2016 gig was excellent, one of the best sounding gigs I’ve heard in Rogers…. (It could also be the fact this was the first time I’d seen The Who indoors, previous 3-4 times all outdoors)

Hey Paddy, I might have mentioned it back then that the 2016 show was the best sounding I've heard at Rogers! A few recent shows I've seen also sounded really good, Killers and Bryan Adams. Elton also sounded pretty good at BC Place.

Re: The Who! Rockin roll circus!
Date: January 6, 2023 16:43

See Me Feel Me...Woodstock would have to be one of the great performances!

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 7, 2023 02:27

DGA35
Paddy
DGA35
mosthigh

Hey Paddy, I might have mentioned it back then that the 2016 show was the best sounding I've heard at Rogers! A few recent shows I've seen also sounded really good, Killers and Bryan Adams. Elton also sounded pretty good at BC Place.

I caught Elton Friday at BC Place in Vancouver. I was sitting sidestage facing Elton and the sound was quite exceptional there, with three separate speaker columns facing towards me.

I saw The Who the next night at Climate Pledge (Lemon Pledge?) Arena in Seattle. The sound was also quite good, although Pete's guitar was low in the mix sometimes.

To round out the weekend I saw Bob Weir (Grateful Dead) at The Paramount in Seattle on Sunday. I liked the fact he didn't have a lead guitar, but had strings, horns, pedal steel, and even bagpipes on a few tunes.

Date: January 7, 2023 09:35

mosthigh
DGA35
Paddy
DGA35
mosthigh

I caught Elton Friday at BC Place in Vancouver. I was sitting sidestage facing Elton and the sound was quite exceptional there, with three separate speaker columns facing towards me.

I saw The Who the next night at Climate Pledge (Lemon Pledge?) Arena in Seattle. The sound was also quite good, although Pete's guitar was low in the mix sometimes.

To round out the weekend I saw Bob Weir (Grateful Dead) at The Paramount in Seattle on Sunday. I liked the fact he didn't have a lead guitar, but had strings, horns, pedal steel, and even bagpipes on a few tunes.

Hey mosthigh, did you see 2019 Who in Seattle or Van? Eddie came out and sang with the band in Vancouver, too. Pete said he followed the band up from Seattle. Did you try to get Elton Tacomadome tickets?

Posted by: tommycharles ()
Date: January 8, 2023 06:07

mosthigh

Unfortunately that's been an element of their whole 2022 tour. There were still some moments where Pete let rip, but overall he's been buried in the mix compared to 2019.

The Climate Pledge show this year was great, even so.

Posted by: StonesSoCal ()
Date: January 8, 2023 12:45

Someone may have already posted this, but I thought the Who played great at Desert Trip both weekends. Clearly I was there for the Stones, but the Who were a highlight for me as well. Very energetic, loud, and overall stellar playing and I thought Roger was in good vocal form.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 8, 2023 20:17

I thought the Who were much better than the Stones at Desert Trip - both weekends.

Posted by: daspyknows ()
Date: January 8, 2023 20:42

StonesSoCal
Someone may have already posted this, but I thought the Who played great at Desert Trip both weekends. Clearly I was there for the Stones, but the Who were a highlight for me as well. Very energetic, loud, and overall stellar playing and I thought Roger was in good vocal form.

I thought the Desert Trip Who set was the best one since 1979 at MSG for me. Saw them a bunch of times over the years.

OT: The Who stuff
Posted by: bye bye johnny ()
Date: January 30, 2023 16:35

30 Jan 2023

The Who announce a UK Summer tour and a new live album

--

THE WHO WITH ORCHESTRA LIVE AT WEMBLEY

RELEASED 31st MARCH

[www.thewho.com]

Posted by: Matt1984 ()
Date: January 30, 2023 20:09

Nice that they are playing not far from me in Durham, but don’t think I could ever go to a Who show - Daltrey’s arrogance has always bothered me.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: January 30, 2023 20:21

I would love to see them at Edinburgh Castle - what an amazing setting, and a beautiful city.

And really looking forward to the new LIVE release as those shows with the orchestra were excellent....thumbs up

Long live The Who..............

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 31, 2023 13:10

bye bye johnny

THE WHO WITH ORCHESTRA LIVE AT WEMBLEY

RELEASED 31st MARCH

[www.YouTube.com] - [SuperDeluxeEdition.com]

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...949596979899100101102103104...LastNext
Current Page: 99 of 106

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1859
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home