Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...106107108109110111112113114115116...LastNext
Current Page: 111 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC stuff
Posted by: petewasbristol ()
Date: January 21, 2024 23:45

BST Hyde Park rumoured. First payday of the year coming up so would make sense for an announcement to drop in the next week or so.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: January 22, 2024 03:13

Will Phil be able to tour Europe? I sure hope so.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: January 22, 2024 03:50

shattered
While I would want Phil there, the fact that he wasn't at Desert Trip feels like he maybe just isn't gonna tour with them. He just seems like too much of a liability. I know he recorded on Power Up, so who knows, but it almost seems like with all his issues that have prevented him from touring the last few times, I'm surprised they even entertain the option. Seems like more of a headache for them than just replacing them, which they've clearly done many times. Even though all things aside, I'd still rather see Phil and as much of the Back In Black lineup as possible.

Posted by: spunky ()
Date: January 22, 2024 06:31

petewasbristol
BST Hyde Park rumoured. First payday of the year coming up so would make sense for an announcement to drop in the next week or so.
Do you know a date for Hyde Park?

Posted by: Topi ()
Date: January 22, 2024 07:00

petewasbristol

Makes perfect sense. Andrea Bocelli to AC/DC!

Date: January 22, 2024 11:52

A friend pointed out it's AB/DC actually. Andrea can stand in if Brian can't go.

Blind leading the deaf.

*hides*

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2024-01-22 12:08 by Topi.

Date: January 23, 2024 22:20

So are they just being really slow with this announcement or are there issues that just keep pushing it back? Seems like this has been in the offing for a very long time now.

Posted by: GasLightStreet ()
Date: January 25, 2024 07:49

RollingFreak
shattered
While I would want Phil there, the fact that he wasn't at Desert Trip feels like he maybe just isn't gonna tour with them. He just seems like too much of a liability. I know he recorded on Power Up, so who knows, but it almost seems like with all his issues that have prevented him from touring the last few times, I'm surprised they even entertain the option. Seems like more of a headache for them than just replacing them, which they've clearly done many times. Even though all things aside, I'd still rather see Phil and as much of the Back In Black lineup as possible.

Chris Slade drummed on the last tour.

Date: January 25, 2024 09:53

Yeah the tour announcement delays are strange.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: January 25, 2024 15:57

Phil didn't miss PowerTrip for any other reason than his partner/friend was given until Christmas to live. So, like any sane person he didn't fancy spending 6 weeks in california rehearsing and what not

I know there were rumours he couldn't get a work visa for the states, but that was never confirmed by anyone. Whereas the above was by himself

As for Hyde Park, i don't think that's happening. I've heard two nights at Wembley (spready apart), Dublin and possibly Hampden are all we're getting sadly

Matt Laug, who drummed and did a fantastic job at Power Trip (and hopefully forever ended any chance Chris Slade would come in and ruin it again) would be the logical choice if Phil's still in the same situation as he was (nobody knows how that's going)

Cliff is a big worry for me. Not sure he wants to 'tour', but i pray he can

Being the biggest rock tour of the summer, it really should have been announced by now. Especially if it's starting in Italy in May (allegedlly)

Date: January 25, 2024 16:05

Tour start in Gelsenkirchen on May 17 according the rumoured German dates.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: January 25, 2024 17:29

Pretty sure that was just the German dates

Hot rumour that the first gig is in Italy

Date: January 25, 2024 17:36

Translated:
More and more dates are also emerging where AC/DC would settle. In Germany, this concerns concerts in Gelsenkirchen (just under 3 hours' drive from Antwerp and the place where the tour would start):
[m.gva.be]

Posted by: Dalgtor ()
Date: January 27, 2024 03:15

I think if Angus wants Phil there, he'll be there. I worry Phil maybe isn't up to it. I too worry about Cliff. But I have faith, for what would likely be their final tour, he'd want to be a part of it.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: January 27, 2024 07:52

Please keep us updated. These guys and The Stones would make a perfect summer.

Date: January 27, 2024 08:35

Dalgtor
I think if Angus wants Phil there, he'll be there. I worry Phil maybe isn't up to it. I too worry about Cliff. But I have faith, for what would likely be their final tour, he'd want to be a part of it.

It seems obvious this is it for AC/DC.

Cliff... he absolutely needs to be there.

I get the one off with another (and much better than Chris Slade) drummer but if Phil Rudd can't make the world tour... what a poor way to go out.

In a year not many will remember anyway if they do the usual with the canons etc.

At least they aren't Whitesnake... a lot of etc.

Posted by: rockerparis ()
Date: January 28, 2024 00:50

It seems that CLIFF WILLIAMS will sit out of the tour
According to comedian Dean Delray
Replacement Bassist To Be Announced Soon

Date: January 28, 2024 05:00

Probably Matt Laug on drums, bassist to be announced whenever.

Date: January 28, 2024 10:08

As long as its not slade

Seems like the delay is related to the line up?

Date: January 28, 2024 10:40

Bassists are like underwear. Need to change every once in a while.

Posted by: HardRiffin ()
Date: January 28, 2024 11:42

I hope for Darryl Jones

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 29, 2024 01:29

Topi

Cliff has been with the band the whole time. Pretty crappy time to now swap out another. And if Phil's out, what do you have Brian and Angus? I guess that's basically what the Stones are these days, too, except Brian isn't original, so then they really aren't much different than the aforementioned Whitesnake......Step above Skynyrd at this point.

Date: January 29, 2024 06:15

Bands with that kind of longevity change lineups. It happens. AC/DC is just as much Brian+Angus as the Stones are Mick+Keith.

Really though, that quip about changing bassists was just a joke on my part.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: January 29, 2024 06:27

VoodooLounge13
Topi

Cliff has been with the band the whole time. Pretty crappy time to now swap out another. And if Phil's out, what do you have Brian and Angus? I guess that's basically what the Stones are these days, too, except Brian isn't original, so then they really aren't much different than the aforementioned Whitesnake......Step above Skynyrd at this point.

Cliff joined the band in late 77 in time for the Powerage album. Original bassist Mark Evans was on High Voltage, LTBR and Dirty Deeds.

Date: January 29, 2024 08:41

Boy, people will really find any way to justify band lineup changes. Anyone, ANYONE, that knows AC/DC knows that as close to the Back In Black lineup as you can get these days is the band. If you don't have Phil or Cliff, then Angus might as well tour solo. He could get a better vocalist than Brian at this stage. If you're gonna have 4 of the 5 and you don't sound laughable, then you should tour. If you can't, then keep your integrity.

Date: January 29, 2024 10:19

I Ain't Justifying

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 29, 2024 12:38

RollingFreak
Boy, people will really find any way to justify band lineup changes. Anyone, ANYONE, that knows AC/DC knows that as close to the Back In Black lineup as you can get these days is the band. If you don't have Phil or Cliff, then Angus might as well tour solo. He could get a better vocalist than Brian at this stage.
(…)

Since Slash is on tour with Myles Kennedy Axl should be available…

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: January 29, 2024 14:39

Topi
Bands with that kind of longevity change lineups. It happens. AC/DC is just as much Brian+Angus as the Stones are Mick+Keith.

Really though, that quip about changing bassists was just a joke on my part.

I wonder if folks would still consider it The Stones with Mick and Ronnie.....that's the equivalent of Brian and Angus. And I didn't recall Mark Evans having been with them for that long (age is starting to show I guess!) Thought it was only High Voltage. But still Cliff's basically been the bassist.

Date: January 29, 2024 15:11

The Stones themselves would consider it to be the Stones, since both Ronnie and Charlie were replaceable at least as early as 2014 according to the leaked insurance policy/contract documents. There was a lawsuit which ultimately was settled out of court.

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: January 29, 2024 16:35

Topi
The Stones themselves would consider it to be the Stones, since both Ronnie and Charlie were replaceable at least as early as 2014 according to the leaked insurance policy/contract documents. There was a lawsuit which ultimately was settled out of court.

VoodooLounge13 asked about Mick and Ronnie without Keith...

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...106107108109110111112113114115116...LastNext
Current Page: 111 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2214
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home