Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 117
Re: OT: AC/DC latest news and more
Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 15, 2015 16:37

Chicago prepare yourself for THE spinal-tapish event of the year! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: September 15, 2015 17:44

pepganzo
For those about to rock is a fantastic album with strong tracks.

If I had to take one that can compete with the Back In Black tracks it´s
SNOWBALLED:

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-15 17:45 by TooTough.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: September 15, 2015 19:17

My favorite from FTATR(WSY) is Evil Walks.....and I don't think they ever performed it live.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: September 16, 2015 03:40

No Jail Break or Live Wire.

Date: September 16, 2015 06:31

shattered

...stick this in your fuse box!.....

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 16, 2015 18:10

Chicago

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: September 16, 2015 18:36

BluzDude
shattered

Did they play Live Wire?

Posted by: keefriff99 ()
Date: September 16, 2015 18:46

shattered
BluzDude
shattered

Did they play Live Wire?
I don't think AC/DC have ever played Live Wire with Brian.

Date: September 16, 2015 18:52

keefriff99
shattered
BluzDude
shattered

Did they play Live Wire?

I was thinkin they played it in Chicago and BluzDude caught it. Sorry about poppin a circuit breaker.

Date: September 16, 2015 19:11

Exact same setlist the entire tour (according to setlist.fm) so far.....

I would love to hear Jailbreak, or Live Wire even, but it won't happen on this tour.

Date: September 16, 2015 20:09

BluzDude

I would love to hear Jailbreak, or Live Wire even, but it won't happen on this tour.
Live Wire seems to be one of those songs so closely associated with Bon that AC/DC doesn't want to revisit it.

I always thought the same about Ride On, but they DID play it once with Brian on the Stiff Upper Lip tour in 2001, which was a huge shock and surprise to AC/DC fans who thought that was the one Bon song that they'd never touch again.

Posted by: powerage78 ()
Date: September 17, 2015 12:41

Yes they did. Just one time. Glasgow 1982.

[www.youtube.com]

keefriff99
shattered
BluzDude
shattered

Did they play Live Wire?

I'm just a Bad Boy Boogie

Date: September 17, 2015 15:18

powerage78
Yes they did. Just one time. Glasgow 1982.

[www.youtube.com]

keefriff99
shattered
BluzDude
shattered

Did they play Live Wire?
Good stuff! Thank you.

Date: September 17, 2015 19:46

BluzDude

Mee two, and keefriff99 brought up a great point. Guess I'm going too far back but you get really caught up in something so good.

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: September 18, 2015 16:58

they actually played Live Wire at the first night at the NEC Birmingham in 1982 also. i've yet to hear any bootleg recording of it as yet though

if it was as bad as the Glasgow version it's no wonder they never bothered again smiling smiley

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: September 19, 2015 04:52

podiumboy
DGA35
podiumboy
The reason they only did a small tour of North America this year is because they're doing all stadiums, and those are the only US cities they can sell out stadiums in. I'll bet that after South America, they'll do a Feb-April leg in the US of arena, and then next summer another run of stadiums in Europe. Then that'll probably be it... possibly forever!!!

So there's only 6 US cities they can sell out stadiums yet 7 Canadian cities they can sell out?

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying.

If you look at the tour dates for their last tour, Black Ice, you'll see that they did stadiums all over Canada, and only a few stadium shows in the US. The US had mostly arena dates. Apparently they feel ACDC has the ability to fill stadiums in Canada, but not most US cities.

There's certainly a few other US cities where they could have played stadiums; Atlanta, Dallas, Philly, Miami etc, why they aren't playing more is a good question; it could be the promoter preferring to wait for next years arena tour and not tap out too many markets (ie a stadium show in Dallas this year could hamper their chances of selling out 3 x arena shows in TX in spring); this may be the only pass thru Canada tho.

Date: September 19, 2015 05:57

jrcjohnny99
podiumboy
DGA35
podiumboy
The reason they only did a small tour of North America this year is because they're doing all stadiums, and those are the only US cities they can sell out stadiums in. I'll bet that after South America, they'll do a Feb-April leg in the US of arena, and then next summer another run of stadiums in Europe. Then that'll probably be it... possibly forever!!!

So there's only 6 US cities they can sell out stadiums yet 7 Canadian cities they can sell out?

If you look at the tour dates for their last tour, Black Ice, you'll see that they did stadiums all over Canada, and only a few stadium shows in the US. The US had mostly arena dates. Apparently they feel ACDC has the ability to fill stadiums in Canada, but not most US cities.

There's certainly a few other US cities where they could have played stadiums; Atlanta, Dallas, Philly, Miami etc, why they aren't playing more is a good question; it could be the promoter preferring to wait for next years arena tour and not tap out too many markets (ie a stadium show in Dallas this year could hamper their chances of selling out 3 x arena shows in TX in spring); this may be the only pass thru Canada tho.

I noticed this too that the entire center of the US is blank. There has to be a marketing strategy going on. Isn't Chicago the closest in the Midwest? Maybe they will come back next summer after South America.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 19, 2015 07:45

jrcjohnny99
podiumboy
DGA35
podiumboy

They won't pass thru Canada again next year, market has already been saturated: 50k in Moncton, 48k in Quebec, 40k in Montreal, 30k in Ottawa, 40k in Toronto, 34k in Winnipeg, 55k in Edmonton this weekend and 50k in Vancouver next Tuesday which I'm looking forward to! It would be good to see them do an arena tour but at this point, I don't think they could handle doing multiple arena shows, especially for Brian. Has to be tough on his voice at his age.

Posted by: jrcjohnny99 ()
Date: September 19, 2015 18:24

DGA35
jrcjohnny99
podiumboy
DGA35
podiumboy

They won't pass thru Canada again next year, market has already been saturated: 50k in Moncton, 48k in Quebec, 40k in Montreal, 30k in Ottawa, 40k in Toronto, 34k in Winnipeg, 55k in Edmonton this weekend and 50k in Vancouver next Tuesday which I'm looking forward to! It would be good to see them do an arena tour but at this point, I don't think they could handle doing multiple arena shows, especially for Brian. Has to be tough on his voice at his age.

My understanding is they are planning arenas in the US in the spring...

Date: September 19, 2015 18:42

jrcjohnny99
DGA35
jrcjohnny99
podiumboy
DGA35
podiumboy

That's good news, although my fear is that they won't modify their setlist if they return to the States, which would reduce my incentive to see them again.

They have such a rich back catalog that they barely scratch the surface of.

Date: September 20, 2015 18:26

keefriff99
jrcjohnny99
DGA35
jrcjohnny99
podiumboy
DGA35
podiumboy

That's good news, although my fear is that they won't modify their setlist if they return to the States, which would reduce my incentive to see them again.

They have such a rich back catalog that they barely scratch the surface of.

Yes. Hey....name for next summers tour: Scratch the Surface

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 21, 2015 00:41

THE AGE -- 21 September 2015

ROCKMAN

Posted by: shadooby ()
Date: September 21, 2015 02:49

Let's hear Live Wire, Brian can do it...he's still got the pipes!

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: September 23, 2015 23:38

Went to the sold out Vancouver show last night, fantastic. People couldn't believe how much energy Angus still has. Sound wasn't the greatest inside and the roof was closed. Set list is the same as all the other shows.
Traffic was a nightmare around BC Place, especially with the Canucks playing their first preseason game last night next door at Rogers Arena. Skipped the opening band although I've read good reviews about them. Reviews from local newspapers were great.
This is the first time I've seen them that Angus hasn't taken his shirt off! I'll have to check youtube to see the other shows from this tour. Also, during the chorus of You Shook Me, they show women in the audience. I'm pretty sure one they showed was actress Jennifer Morrison, who films Once Upon A Time tv show in Vancouver. She was also one of the doctors on House.
Saw quite a few Washington license plates outside since they're only playing LA and San Fran and a friend said he talked with a lot of people from Alberta since they couldn't get tickets for the Edmonton show 3 days ago.
Lots of merchandise selling, especially the devil horns which light up. They were $20 each and they probably sold around 10k or so! They lit up the stadium!

Date: September 24, 2015 00:13

DGA35
Went to the sold out Vancouver show last night, fantastic. People couldn't believe how much energy Angus still has. Sound wasn't the greatest inside and the roof was closed. Set list is the same as all the other shows.
Traffic was a nightmare around BC Place, especially with the Canucks playing their first preseason game last night next door at Rogers Arena. Skipped the opening band although I've read good reviews about them. Reviews from local newspapers were great.
This is the first time I've seen them that Angus hasn't taken his shirt off! I'll have to check youtube to see the other shows from this tour. Also, during the chorus of You Shook Me, they show women in the audience. I'm pretty sure one they showed was actress Jennifer Morrison, who films Once Upon A Time tv show in Vancouver. She was also one of the doctors on House.
Saw quite a few Washington license plates outside since they're only playing LA and San Fran and a friend said he talked with a lot of people from Alberta since they couldn't get tickets for the Edmonton show 3 days ago.
Lots of merchandise selling, especially the devil horns which light up. They were $20 each and they probably sold around 10k or so! They lit up the stadium!
Angus kept his shirt on during the entire Boston show as well. I did see a few video clips during the European tour where he'd stripped down to his shorts, but on most of the ones I saw, he'd kept it on.

Posted by: Montrealsuperfan ()
Date: September 24, 2015 07:34

Missed them in Vancouver last night- a major Jewish holiday.

I went in Edmonton Sunday night - 50,000+ and pouring rain for half the show. I was in row 10 and they absolutely killed it- amazing. I was so impressed by their professionalism. Angus did the 10 minute Let there be rock in the centre stage in the pouring rain.

they did not miss a beat......Angus or Brian (the other three stayed dry under the stage). We also got full pyro, fireworks etc. Highlights were sin city, high voltage, let there be rock etc.

For what its worth there is only one decent hotel in town and the band and fans were all staying there. Some guy at the bar claimed to be their "money man" and promised an arena tour in the US starting in April. Totally unconfirmed rumour.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: September 24, 2015 07:52

in 2016 they will be back in Europe in may/june like this year and play stadiums again

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 25, 2015 01:00

Herald Sun -- 25 September 2015

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: September 25, 2015 03:51

Interesting Rockman, they also had beer a couple years ago.

From February 28, 2013 - ACDC BEER
Never did see this in the states - would liked to have tried some.
Would have even liked to have just an empty can!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-25 03:51 by Hairball.

Date: September 29, 2015 17:43

A quick comparison of Glasgow vs. Los Angeles (as to which was better)......

Overall sound - Glasgow
Brians voice - Los Angeles
Stage presence - Dead Heat
Audience - Glasgow

Last night in L.A. - more thqn any other show I've ever seen, more people were wearing something AC/DC.

It is possible that Glasgow sounded better because I was dead center where in LA I was off to the side, but I doubt it.

Conclusion - Another great evening of Rock n Roll, but....gotta love the European crowds smileys with beer

...and by the way.....the music that played after the warm-up act over the PA was 100% Stones drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2015-09-29 18:01 by BluzDude.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3435363738394041424344...LastNext
Current Page: 39 of 117

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2043
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home