Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...107108109110111112113114115116117Next
Current Page: 116 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC stuff
Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: February 15, 2024 06:39

RollingFreak
BeastyBurdeny
Bastion
PaintMonkeyManBlack
RollingFreak
GasLightStreet
AC/DC will rock just fine without Phil or Cliff. Matt Laug is closer to Phil's groove than any other drummer they've ever had.

They'll sell fine, but good god, Brian just can't do it anymore. I'm very sad to say. If you can look past it, yeah, Angus still absolutely crushes it, but I won't lie and pretend Brian sounds good.

Dry desert sand...

But not a good sign giving confidence he can do a whole tour on a good level.

Yikes.

Very bad.

That was honestly better than I was expecting. Not a slam dunk for Brian, but not Bon Jovi levels bad by any means. Could see him improving with the tour and using his voice more regularly.

McCartney Sound pretty bad in Seattle for the Got Back tour and sounded significantly better in videos from the Australia tour a year later. Didn't sound like he did 20 years ago, but definitely better.

Its possible I'm being too harsh on Brian, but I do think thats giving him way too much leeway. It wasn't the desert, this was the guy they dumped in 2016, allegedly because of his hearing but there are rumors of vocal troubles then. His first show back and he really doesn't sound good. There's videos of Highway To Hell that is the worst Highway To Hell I've ever heard. I'm not happy about it, its not how I want AC/DC to sound when usually they are note perfect. I hope, HOPE, he's great for a tour, but I was skeptical of his return and Desert Trip didn't do anything to quell those. I think his voice is shot but they just still want to get out there. And they need Brian if they're now not gonna have Phil or Cliff. Its a no win situation, but hopefully they prove me wrong. Nothing at the moment in my mind to suggest they will. Brian's old, I don't blame him at all and thats hard stuff to sing.

To those bashing on Brian Johnson...

The Rolling Stones 1975-76 tours ring a bell?

Come on. Give it up.

Posted by: Bastion ()
Date: February 15, 2024 10:34

GasLightStreet
RollingFreak
BeastyBurdeny
Bastion
PaintMonkeyManBlack
RollingFreak
GasLightStreet
AC/DC will rock just fine without Phil or Cliff. Matt Laug is closer to Phil's groove than any other drummer they've ever had.

They'll sell fine, but good god, Brian just can't do it anymore. I'm very sad to say. If you can look past it, yeah, Angus still absolutely crushes it, but I won't lie and pretend Brian sounds good.

Dry desert sand...

Yikes.

Very bad.

That was honestly better than I was expecting. Not a slam dunk for Brian, but not Bon Jovi levels bad by any means. Could see him improving with the tour and using his voice more regularly.

McCartney Sound pretty bad in Seattle for the Got Back tour and sounded significantly better in videos from the Australia tour a year later. Didn't sound like he did 20 years ago, but definitely better.

Its possible I'm being too harsh on Brian, but I do think thats giving him way too much leeway. It wasn't the desert, this was the guy they dumped in 2016, allegedly because of his hearing but there are rumors of vocal troubles then. His first show back and he really doesn't sound good. There's videos of Highway To Hell that is the worst Highway To Hell I've ever heard. I'm not happy about it, its not how I want AC/DC to sound when usually they are note perfect. I hope, HOPE, he's great for a tour, but I was skeptical of his return and Desert Trip didn't do anything to quell those. I think his voice is shot but they just still want to get out there. And they need Brian if they're now not gonna have Phil or Cliff. Its a no win situation, but hopefully they prove me wrong. Nothing at the moment in my mind to suggest they will. Brian's old, I don't blame him at all and thats hard stuff to sing.

Come on. Give it up.

Not sure what a Rolling Stones tour from 50 years ago has to do with any of this? Is that your only frame of reference?

Date: February 15, 2024 11:52

RollingFreak
BeastyBurdeny
Bastion
PaintMonkeyManBlack
RollingFreak
GasLightStreet

Dry desert sand...

Yikes.

Very bad.

It wasn't the desert, this was the guy they dumped in 2016, allegedly because of his hearing but there are rumors of vocal troubles then.
What rumours? Never heard of those, please elaborate.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: February 15, 2024 18:30

PaintMonkeyManBlack
RollingFreak
BeastyBurdeny
Bastion
PaintMonkeyManBlack
RollingFreak
GasLightStreet

Dry desert sand...

Yikes.

Very bad.

It wasn't the desert, this was the guy they dumped in 2016, allegedly because of his hearing but there are rumors of vocal troubles then.
What rumours? Never heard of those, please elaborate.

No one really bought the hearing thing. I'll give you this, this doesn't say singing, thats just what I parsed from it. But a general slowing down on his part, which I took to me his voice and body were taking a toll:

[musicfeeds.com.au]

Not everyone may like Eddie Trunk, but there were tons of rumors flying in 2016 when he was so suddenly let go, and his voice needing a rest was one I read a lot. In the end, who knows cause they never strayed from the hearing story, but that whole situation was very strange.

Posted by: bobo ()
Date: February 15, 2024 19:28

GasLightStreet
RollingFreak
BeastyBurdeny
Bastion
PaintMonkeyManBlack
RollingFreak
GasLightStreet

Dry desert sand...

Yikes.

Very bad.

Come on. Give it up.

Ha ha. Those tours every day of the year before Brian J.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: February 16, 2024 12:15

Ticket sale for Germany started 16-Feb-2024 on [www.Eventim.de] - Golden Circle is € 182.75 .

Seating chart booking (Hannover) - [www.Eventim.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-16 14:20 by Irix.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: February 16, 2024 13:24

Did you score?

Date: February 16, 2024 13:50

Yes. But when the ticket sale started, Golden Circle only popped up from time to time for certain German venues.

Date: February 16, 2024 13:55

Germany: second dates for Dresden (Jun, 19) and Hannover (Aug, 4) now added - [www.Eventim.de] .

Date: February 16, 2024 14:00

Bingo!

Date: February 16, 2024 14:05

hockenheim95

I think the rumoured shows in Dresden and Hannover will be announced If they're selling good.

Seems there's strong demand (despite the new lineup).

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: February 16, 2024 14:26

I got front standing for Wembley on the Sunday. Seems like a huge demand for tickets. Can't wait!

Date: February 16, 2024 16:24

Not an easy ticket but Golden Circle Gelsenkirchen 1.

AMS was prefered but no golden circle there.

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: February 16, 2024 17:50

Irix
hockenheim95

I think the rumoured shows in Dresden and Hannover will be announced If they're selling good.

Seems there's strong demand (despite the new lineup).

yeah, it's quite amazing that the sold out all original announced German shows within a few hours. The additional shows in Dresden and Hannover already went on sale a few hours ago.

(I guess most ticket buyers aren't aware of the new lineup yet)

Posted by: schwonek ()
Date: February 16, 2024 17:53

slewan
(I guess most ticket buyers aren't aware of the new lineup yet)

Maybe - but often many, many people are only aware of certain figures in a band. Eg. most people know Mick and Keith but thats it. Same for AC/DC. I am a big fan but most people only know TNT, Highway to Hell any maybe Angus Young. That's it. So as long as they play the songs - 95% of the people will have a really good time during the coming AC/DC concerts. I am glad they are still touring. An 182 for a Golden Circle ticket is ok. 160 in the back is a lot...

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: February 16, 2024 18:09

Couldn't score any floor tickets . Hundreds straight to secondary markets as usual . Same with the Stones . Sick of the whole ticketing BS .Will wait it out for DC until resellers start panicking .

sc uk

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: February 16, 2024 20:29

Got Gelsenkirchen May 17, Amsterdam June 5 and Hannover August 4smileys with beer

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: February 16, 2024 20:31

July 7 at Wembley for me

Posted by: Milan ()
Date: February 16, 2024 21:49

To think 15 years ago Belgrade ticket was 48 euros...

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: February 16, 2024 23:37

Sevilla, Spain for me.
Another show added also in Sevilla .

Posted by: Paddy ()
Date: February 17, 2024 00:05

Milan

IF you got the ticket for face value. I paid €350 for a ticket on the first run of the Black Ice tour…

Posted by: Nankstone ()
Date: February 17, 2024 02:34

Paddy
Milan

IF you got the ticket for face value. I paid €350 for a ticket on the first run of the Black Ice tour…

Interesting ...
my Tix for the "Hannover Messe" for the Black Ice Tour 2010 was €80 (normal standing)

On the PWR Up Tour 2024 Hanover didn't work for me - but I'm in Dresden #2 (Golden Circle €182)

Posted by: pjb ()
Date: February 17, 2024 06:12

3rd July Wembley for me Stones LA 10 days later long way from NZ

Date: February 17, 2024 07:33

That sounds like a lot of airline miles!

Posted by: ErwinH ()
Date: February 17, 2024 11:41

spunky
Got Gelsenkirchen May 17, Amsterdam June 5 and Hannover August 4smileys with beer

wow.... I "only" have a ticket for Amsterdam :-)

Posted by: oxegen ()
Date: February 17, 2024 12:41

Two Gold Circle in Dublin for me.

Date: February 17, 2024 13:20

spain73

Another show added also in Sevilla .

"01-June Seville, La Cartuja Stadium - Tickets on sale Feb 20" - [www.ACDC.com] , [Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com] .

Date: February 17, 2024 13:25

Posted by: FrogSugar ()
Date: February 19, 2024 22:47

Hard pass for me...I'm in Paris, and will be at the beach that week, not mingling with those stupid Olympic Game crowds...and not willing to pay crazy prices to just seen Angus and Brian.

I wish there was an official statement as to WHY Phil Rudd isn't there. He played in France a few years ago, after his legal mess, so a travel visa isn't the reason...

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: February 19, 2024 23:13

FrogSugar
Hard pass for me...I'm in Paris, and will be at the beach that week, not mingling with those stupid Olympic Game crowds...and not willing to pay crazy prices to just seen Angus and Brian.

I wish there was an official statement as to WHY Phil Rudd isn't there. He played in France a few years ago, after his legal mess, so a travel visa isn't the reason...

I think everyone needs to realize that these guys, and all classic rock bands, are in their 70s or even 80s now. Phil will be 70 in a few months, perhaps he's at the stage where he can't do a major tour anymore due to his health?

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...107108109110111112113114115116117Next
Current Page: 116 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1850
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home