Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 10, 2014 02:44

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2016-02-08 20:44 by colonial.

Re: What's the funniest thing ya seen at a Stones concert
Posted by: DoomandGloom ()
Date: April 10, 2014 05:43

Ronnie panicking when Mick motions to extend his guitar solo.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: April 10, 2014 07:02

From the top of my head - the introduction of Charlie on the Sweet Summer Sun DVD - the look on Charlie's face, how he goes to the mic and says...Hallo! It is actually not funny, it is nice. It doesn't make me laugh, it makes me smile. One can only repeat what was said million times before - that Charlie is the most unlikely rock star, yet he is so cool.

Posted by: gagi ()
Date: April 10, 2014 08:09

Funny and sexy grinning smiley

----------------------------------------------

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 10, 2014 08:33

My seat for Brooklyn. grinning smiley

Ended up being a great time though!!!

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: April 10, 2014 09:07

Keith banging a morons head with his black tele...

2 1 2 0

Posted by: The Worst. ()
Date: April 10, 2014 09:21

Berlin 2006, on the way to the b-stage where everything went wrong.

Posted by: 1962 ()
Date: April 10, 2014 09:47

That dog in Altamont.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 10, 2014 10:04

At the second Anaheim show last year—when Mick was only about 30 feet from me—he did his "California dude" accent like he did in the SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE skit The Californians below. I was laughing so hard. He wanted us Southern Californians to feel at home.

Mick's S. Cal "dude speak" at about the 0:50 mark. (From SNL, not Anaheim):
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: April 10, 2014 10:13

Seen recently .......... Mick doing the band introductions in Shanghai and forgetting Charlie altogether. The laughs and the "recovery" were priceless, the audience started the "Charlie Charlie Charlie" chant, Mick looked suitably embarrassed for a split second before collapsing in fits of laughter as pretty much did the rest of the band, especially Ronnie. A great moment .........

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: April 10, 2014 10:17

The Worst.
Berlin 2006, on the way to the b-stage where everything went wrong.

That happened in Stockholm 2003 as well smiling smiley

It wasn't possible to recognise SFM...

Posted by: gimmelittledrink ()
Date: April 10, 2014 16:53

The false start of IORR at the Verizon Center last year. Mick: 'Ronne, stop, stop, Ronnie' while Ronnie gleefuly played on.

Posted by: michaelsavage ()
Date: April 10, 2014 17:13

Keith falling over backwards in Toronto

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: April 10, 2014 18:05

DoomandGloom
Ronnie panicking when Mick motions to extend his guitar solo.

DoomandGloom..yea Keiths a hardcase smoking smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: April 10, 2014 18:17

some humor will be very welcome in their upcoming shows..I hope its there, honestly this is unrelated but the demeanor of the band is very important..

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 10, 2014 18:22

Title5Take1
At the second Anaheim show last year—when Mick was only about 30 feet from me—he did his "California dude" accent like he did in the SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE skit The Californians below. I was laughing so hard. He wanted us Southern Californians to feel at home.

[www.youtube.com]

I thought that Californians bit was pretty funny, but from where I was sitting, it appeared that most in the Pond didn't get it when he started with the Freeway references.

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 10, 2014 18:56

Sheffield 1995 on the Voodoo Lounge Tour - a fat chap walking around the crowd in his underpants looking totally confused - dearie dear....

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: April 11, 2014 01:14

BluzDude
Title5Take1

[www.youtube.com]

I thought that Californians bit was pretty funny, but from where I was sitting, it appeared that most in the Pond didn't get it when he started with the Freeway references.

I've witnessed the truth of this line: "L.A. conversations are all about what routes to take to avoid L.A. traffic. Manhattan conversations are all about apartment hassles." People who hadn't seen the SNL skit or hadn't been in such L.A. conversations might not have gotten the joke. But having witnessed such L.A. conversations make me love that running skit and made me love Mick's bit in Anaheim. (I did have to explain Mick's bit to the person with me in Anaheim.) I've had L.A. friends visit Orange County and start panicking about finding parking outside a cinema or cafe. And I've said, "That's an L.A. problem. Not an Orange County problem. Don't worry."

Posted by: grzegorz67 ()
Date: April 11, 2014 01:22

gagi
Funny and sexy grinning smiley

----------------------------------------------

Hee hee - I was at that show and remember it well. I have it on video from Polsat too. Mick & Lisa were doing that at most shows on that tour during Miss You.

Posted by: BluzDude ()
Date: April 11, 2014 01:24

Title5Take1
BluzDude
Title5Take1

[www.youtube.com]

I've witnessed the truth of this line: "L.A. conversations are all about what routes to take to avoid L.A. traffic. Manhattan conversations are all about apartment hassles." People who hadn't seen the SNL skit or hadn't been in such L.A. conversations might not have gotten the joke. But having witnessed such L.A. conversations make me love that running skit and made me love Mick's bit in Anaheim. (I did have to explain Mick's bit to the person with me in Anaheim.) I've had L.A. friends visit Orange County and start panicking about finding parking outside a cinema or cafe. And I've said, "That's an L.A. problem. Not an Orange County problem. Don't worry."

...Gotta love it!

Parking in the OC, never been a problem for me, but the traffic at certain times of the day in the Laguna Niguel area isn't much fun.

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: April 11, 2014 04:10

gimmelittledrink
The false start of IORR at the Verizon Center last year. Mick: 'Ronne, stop, stop, Ronnie' while Ronnie gleefuly played on.

GREAT MOMENT! Unfortunately it shows you just how low in the mix Ronnie usually is.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: April 11, 2014 04:49

Keith's moustache.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 11, 2014 06:46

Jagger's football outfits in '81.

Posted by: Straycat13 ()
Date: April 11, 2014 06:47

BluzDude
Title5Take1

[www.youtube.com]

I noticed the same. I thought it was funny, myself, tho, and wished someone had it on video.

Posted by: Wuudy ()
Date: April 11, 2014 07:37

flacnvinyl
gimmelittledrink

GREAT MOMENT! Unfortunately it shows you just how low in the mix Ronnie usually is.

Sounds like keith started playing in the wrong key, maybe C.

Cheers,
Wuudy

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: April 11, 2014 07:43

Milwaukie Wisconsin 1975. A young couple sitting crosslegged facing eachother with only a blanket drapped across theit knees obviously pleasuring eachother right there in front of only about 50.000 people. Cool!

Posted by: blutsvente66 ()
Date: April 11, 2014 08:00

Prague 1998 Sportsarena. Keith leaned on the microphone stand and the Mic felt on the floor just the moment jagger had to start singing.

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 11, 2014 09:54

At Wembley: Bill on Matt Cliffords shoulders playing on his bass (I think in 1995 - no off course 1990). But Mick and Keith didn't see it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-11 14:33 by MAF.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: April 11, 2014 11:43

It would have been Wembley in 1990. Neither Wyman and Clifford were playing with the Stones in 1995.

Didn't the bridge to the B-stage not work during one of the early shows of the Bridges tour in 1997?

Posted by: MAF ()
Date: April 11, 2014 14:34

ab
It would have been Wembley in 1990. Neither Wyman and Clifford were playing with the Stones in 1995.

Yes, off course 1990...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2342
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home