Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Out of Control live 97
Date: April 6, 2014 16:53

dcba
ThickerThanThieves

One of the Stones greatest ever! This notion that the Stones dried up artistically at the end of the seventies (or sooner) is utter nonsense!

OOC is a straight rip-off off "Papa Was a RS"...

The riff is anyway. The other stuff isn't.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: April 6, 2014 17:41

One of a few bright spots on Bridges that absolutely kills it live.

Posted by: GOO ()
Date: April 6, 2014 17:50

Msg version is great

Date: April 6, 2014 20:34

JumpingKentFlash
ThickerThanThieves
bobo
Watching the St. Louis show on dvd and put on my headphones and the last 3 minutes of Out of Control is "out of this world". What a groove......Fantastic.

One of the Stones greatest ever! This notion that the Stones dried up artistically at the end of the seventies (or sooner) is utter nonsense! Saint Of Me is a great song! Laugh, I Nearly Died is a masterpiece! The latest two are good and just wait until the new album comes out in 2015! She Saw Me Coming is another fine piece of work.

I somewhat agree, but with the added notion that if they weren't dried up, why didn't they do more albums? I would sure love to hear that Memory Hotel album. I don't think they dried up, but their urge to make albums certainly diminished. They're not bad albums at all. Bridges To Babylon is one of their best I think. Same with Voodoo Lounge. Getting back to Out Of Control, it's really one of the songs that shows how good the actually can be. I only got to hear it live once, but I'd love to hear it again. Imagine a concert that had OOC, CYHMK and MR in a row. I'd be in jam heaven!

I think that they should go into the studio again and do an album of covers and new material. To complete the circle you understand. Not saying it should be old blues covers. Have something surprising as well. Would rock.

Absolutely. Out Of Control and Saint Of Me are reminders of what great songwriters they were even as late as the late nineties. I think the recent tragedy is going to bring Mick and Keith very close again. I expect to see them back in the studio sometime within the next year recording a brand new album. Better late than never, I suppose.

Date: April 6, 2014 20:39

Bastion
The o2 version from 2012 is even better (imo).

Ronnie plays a fantastic solo:

Great version, but I would have liked to have seen Mick a little more expressive with his eyes/facial expressions like he was for the St. Louis concert. A few more horns wouldn't hurt the song either.

Date: April 6, 2014 20:44

dcba
ThickerThanThieves

One of the Stones greatest ever! This notion that the Stones dried up artistically at the end of the seventies (or sooner) is utter nonsense!

Don't see it.smiling smiley

Date: April 6, 2014 20:46

andrewt
The opening is a little dull and predictable, but the jam at the end rocks.
Always liked this version.

Fantastic version! I loved it! thumbs upthumbs up

Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: pepganzo ()
Date: April 6, 2014 21:05

great song!

Date: April 6, 2014 23:04

ThickerThanThieves
dcba
ThickerThanThieves

He might be thinking of I'm Losing You, which has the same riff/humming theme. But that's it, really..

Posted by: MingSubu ()
Date: April 6, 2014 23:22

ThickerThanThieves
andrewt
The opening is a little dull and predictable, but the jam at the end rocks.
Always liked this version.

Fantastic version! I loved it! thumbs upthumbs up

Thanks for sharing.

Always loved Mick waves Keith up front ~4:15. Keith's playing sounds so nasty, then the jam. Fantastic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-06 23:23 by MingSubu.

Posted by: JuanTCB ()
Date: April 7, 2014 04:23

DandelionPowderman
ThickerThanThieves
dcba
ThickerThanThieves

He might be thinking of I'm Losing You, which has the same riff/humming theme. But that's it, really..

I heard "Papa Was.." the first time I listened to "Out Of Control" but never made the "I'm Losing You" connection until I read your post - good call!

I'm gonna go listen and see if I can hear any "Psychedelic Shack" in there...

Date: April 7, 2014 10:01

JuanTCB
DandelionPowderman
ThickerThanThieves
dcba
ThickerThanThieves

I heard "Papa Was.." the first time I listened to "Out Of Control" but never made the "I'm Losing You" connection until I read your post - good call!

I'm gonna go listen and see if I can hear any "Psychedelic Shack" in there...

Ronnie played on both, so he might be the link here - listen round 2:05 smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2014-04-07 10:03 by DandelionPowderman.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1986
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home