Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...102103104105106107108109110111112...LastNext
Current Page: 107 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC stuff
Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: November 30, 2023 22:43

Topi
So they just posted a video asking "Are you ready for a good time"...

European tour to be announced spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: December 2, 2023 12:36

The Top 50 most streamed AC/DC songs on Spotify.
“You Shock Me All Night Long” will join the Billion Club very soon.

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Posted by: NashvilleBlues ()
Date: December 2, 2023 13:52

No Riff Raff in the top 50? What’s wrong with people?

Posted by: stargroover ()
Date: December 3, 2023 19:46

Interesting to see the prices on these tickets.Unfortunately Brian’s vocals are shot.Makes the band a poor shadow of it’s former self.Even if Phil Rudd joined em,I think it’s gonna be a third rate affair.Powerful songs need a vocalist who can deliver .The last show was embarrassing vocally.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: December 4, 2023 00:39

stargroover
Interesting to see the prices on these tickets.Unfortunately Brian’s vocals are shot.Makes the band a poor shadow of it’s former self.Even if Phil Rudd joined em,I think it’s gonna be a third rate affair.Powerful songs need a vocalist who can deliver .The last show was embarrassing vocally.

thumbs up

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 4, 2023 01:47

stargroover

Play in a lower key? Regardless, it'll be a huge tour and I'll definitely be going.

Posted by: bakersfield ()
Date: December 4, 2023 09:30

I can't believe 'Powerage' is so poorly represented here. It's their best album bu a mile.

Date: December 4, 2023 11:32

bakersfield
I can't believe 'Powerage' is so poorly represented here. It's their best album bu a mile.
It's really really really good. I think Back in Black is the Exile and Powerage the Sticky Fingers. Some like Exile better, some Sticky.

Posted by: kovach ()
Date: December 4, 2023 15:11

bakersfield

I think if this a lot like Van Halen's Fair Warning, or Queen II, a really great zolid effort thru and thru and a fan favorite, everything holds up against everything else, which is a blessing and a curse as it leads to nothing jumping out on top as a hit single for the casual listener.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: December 4, 2023 15:15

PaintMonkeyManBlack
bakersfield
It's really really really good. I think Back in Black is the Exile and Powerage the Sticky Fingers. Some like Exile better, some Sticky.

That's an interesting comparison. I would actually flip them, as BIB is more slick and polished, much like SF, whilst Powerage has a bit of dirt and grime much like EOMS. Though in doing that, that makes for an interesting fact for my personal tastes as I will take SF over EOMS every day, and Powerage over BIB as well. Hmmmmmm.

Date: December 4, 2023 15:31

bakersfield

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: December 4, 2023 15:41

I have no dog in the fight - I like ACDC but I am not a fan - and imo their 2023 return to the stage gig was quite weak and poor.

And add to that the guitars tuned a semitone lower to please Brian, the mercenary drummer and yeah you have an underwhelming perf.

Anyway I am sure they will beat another concert attendance once they go on tour.

Date: December 5, 2023 11:52

I think you're harsh smileys with beer
The band performs well, although the tone of Stevie's guitar is unsatisfactory, but this is corrected during the show. On this well-filmed, good-sounding version, we realize that Brian is drooling, but he goes all the way, and no, it's not catastrophic. He needs to lose a bit of weight, learn to manage his breath and his auditory system. The hot, dry air of Calfornia is also an aggravating factor, remember Mick during the Desert Trip.

Angus is fantastic. Matt Laug does an excellent job on drums.

AC/DC's performance was unanimously acclaimed by the fans and media present, and I'm confident for 2024.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-12-05 11:56 by powerage78.

Posted by: Captain Teague ()
Date: December 5, 2023 14:45

dcba
I have no dog in the fight - I like ACDC but I am not a fan - and imo their 2023 return to the stage gig was quite weak and poor.

And add to that the guitars tuned a semitone lower to please Brian, the mercenary drummer and yeah you have an underwhelming perf.

Anyway I am sure they will beat another concert attendance once they go on tour.

Their first gig in 7 years. They were bound to be a bit rusty. I am just glad they are back out there and will hopefully tour next year.

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: December 5, 2023 15:38

Sounds a bit dead on the tour rumors front...calm before the storm?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: December 5, 2023 15:43

Captain Teague
dcba

Their first gig in 7 years. They were bound to be a bit rusty. I am just glad they are back out there and will hopefully tour next year.

I know I've posted this before but...
I was at Power Trip.
AC/DC was fantastic live.
A triumphant return.
NOTHING underwhelming about any of it.
No worries!

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 5, 2023 17:13

bakersfield

It doesn't have a huge immediately catchy tune on it like Highway To Hell, Back In Black, You Shook Me, TNT etc. Yes, Riff Raff is excellent and should be one of those big songs... but it's not.

Gimme A Bullet is excellent. Gone Shootin' is, too.

Kinda like how some people can't believe TATTOO YOU has sold more copies than STICKY FINGERS. Or DIRTY WORK has outsold EXILE.

Besides, it's Spotify. I stopped using that in September of 2021. Perhaps I'm a rarity in regard to people that got rid of it since it's up to 574 million users.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: December 5, 2023 21:14

kovach
bakersfield

I think if this a lot like Van Halen's Fair Warning, or Queen II, a really great zolid effort thru and thru and a fan favorite, everything holds up against everything else, which is a blessing and a curse as it leads to nothing jumping out on top as a hit single for the casual listener.

I agree kovach! Many say Powerage is their favourite album but it's the poorest selling Bon era album. Similar to Fair Warning, which many VH fans say is their favourite, but it too is the poorest selling of the original DLR era.

Posted by: skytrench ()
Date: December 5, 2023 22:13

DGA35
Many say Powerage is their favourite album but it's the poorest selling Bon era album. Similar to Fair Warning, which many VH fans say is their favourite, but it too is the poorest selling of the original DLR era.

The general public will buy the albums with famous tracks like Dirty Deeds, Highway to Hell, Let There Be Rock..etc, and they might miss out on Powerage, where all the tracks are of a high standard without being so famous (flashy?).

Statistics on youtube and spotify are also dubious as they are not the listeners choice. Like now, if I choose some 70s Rolling Stones track on youtube and let it autoplay, it will play most of Hackney after, pushing the stats much more than I would have myself.

Date: December 5, 2023 23:18

Axl Rose and Phil Rudd would prevent future train wrecks.
Having seen Brian Johnson with AC/DC in the Back in Black days that was rather special and pretty darn good.However it was never close to Bon Scott.
Saw Axl with AC/DC in London and they rocked.Brian unfortunately is passed his sell by date.Sad but true.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: December 6, 2023 03:17

Powerage was their best record where everything from that Bon period came together but wasn't as slick as Highway To Hell. That album is so good front to back.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: December 6, 2023 13:23

DGA35
stargroover

Play in a lower key? Regardless, it'll be a huge tour and I'll definitely be going.

Even if this would help Brian's vocals [..which I'm not sure it would ], most AC/DC songs wouldn't work too well in other keys.

Angus uses a lot of pedal notes and open voicings...so they'd have to down tune the whole shooting match. grinning smiley

Date: December 6, 2023 16:26

stargroover
Axl Rose and Phil Rudd would prevent future train wrecks.

Sorry, but Rose and Rudd are both currently train wrecks!
Seems that Phil Rudd cannot get a working visa to leave his own country due to his past legal problems and Axl Rose is in a legal fight right now in an attempt to not be cancelled. Neither is a safe bet moving forward for Angus to lean on...

Brian is the lead singer.
For better or for worse the drummer is replaceable, and Angus knows that.

Date: December 6, 2023 23:28

Enjoy the show when it comes around Kurt

Date: December 6, 2023 23:58

stargroover
Enjoy the show when it comes around Kurt

smileys with beer

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: December 7, 2023 01:49

German newspaper says Tour announcement this Friday

[www.wn.de]

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: December 7, 2023 07:13

They have a new album to tour... if they choose to.

It's a good album - similar in quality to STIFF UPPER LIP and BLACK ICE. If they do 2-3 new songs... that's probably something.

Getting Cliff back is more than something.

Phil Rudd? Well he screwed that up himself. I forget the drummer's name from the recent performance but he was way better than Chris Slade.

They'll be fine. But you know it will be the last go. It may be a new album tour but it's really for the glory of existence.

As it should be!

Date: December 7, 2023 11:40

Rumor in Italy as well: [www.gazzettadireggio.it]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: December 8, 2023 13:15

hockenheim95

German newspaper says Tour announcement this Friday

But not even a teaser for the announcement yet on AC/DC's social media.

Date: December 8, 2023 17:34

Friday not a good day to announce anything.

There have been some very subtle video teasers from AC/DC recently, though.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...102103104105106107108109110111112...LastNext
Current Page: 107 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1923
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home