Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Mick Facing His Greatest Challenge
Date: April 6, 2014 08:33

Not a day goes by that I don't think of Mick and what he must be going through. We all face loss in our lives, but the kind of loss Mick is now dealing with is not easy to bounce back from. Some never make it back exactly to where they were before. How could anyone? I am not sure if there is anyone/anything out there listening to my prayers, but it won't stop me from praying for the man. I just hope Mick realizes how loved he is by so many of us and countless others around the world. And, how so very important he and the Stones are to all of us. If anyone can do it, it's Michael Mick Jagger.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-06 08:42 by ThickerThanThieves.

Re: Mick Facing His Greatest Challenge
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 6, 2014 08:44

The Oslo crowd will wrap their coats around him along with an out-pouring of love, affection and some flowers ...

ROCKMAN

Date: April 6, 2014 08:51

I also believe that this horrible tragedy will unite the band like never before.

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: April 6, 2014 09:12

The Aussies will give Mick the love and roar of his life.
It was on our patch when the news broke, and we feel his pain.

Date: April 6, 2014 09:16

Deathgod
The Aussies will give Mick the love and roar of his life.
It was on our patch when the news broke, and we feel his pain.

thumbs upthumbs up

Posted by: sweetsummersun ()
Date: April 6, 2014 21:21

It is hard for me to believe that we're going to see the "old" Mick at the European leg. It will be just three months from his sad loss which is a very short time in my opinion. You could say that every employee in this world has to come back into his job after a few weeks, but I think it's kind of different to do his job on a stage to entertain thousands of people. Somehow I can't imagine that the gigs will be a distraction for him. Imagine singing a song like "Angie" or "Miss you" in this time? Of course everyone deals in different way with such things, but for me personally it would be pain to have to go back on stage after the loss of my life and ask the audience things like "Are you feelin' gooood?".

Posted by: Chacal ()
Date: April 6, 2014 23:22

sweetsummersun
It is hard for me to believe that we're going to see the "old" Mick at the European leg. <snip>
Of course everyone deals in different way with such things, but for me personally it would be pain to have to go back on stage after the loss of my life and ask the audience things like "Are you feelin' gooood?".

He does not HAVE to do that, really.
I expect most of the fans can do without those kind of obligatory, scripted questions.

Posted by: Lady Jayne ()
Date: April 6, 2014 23:40

I think every fan, and many who are not RS fans, wish him well. He is such a consummate professional, whatever we read into every inflection of his performances, he will survive and prosper.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: April 6, 2014 23:50

Mick is a pro.

The show must go on. He will have done his grieving and have his memories.

Date: April 7, 2014 00:02

If Mick feels like carrying on like he used to - and if that helps him in any way - he has my support and total respect.

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 7, 2014 00:07

The grieving will NOT be over with by the time they tour Europe..it will be a process, a long process but I think the distractions of touring may be a good thing. I also pray for him to have the strength to get through this...not only the pain of it but the media in his face and the intrusions into his privacy once he resumes touring. I worry that it will take something from him, something he won't be able to completely replace with work. You're right, Chacal, he can modify his performance any way he wants to suit his mood. I think that he will do a few things differently and certain songs won't be played, at least not right away...." Miss You", all ballads might be on hold..." Wild Horses" might be a tough one to sing but this is all speculation. He might be able to flip that switch and just do the shows with no alterations. Whatever works for him.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: April 7, 2014 00:29

L'Wren Scott was a lovely,beautiful woman who Mick is gonna really miss,and try and understand why this ever happened.

Life is life and hard to understand at times. sad smiley

This tour of Europe is gonna be ,(to me), in memory of L'Wren ,and I will always memorise pics of Mick and L'Wren together at functions or vacations when they looked as if life was really great.

She loved taking pics and going on twitter with her pics and comments.

So sad,so sad,.................but Mick is gonna feel he is wanted and Oslo is gonna give him and Keith,Charlie,Ronnie,Darryl and the band a fantastic welcome to Europe.

I'm gonna be there as a first timer visiting a Nordic country. smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-07 00:48 by crawdaddy.

Posted by: rob51 ()
Date: April 7, 2014 00:31

Who knows but Mick may just decide now's the time to hang it up. And who could blame him really? Money he has scads of and it's certainly not attention he needs more of so what's there left in the business for him anyway? Personally I hope they keep going a little longer but's that's for purely selfish reasons and I won't blame any of them if we've really now seen them for the very last time.

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: April 7, 2014 00:45

I'm afraid of this too

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: April 7, 2014 00:56

I can see Mick quitting the road but I think he will continue producing movies like the bioflick on James Brown that is due out this summer. That is a real passion of his and might be just what he needs to find meaning in his life...not saying he has lost the will to live but making movies is something he loves doing and it is all his, not a thing he shares with the band....and that can be a good thing!

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: April 7, 2014 01:20

I was thinking a great song to add to the set list for Europe would be "That's how strong my love is"

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: April 7, 2014 01:43

applause is highly addictive ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: April 7, 2014 02:39

sweetsummersun
It is hard for me to believe that we're going to see the "old" Mick at the European leg. It will be just three months from his sad loss which is a very short time in my opinion. You could say that every employee in this world has to come back into his job after a few weeks, but I think it's kind of different to do his job on a stage to entertain thousands of people. Somehow I can't imagine that the gigs will be a distraction for him. Imagine singing a song like "Angie" or "Miss you" in this time? Of course everyone deals in different way with such things, but for me personally it would be pain to have to go back on stage after the loss of my life and ask the audience things like "Are you feelin' gooood?".

Can't help but agree, though on the other hand I can't pretend for a minute to know how Mick Jagger feels and thinks. But if the rumour reported on the postponed shows thread turned out to be correct, I would find it hard to believe that those kind of considerations weren't a factor.

Posted by: MKjan ()
Date: April 7, 2014 03:11

sweetsummersun

Mick is strong. I can see the stage being a sanctuary of sorts. I can see the songs
being therapeutic. He'll be with his mates from many years, and his extended family of millions. I think it's a good fit.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: April 7, 2014 03:51

Sorry, but so much speculation and projection about the emotional life of someone we do not even know. I understand it's well-intentioned, but still...everyone is entitled to a private life.

Posted by: BILLPERKS ()
Date: April 7, 2014 05:09

NOT TO MAKE LIGHT OF HIS LOSS,
BUT MICK HAS THE SKIN OF A RHINO.
PERFORMING WILL BE THE LEAST OF HIS PROBLEMS.
IT WILL BE TOUGHEST WHEN THE MUSIC STOPS.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: April 7, 2014 06:12

BILLPERKS
NOT TO MAKE LIGHT OF HIS LOSS,
BUT MICK HAS THE SKIN OF A RHINO.
PERFORMING WILL BE THE LEAST OF HIS PROBLEMS.
IT WILL BE TOUGHEST WHEN THE MUSIC STOPS.

Yup, and we all know it.

Mick Will Be Fine
Posted by: chatoyancy ()
Date: April 7, 2014 07:24

Mick has been through worse. The death of Ian Stewart. Mick is intuitive.
He sensed that L'Wren was close to the edge. He did his best to help
her with medical care and calm island getaways. Depression is biochemical.

Posted by: peter wilson ()
Date: April 7, 2014 08:12

71Tele
Sorry, but so much speculation and projection about the emotional life of someone we do not even know. I understand it's well-intentioned, but still...everyone is entitled to a private life.
Very well said and totally agree

Re: Mick Will Be Fine
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: April 7, 2014 08:18

chatoyancy
Mick has been through worse. The death of Ian Stewart.

Actually I don't think he has never been in anything compared to this, and surely not with Stu's passing. But I'm with Tele71 - and BV - here that let this be a private matter. The Oslo gig will be a special night, having emotional flavor not probably any gig since Hyde Park 69 has had, and Jagger will get and feel so much compasion and empathy that he probably never have had, but despite of that, my prediction is that it will be a normal Stones gig setlistwise including Jagger's "are you feeling good!" communication with the audience. And that will make Jagger to look just stronger.

- Doxa

Posted by: alieb ()
Date: April 7, 2014 08:21

peter wilson
71Tele
Very well said and totally agree
While it has to be said that these boards are mostly based around speculation, it is true that things can be taken to far. I think that people sharing their opinions on what they think he might be feeling is alright, but when people start making broad statements like they know him personally or something then that is a problem.

This Thread has been closed

Online Users

Guests: 1723
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home