Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...107108109110111112113114115116117Next
Current Page: 112 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC stuff
Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 29, 2024 18:11

Oh, that's right, sorry! You can tell it's Monday.

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: January 29, 2024 18:43

This is a funny subject, but in the end and if it came to it I wouldn't be surprised if it's called The Stones with only Mick. Just my opinion.

Date: January 29, 2024 20:38

Stone Alone.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 30, 2024 04:19

Rumors claiming Duff McKagen filling in for Cliff. Who knows if thats BS or not. Seems convenient because of the Axl fill in that the rumor could have legs because of the obvious connection the two bands already have.

Date: January 30, 2024 06:34

At least Dean Delray ruled out Mark Evans, so maybe Duff has a shot! winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-30 06:54 by Topi.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 30, 2024 08:44

Duff is also ruled out.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: January 30, 2024 10:20

AC/DC 2024 Tour: rumor of Dublin (Croke Park) in August - [www.WN.de] - (in German). Was posted also here: [iorr.org] , [iorr.org] . Rumors about AC/DC without Cliff Williams, Phil Rudd - [www.WN.de] .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-30 12:30 by Irix.

Date: January 30, 2024 10:51

Hm, you've got the Australian Embassy saying that. Do they have diplomatic immunity if it's not true?

Date: January 30, 2024 10:51

Hm, you've got the Australian Embassy saying that. Do they have diplomatic immunity if it's not true?

Date: January 30, 2024 10:55

Irix

Also posted here: [iorr.org] .

Also-posted-here: [iorr.org]

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 30, 2024 18:20

RollingFreak
Rumors claiming Duff McKagen filling in for Cliff. Who knows if thats BS or not. Seems convenient because of the Axl fill in that the rumor could have legs because of the obvious connection the two bands already have.

Isn't GNR on tour still thru the summer? Thought I'd received an email some time ago about new dates.

Date: January 30, 2024 18:35

RollingFreak

Rumors claiming Duff McKagen filling in for Cliff.

"However, Dean Delray was able to rule out one person: Guns N' Roses bassist Duff McKagan will probably not be joining the band" - [www.WN.de] - (in German).

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 30, 2024 19:56

RollingFreak
Rumors claiming Duff McKagen filling in for Cliff. Who knows if thats BS or not.

Well, rumors making claims are:

Guesses. Not facts.

It doesn't matter if it's BS or not because it can't be if it's a rumor. Might as well say Mick Jagger is replacing Cliff.

One more fact - no one is filling in for Cliff - Cliff retired after the ROCK OR BUST tour in 2016 and announced it three years ago that he was retired from touring.

Axl filled in for Brian. Paul Gregg filled in for Cliff in 1990. That's filling in.

AC/DC will have a new bass player, for the first time since 1977.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 30, 2024 20:08

GasLightStreet
RollingFreak
Rumors claiming Duff McKagen filling in for Cliff. Who knows if thats BS or not.

Guesses. Not facts.

It doesn't matter if it's BS or not because it can't be if it's a rumor. Might as well say Mick Jagger is replacing Cliff.

One more fact - no one is filling in for Cliff - Cliff retired after the ROCK OR BUST tour in 2016 and announced it three years ago that he was retired from touring.

Axl filled in for Brian. Paul Gregg filled in for Cliff in 1990. That's filling in.

Yeahh but with Cliff coming out of retirement for the Power Trip festival you could think he might be on the tour as well. For me it's really sad not to have him. With him I might have gone to multiple shows especially as there are 3 shows rumoured with a short drive (Stuttgart 40 min, Hockenheim 50 min, Nuremberg 120 minutes) but without Cliff and Phil I would probably stick with one Show.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 30, 2024 21:53

hockenheim95
GasLightStreet
RollingFreak

Guesses. Not facts.

Yeahh but with Cliff coming out of retirement for the Power Trip festival you could think he might be on the tour as well. For me it's really sad not to have him. With him I might have gone to multiple shows especially as there are 3 shows rumoured with a short drive (Stuttgart 40 min, Hockenheim 50 min, Nuremberg 120 minutes) but without Cliff and Phil I would probably stick with one Show.

To me, if Brian sounded better (and I understand, it was only one show) I could stomach a lineup thats Brian, Angus, Cliff, and Stevie with a fill in drummer. I do wish Phil was there, and even though Slade wasn't perfect, he had at least been with the band at a crucial time that it felt like a solid fill in. As Simon Wright would be. But if its Brian, Angus and Stevie with a fill in rhythm section, and on top of that Brian is significantly decreased from his previous abilities...

Listen, Angus was superhuman when I saw Axl/DC in 2016. He blew me away and it was truly awe inspiring. I know he can still do it and I don't want forces that aren't him being the reason he can't. But he alone isn't all AC/DC is. Its the same way I'd love to see Jimmy Page tour and unfortunately he just can't as Led Zeppelin. Thats the position I see Angus in now, and while I hope Angus doesn't retreat like Jimmy has, I also don't love to see AC/DC performing not at their super high level, even if it doesn't affect their "legacy". Its hard to have the singer not be a strong part of the show. Keith can get away with being sloppier than Mick, thats just kinda how it is.

Date: January 31, 2024 02:00

hockenheim95
GasLightStreet
RollingFreak

Guesses. Not facts.

Cliff was clear - no more tours. He can't take it anymore. He figured that out early into the 2015-16 tour. He said he was up for doing the record with Phil and the one show. I forget how many years gap that is between the record and that show but it was agreed with Angus.

What's Angus gonna say, no?

Date: January 31, 2024 02:16

RollingFreak
hockenheim95
GasLightStreet
RollingFreak

Guesses. Not facts.

To me, if Brian sounded better (and I understand, it was only one show) I could stomach a lineup thats Brian, Angus, Cliff, and Stevie with a fill in drummer. I do wish Phil was there, and even though Slade wasn't perfect, he had at least been with the band at a crucial time that it felt like a solid fill in. As Simon Wright would be. But if its Brian, Angus and Stevie with a fill in rhythm section, and on top of that Brian is significantly decreased from his previous abilities...

Listen, Angus was superhuman when I saw Axl/DC in 2016. He blew me away and it was truly awe inspiring. I know he can still do it and I don't want forces that aren't him being the reason he can't. But he alone isn't all AC/DC is. Its the same way I'd love to see Jimmy Page tour and unfortunately he just can't as Led Zeppelin. Thats the position I see Angus in now, and while I hope Angus doesn't retreat like Jimmy has, I also don't love to see AC/DC performing not at their super high level, even if it doesn't affect their "legacy". Its hard to have the singer not be a strong part of the show. Keith can get away with being sloppier than Mick, thats just kinda how it is.

They've had lineup changes over the years just like the Stones.

It's unfortunate that Phil and Cliff won't be part of it, the last go round, but it is what it is, and since nothing has happened yet, I wouldn't be so sure to make a declaration that you won't go more than once because of things you don't know about yet.

It's amazing Brian can still talk. He might be fine for this tour.

If Stones fans truly acted the way they feel, and thought that their opinions counted enough to alter the ticket buying, the Steve Jordan era wouldn't be selling out stadiums and recording new music. There are a handful of people that are "It's not The Rolling Stones" and cry cry cry... so, ha ha, they miss out while everyone else has a great time.

With Mick, Keith and Ronnie... a bit less reduced than AC/DC will be.

Think about it - Angus is the only original member left. Yet they have their fortitude with Brian and Stevie. They've got nothing else to do but sit around and get older. Might as well do something.

Posted by: mosthigh ()
Date: January 31, 2024 05:10

At this point I'm just glad they're not all heads in jars.

Date: February 2, 2024 16:14

Take it with a grain of salt, but according to a post on acdcforum.com:

"Promoters were ready to announce the tour by late November / early December
Parts of the tour schedule have been rearranged (tour was supposed to start in Italy early May, now it looks like it will start in Germany by mid May)
Another deadline to release the tourdates has been missed in January
Looks pretty chaotic atm but I believe everything will be fine within two weeks"

Date: February 2, 2024 16:46

Rumors of a February 12th announcement and a February 16th presale.

Date: February 5, 2024 14:33

Topi
Rumors of a February 12th announcement and a February 16th presale.

Or not...[www.instagram.com]

This all reminds me of the Serge Gainsbourg song "Hold Up"

Date: February 6, 2024 10:39

Teasers are out, for those about to rock

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-06 10:41 by Topi.

Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: February 6, 2024 10:47

Here we go. Are you ready!

Date: February 6, 2024 11:06

Date: February 6, 2024 11:20

Topi

Teasers are out

[Twitter.com] , [www.Facebook.com] , [www.Instagram.com]

Date: February 6, 2024 11:44

I was giving you the honors to post the linx, because that's your job!

Anything on TikTok, though?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-06 11:44 by Topi.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 6, 2024 19:11

Topi

Would it be necessary since most rock fans still have a brain ???

Date: February 6, 2024 20:09

Brain Shake!

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: February 6, 2024 22:22

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: February 6, 2024 12:11

Topi

Would it be necessary since most rock fans still have a brain ???

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

hot smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-02-06 22:25 by shattered.

Date: February 7, 2024 07:01

Don't look now, but AC/DC actually have a page on said platform. I'll leave it to Irix to post that link.

As far as brains go, though, here's an interesting article:

[faroutmagazine.co.uk]

Dr. Tramos, a distinguished figure known for his groundbreaking research, consistently recognised as one of the Best Doctors in America for seven consecutive years during his tenure at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, gave his thoughts on how AC/DC’s music meets the human brain.

Tramos explained that AC/DC’s heavy, pulsing music can release pleasure hormones, namely endorphins and dopamine, in the brain, leading to feelings of satisfaction and well-being.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...107108109110111112113114115116117Next
Current Page: 112 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2041
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home